• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Totally predictable responses to BSE announcement.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
An example is R-Calf saying as late as June 24/05 that downers are still entering the Canadian food supply. Utter BS :!: :!: :!: A person with any hint of intelligence knows this is false.

Bill- Is it that outrageous a statement-- I believe in the last year I have read news articles about at least 2 Canadian plants that were either being investigated or had been closed down because of the practice of slaughtering downers , or in the case of the one butchering downer dead cows for human consumption....Both of these were in eastern Canada- but that is still Canada...

OT, which plants would these be? Where in eastern Canada was this happening. Do you believe everything you read?

Murgen said:
OT, which plants would these be? Where in eastern Canada was this happening. Do you believe everything you read?

Murgen- Canadian news wouldn't lie would it?-- I don't know the names- they were in Ontario or Quebec I think- some were just provincial slaughter plants, but one had been a supplier of processed beef to a US firm in Penn.- and would have been doing so if the border was open...

Couple of the articles were printed on here...Maybe you can find them in the old archives...

Oldtimer said:
Murgen said:

Murgen- Canadian news wouldn't lie would it?-- I don't know the names- they were in Ontario or Quebec I think- some were just provincial slaughter plants, but one had been a supplier of processed beef to a US firm in Penn.- and would have been doing so if the border was open......

And how many years ago was that OT 5, 10, 15 yrs

Oldtimer said:
[Couple of the articles were printed on here...Maybe you can find them in the old archives...

No maybe you should find & post them O.T, seeing as you should be able to know what you are looking for.

Oldtimer said:
Murgen said:

Murgen- Canadian news wouldn't lie would it?-- I don't know the names- they were in Ontario or Quebec I think- some were just provincial slaughter plants, but one had been a supplier of processed beef to a US firm in Penn.- and would have been doing so if the border was open...

Couple of the articles were printed on here...Maybe you can find them in the old archives...
There was an Ontario plant that was alleged to have processed downers in AUGUST of 2003. No it is not allowed but just as in the US there are those who will break the law to make a quick buck.

Quit avoiding the point OT. On June 24th 2005 R-Calf's news release contained "Of significant concern is the fact that Canada still allows 'downer' cattle into its domestic food supply." An outright lie.

There was an Ontario plant that was alleged to have processed downers in AUGUST of 2003. No it is not allowed but just as in the US there are those who will break the law to make a quick buck

And just so you know, the plant's owner is looking at a huge settlement, because no one has proven he was bringing in dead animals. The government party that pushed the issue is now in power in Ont. and they have backed right off. An election ploy, you be the judge!

Bill said:
Oldtimer said:
Murgen said:

There was an Ontario plant that was alleged to have processed downers in AUGUST of 2003. No it is not allowed but just as in the US there are those who will break the law to make a quick buck.

Quit avoiding the point OT. On June 24th 2005 R-Calf's news release contained "Of significant concern is the fact that Canada still allows 'downer' cattle into its domestic food supply." An outright lie.

Bill- I've seen no proof that they are not...USDA has said that Canada meets all slaughter inspection requirements, but as we have seen USDA also has little credibility relating to the Canadian issue after being caught bending and breaking rules, coverups, and complete incompetence in handling the entire BSE issue...So now we are to believe the USDA group that did the analysis and inspection of the Canadian system :???: :? As both a Federal US Judge and an OIG inspector have said- their is evidence they have put economic issues in front of US consumer and US herd health...

And its pretty obvious that both the CFIA and the USDA march to the mulinationals same drumbeat......

And its pretty obvious that both the CFIA and the USDA march to the mulinationals same drumbeat......

So what are you saying OT? That both the beef from the US and Canada are unsafe to eat? I guess that fits in with RCALF's message. You're determined to go down with the ship are you OT?

Murgen said:

So what are you saying OT? That both the beef from the US and Canada are unsafe to eat? I guess that fits in with RCALF's message. You're determined to go down with the ship are you OT?

Turden, That's what Japan, Taiwan and 38 other countries are saying! U.S. and Canada beef is unsafe.

Turden, That's what Japan, Taiwan and 38 other countries are saying! U.S. and Canada beef is unsafe.

Mike, are you saying that the 38 are right, we should not eat it? Good thing I'm having chicken tonight! A big T-bone tomorrow though.

And so now if we test everything, how will that make things any better. Do you think anybody will trust the testing if conducted by the USDA, if RCALF proves they are incompetent in court?

Murgen said:

What I'm saying Murgen is that both CFIA and USDA can't seem to go to the bathroom without asking permission of Tyson or Cargill first--You're supposedly still a sovereign nation (altho you lost much of that sovereignty to NAFTA)- so why don't you inspect everything and get the Japanese market?- I saw a Calgary article on July 1 where another Japanese firm is offering to pay both American and Canadian Plants for the cost of testing so they can import their beef- but your CFIA won't allow them...Why? Why wouldn't USDA allow Creekstone to test? Could they both be so deep into the Big Boys pockets that they only tell you what they are told to- or do what they are told to....
Remember who told your Parliament where to stick their Investigative Subpeonas :???: ...Who else in Canadian bureaucracy do they manipulate the strings on? :wink: - we can see they've had USDA dancing to their tune...

Murgen said:

Mike, are you saying that the 38 are right, we should not eat it? Good thing I'm having chicken tonight! A big T-bone tomorrow though.

And so now if we test everything, how will that make things any better. Do you think anybody will trust the testing if conducted by the USDA, if RCALF proves they are incompetent in court?

No, I'm not saying that at all. You know better!

I think this brou-haha and the report by Phyllis Fong will make some heads roll. If things don't shape up then, we're in a world of hurt. I can tell the USDA is doing a little "crawfishing" now!

I think this brou-haha and the report by Phyllis Fong will make some heads roll. If things don't shape up then, we're in a world of hurt. I can tell the USDA is doing a little "crawfishing" now!

I agree with you Mike, and they should be doing some backpeddling. The right and honest message should have been sent out on May 20th, 2003. But it wasn't and other organizations were allowed to distort facts to the detrement of us all.

Closing the border only told the world that BSE is a threat to consumer safety, restrictions & survellance are NOT in place. Now it's within your borders, it is still unsfe for consumers, by the messages sent.

I do believe the US would not be in the position they are in now, if they had said on May 20th, 2003, "we believe we have kept the US beef supply safe so far, (without BSE present in NA), but now that we have found a case in Canada, (although minor) here's what we are going to do, here's what Canada is doing. These cases are do to the facts we knew at the time (1997) and we (USDA and CFIA) will not stop adjusting to current science to provide the safest beef in the world!

Oldtimer said:
Bill said:
Oldtimer said:

Bill- I've seen no proof that they are not...USDA has said that Canada meets all slaughter inspection requirements, but as we have seen USDA also has little credibility relating to the Canadian issue after being caught bending and breaking rules, coverups, and complete incompetence in handling the entire BSE issue...So now we are to believe the USDA group that did the analysis and inspection of the Canadian system :???: :? As both a Federal US Judge and an OIG inspector have said- their is evidence they have put economic issues in front of US consumer and US herd health...

What typical R-Calf crap, twisting , BS and lies Oldtimer. I can see why you fit right in.
Bill- I've seen no proof that they are not...
He must have been speeding because I have no proof that he wasn't?
She must have killed someone because I have no proof that she didn't?
You must have made quite the lawman OT.

You must have made quite the lawman OT

OT must have always made his quota, how are you doing with your RCALF membership sign-up quota OT, are the lies helping?

Bill said:
Oldtimer said:
Bill said:

What typical R-Calf crap, twisting , BS and lies Oldtimer. I can see why you fit right in.

Bill- You were the one questioning the statement- not me-- Like I said I saw the Canadian news articles claiming it was happening -- I'll wait until it all shakes out and see what evidence R-CALF has...So far they have been about right on with the happenings and credibility with USDA and the effect an unlimited access to Canadian captive supply has on US cattle prices :wink: .......

Murgen said:
You must have made quite the lawman OT

OT must have always made his quota, how are you doing with your RCALF membership sign-up quota OT, are the lies helping?

No, but from the PM's and e-mails I get I think some Canadians on here are pushing on the shirtails of ~SH~ and old GF for being the best R-CALF recruiters.... :wink: :lol:

I wonder whatever happened to old GF- kind of disappeared after Macon posted the IP's and everybody found out he was from Arkansas- Still wonder if he was a Tyson......

Oldtimer said:
Bill said:
Oldtimer said:

Bill- You were the one questioning the statement- not me-- Like I said I saw the Canadian news articles claiming it was happening -- I'll wait until it all shakes out and see what evidence R-CALF has...So far they have been about right on with the happenings and credibility with USDA and the effect an unlimited access to Canadian captive supply has on US cattle prices :wink: .......
No I didn't question a statement. I called it a lie which you defended.
An example is R-Calf saying as late as June 24/05 that downers are still entering the Canadian food supply. Utter BS A person with any hint of intelligence knows this is false.

No, but from the PM's and e-mails I get I think some Canadians on here are pushing on the shirtails of ~SH~ and old GF for being the best R-CALF recruiters

I don't doubt some are afraid to confront the truth, so they go to RCALF, so be it, some day they may see the light! If you're going to believe in lies, you might as well hang out with those you believe!

Latest posts