• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tow Bar

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben H

Reaction score
Has anyone ever rigged up a tow bar to haul their pickup behind their tractor? My post driver has a hitch receiver on it and was looking into towing my truck, '02 F-250, behind. Any recommendations on what model?

Lots of cash croppers around here do that very thing. Not unusual to see a combine pulling a header wagon with a towed pickup finishing the string going down the road to the next farm.

Some of the hitches are clearly home-built and simply bolted to the front bumper/frame attachment points of the pickup.

Just make an "A" type frame which bolts to the bumper of the truck, and attaches to a tractor receiver .

There's a guy around here that pulls two 20 yard dirt moving pans with his 9400 JD and his truck hooked behind them. Fuel and tools in the truck have him ready to work.

It looks like a train coming down the highway.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Just Google "Tow Bars" you will have more results then you know what to do with. :D

Yup, something like- "About 4,150,000 results (0.15 seconds)"

:lol:

Should keep you researching for a while there Ben! :wink:

I have tow bars on two of my vee hickles,has saved many many double trip's or walk's ,especially when working alone. have two older reese models that have served well,at the time they were around a hundred $

The locals here tow the tractor with their truck. I don't know which is better.

Latest posts