• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"Toxic Gas"? or "Toxic Comptition"????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

The TRUTH IS I am not changing my stance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Numerous jurisdictions around the country have passed or are working on legislation to regulate genetically engineered foods or COOL in their states as the absence of U.S. government
oversight or restrictions are none. Often these bills are intended to protect local farming from biotech contamination or human health and the environment. A Rutgers University
poll published in November 2004 confirmed earlier findings that nine-out-of-ten Americans (89 percent in the most recent poll) want to have genetically engineered foods labeled. When you add the COOL supporters that want ORIGIN labels 88%,All you got is a few like SH that want to stay the Status Quo and not go with common sense. Mostly they are Companys and investors fearing disclourse of the Truth.

~SH~ said:
Porker,

If consumers want Country of Origin Labeling and traceback, they can get it now with "LEGITIMATE" source verified branded beef products. Consumers don't need you to save them from themselves so you can promote Scoring Systems.

As far as my staying the status quo, what a joke. I'm way ahead of you in that I've been promoting source verified branded beef programs way before flawed "M"COOL came along which prohibited the traceback system that you endorse.

Try again!

~SH~

SH, I am a consumer, and I need Porker to promote his product to provide more information about the food I buy since the USDA isn't doing it. As a producer, what I don't need is someone like you telling me what I need or don't need from Porker or anyone else and slipping in a traceback system that is accessed by packer interests for packer purposes.

Conman: "SH, I am a consumer, and I need Porker to promote his product to provide more information about the food I buy since the USDA isn't doing it. As a producer, what I don't need is someone like you telling me what I need or don't need from Porker or anyone else and slipping in a traceback system that is accessed by packer interests for packer purposes."

If you want source verification, BUY SOURCE VERIFIED BEEF? Who the hell is stopping you? Quit dictating your will on the rest of the industry when the vast majority of consumers are not asking for Country of Origin Labeling.

I'm not telling you what you need or don't need. If you want source verified beef, IT'S ALREADY AVAILABLE. You are the arrogant @^!*% trying to force your desires on the rest of the industry.

Consumers aren't asking for it. If they were, processors and retailers can and would provide more source verified beef products than they are already without your arrogant influence.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "SH, I am a consumer, and I need Porker to promote his product to provide more information about the food I buy since the USDA isn't doing it. As a producer, what I don't need is someone like you telling me what I need or don't need from Porker or anyone else and slipping in a traceback system that is accessed by packer interests for packer purposes."

If you want source verification, BUY SOURCE VERIFIED BEEF? Who the hell is stopping you? Quit dictating your will on the rest of the industry when the vast majority of consumers are not asking for Country of Origin Labeling.

I'm not telling you what you need or don't need. If you want source verified beef, IT'S ALREADY AVAILABLE. You are the arrogant @^!*% trying to force your desires on the rest of the industry.

Consumers aren't asking for it. If they were, processors and retailers can and would provide more source verified beef products than they are already without your arrogant influence.

~SH~

If it is not one of my own, SH, I usually do. We should not let the USDA escape its responsibilities of making sure their inspection is adequate. When we know that there is a bias in the industry for the packers by the USDA then we have a credibility problem. The biggest problem with credibility issues with the USDA is that it has enormous negative consequences for all of the food industries. When consumers know about these issues the damage to the credibility is already great. The success of many of the higher dollar "quality" stores, including organic shows more and more people are catching on. If left up to you, the whole beef industry would go down just for packer interests that are not good in the long run for anyone. Cheaters never increase the quality, they just make the "illusion" of quality to make a quick buck.

SH, "Consumers aren't asking for it. If they were, processors and retailers can and would provide more source verified beef products than they are already without your arrogant influence."

You're wrong, consumers ARE asking for it. You seem to think that if there are no demonstrations on capitol hill, there is no interest. Every poll on the subject shows overwhelming support. Individual states are drawing up their own COOL laws. For someone who's only bias is the truth, you sure are ignoring a lot of it.

Processors and retailers are going to provide the largest margin product until consumers refuse to buy it.

Why do you have to wait until consumers are begging for something? The CAB boys didn't - and they're glad they created something the consumer wasn't aware of. I'll bet you hardly any of the people buying CAB today knew anything about Angus beef before CAB started, much less asked for it. I'll also bet you hardly any of them can tell you any reason at all why Angus would be better than any other breed even now. They're mostly targets of good marketing. This is a prime example of a profitable venture that invented a product and creating demand thru marketing - exactly what we all can have with COOL and a focused checkoff. PLUS, we're building a line of defense against the inevitable increased foreign beef that will be looking to take our consumer's dollars.

You need to wake up, shed your need to be contrary via your blanket approval of the packer's actions, and plan for long-term profitability of the US cattle industry - unless you don't care about the profitability of the US cattle industry.

Conman: "We should not let the USDA escape its responsibilities of making sure their inspection is adequate."

What proof do you have that USDA inspection is inadequate?

Watch the diversion folks...........

Conman: "When we know that there is a bias in the industry for the packers by the USDA then we have a credibility problem."

When packer blamers like you continue to make allegations without backing them with supporting facts, we know you have a credibility problem.

Conman: "The biggest problem with credibility issues with the USDA is that it has enormous negative consequences for all of the food industries. When consumers know about these issues the damage to the credibility is already great."

WOULD YOU BE SPECIFIC FOR ONCE AND QUIT R-CALFING THE ISSUES BY CONTINUALLY TALKING IN GENERALIZATIONS????

Bring something to the table to support your allegations.

Conman: "If left up to you, the whole beef industry would go down just for packer interests that are not good in the long run for anyone."

I suppose that would explain the success of USPB wouldn't it?

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

More unsupported allegations.

Conman: "Cheaters never increase the quality, they just make the "illusion" of quality to make a quick buck."

You'd know about that!

Sandman: "You're wrong, consumers ARE asking for it."

I'm right consumers are not asking for it. Ask any retailer.

Sandman: "Every poll on the subject shows overwhelming support."

Of course consumers would support Country of Origin Labeling VERBALLY. That doesn't mean it's important enough to them to ask for it and it doesn't mean that they are willing to pay for it AND IT'S MOOT ANYWAY BECAUSE 95% OF THE BEEF AT THE RETAIL COUNTER IS U.S. BEEF.

Sandman: "Individual states are drawing up their own COOL laws."

Pushed by the R-CULT pied pipers who claim to be in the cattle industry and not the beef industry yet think they know more about selling beef than those who actually sell beef.

Sandman: "Why do you have to wait until consumers are begging for something? The CAB boys didn't - and they're glad they created something the consumer wasn't aware of. I'll bet you hardly any of the people buying CAB today knew anything about Angus beef before CAB started, much less asked for it. I'll also bet you hardly any of them can tell you any reason at all why Angus would be better than any other breed even now. They're mostly targets of good marketing. This is a prime example of a profitable venture that invented a product and creating demand thru marketing - exactly what we all can have with COOL and a focused checkoff. PLUS, we're building a line of defense against the inevitable increased foreign beef that will be looking to take our consumer's dollars."

Another spew of R-CULT mantra.

The law you speak of is unenforceable and exempts 75% of the imports. It's meaningless to differentiate your product UNLESS YOU DIFFERENTIATE IT AGAINST SOMETHING. What good does advertising U.S. beef do WHEN 95% OF IT IS U.S. BEEF. HOW STUPID!

Advertising CAB is hardly comparable. CAB offers a higher degree of marbling. In contrast, flawed COOL can't even guarantee where the beef comes from because your R-CULT buddies didn't want to be burdened with traceback.

Your "M"COOL rah rah speech is totally meaningless for many reasons.

Sandman: "You need to wake up, shed your need to be contrary via your blanket approval of the packer's actions, and plan for long-term profitability of the US cattle industry - unless you don't care about the profitability of the US cattle industry."

I'm way ahead of your stupid flawed government mandate. I support source verified branded beef products that offer real value in the form of the quality of their product and it's convenience.

Your the one supporting a flawed unenforceable labeling law to differentiate 5% of U.S. consumed beef at the cost of labeling all beef to promote U.S. COMMODITY BEEF?

Talk about a waste!

~SH~

Latest posts