• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

TRACKING RITA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
ECI8.JPG

This storm sure looks like its gonna hit Texas,been mighty dry around here,but not dry enough for this,its starting to look nasty.............good luck

It shore nuff is lookin like it's gonna be nasty. If it takes the projected course....we gonna be in for some ruff stuff in another coupla days. Have invited friends that live on the coast up if they need a place to stay. But if it comes in at galveston or there abouts it's almost a guaranteed fact that we'll be without power for a few days here. Them cow water barrels is gettin rinsed out real good haulin water, will fill up nicely for me if I need it. We do have a generator we can run the well off of then hook back up to the deep freezer and such. Just hope there's not too much wind up this way.

Mother Nature is sure showing what she can do this year isn't she? Good Luck and We will be praying for it not to do to much damage this time.

Good luck to all in Texas, especially Haymaker. I would hate to see that wind blow you north and drop you off on Tam's front porch!!!! lol

What I'm wondering since I'm 100 miles dew north of galveston, just how ruff should I expect it to get this far inland? I've lived here for 15 years and so far haven't had to deal with anything like this. And the weather channel is no help they dont seem to wanna say what happens inland.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
What I'm wondering since I'm 100 miles dew north of galveston, just how ruff should I expect it to get this far inland? I've lived here for 15 years and so far haven't had to deal with anything like this. And the weather channel is no help they dont seem to wanna say what happens inland.

Jersey

Click on this and check out what NOAA is showing for a rain forecast. Seems to be pretty reliable.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/24hrqpfall.html

It shows what will happen for several days down the road. I trust it for blizzardsards and rainfall and it ain't lety me down so far. Only proble3m is, it didn't show me getting much rain this summer, and it was right! :cry:

It's a pretty handy site to keep on your favorites list. :)

feeder said:
Good luck to all in Texas, especially Haymaker. I would hate to see that wind blow you north and drop you off on Tam's front porch!!!! lol

Fat chance of that the old wind bag gets cranked up the storm will change course..

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:

Lilly,the thing you want to watch for being that far inland is tornadoes,some of these storms spawn several tornadoes and that is probably our biggest danger................good luck

Denny said:
feeder said:

Fat chance of that the old wind bag gets cranked up the storm will change course..

I would'nt be talking bout wind bags, your as windy as a fat bull in a green corn patch.besides I dont trust anyone that compares John Deere to belarus :D :D :D ...............good luck

feeder said:

Thanks for the well wishes feeder,It would take at least a cat.6 to blow me onto Miss Tam's porch,as mean as she is probably would'nt even give an ole TX cowboy some thing to eat,just grab her damn broom and start whipping me good :( ....................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Denny said:
feeder said:

I would'nt be talking bout wind bags, your as windy as a fat bull in a green corn patch.besides I dont trust anyone that compares John Deere to belarus :D :D :D ...............good luck

There's no comparison

You're just wishing you had one then you could get some REAL work done..only trick to Running a Belarus you need to learn to cuss in Russian....@#%(*&%^%%$#&*(***(^$##%^&(( ah I FEEL BETTER...

Thanks Jinglebob for the website, will come in handy when we are lookin for rain.

Sittin here watchin the weather channel and they are showing the guy in Florida tryin to ride a bike in a hurricane.....that's kinda like tryin to roller skate in a buffalo herd aint it? hahaha

I was just thinking. If this storm hits Texas and destroys it then we have double the destruction that we had from Katrina. But if it hits New Orleans that is already destroyed then the total destruction would be much less.
I say lets send Jim Cantori to New Orleans.

Well Katrina tore up all the oil rigs on the Louisianna coast,now I guess Rita can get the one's on the TX coast,look for gas prices to rise even more?.................good luck

I wonder if West Texas will get anything out of Rita??? Maybe it will cool down a degree or to.....oh lawd..or maybe we'll get some rain?!?!?! I think it has to hit down near brownsville and then travel up the Rio before it will reach us out here. If it hits galvaston it will just give all you east texas people another 50-60 inches. lol

To add to the 70 or so I got this past winter/spring that dried up a long time ago Tibbs :p
The last small tropical storm we got thru here back in 96 or 97, was a slow moving one, not alotta wind but lots of rain, 25 inches in 4 days. Creeks were outta banks everywhere, couldnt go to town. I'm just hopin we don't git major major winds with this. if it turns and heads straight north and hits galveston the way they are saying, I might be gettin to see the strongest winds inland and the eye. (wonder if it takes down some pine trees I'll git that lil log cabin built outta the "leftovers" that I've wanted for a long time???) lol
I think no matter where it hits on the texas coast haymaker and myself will see some rain. As for west texas gettin it usually they hafta hit down between Corpus and Brownsville to get em to go on to west texas. I've seen it a time or two in my life time. Once while stayin the summer with my grandma we had water standing all over the pastures and in town as well bout a foot deep. Rained for a week. WE HAD TAD POLES everywhere!!!!! That was the first time I'd ever seen a tadpole or a frog for that matter lol.

HAY MAKER said:
feeder said:

Thanks for the well wishes feeder,It would take at least a cat.6 to blow me onto Miss Tam's porch,as mean as she is probably would'nt even give an ole TX cowboy some thing to eat,just grab her damn broom and start whipping me good :( ....................good luck

Well Haymaker if Rita blows you to Canada I will gladly show you Canadian hospitality but you have to promise to drop the R-CALF crap while you are over top Billings preferably on Leos and Bills Heads. :wink:

But I agree with Denny if You just get wound up you could blow Rita right back into the ocean and save all of Texas. :lol2:

local news just broke that Rita is now a category 5!!!! Time to batten downt he hatches (god, sure hope i spelled that right :oops: ), Texas!! Our prayers are with you all....take care Lilly, TxTibbs, Haymaker and all of our friends in the path!!! :shock: :shock:

Latest posts