• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trade hunts?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

tumbleweed_texn

Reaction score
Im curious if anyone would be interested in trading a pheasent hunt for an antelope hunt. Ive never had the opportunity to any much bird hunting but have always wanted to hunt some pheasent with someone who had a good dog or two. If any of you folks on the plains have ever wanted to hunt some antelope we may be able to work something out.

If you can arrange something, I am sure it would be better. But if you have a couple of people game to go with you- you don't have to have a dog. Walk in areas were successful for me.

Yep, going with someone that knows the area is always better. I was just mentioning that there is millions of acres to hunt if something didn't work out for you. I limited out in 45 minutes last time I went with just me and my dog- hard to beat that.

There are some hunting sites that I have seen with sections specifically for trading hunts. I would think someone would be game for an antelope hunt.

If you can swing something in South Dakota, you will never forget it. But it might ruin you for life any where else. :wink:

A South Dakota hunt would be great being is thats not too to the east. They have a place right over the line around Belle Fourche SD to hunt but they used farmed and caged birds. I have never been a fan of that type of hunting.

We have some guys from Gorgia coming in Oct to hunt and film a show while they hunt goats on our place. That should be fun.

phesants are fun, but I think a good dog is more enjopyable on quail. I could set you up with a couple guys if you want to run quail.

Latest posts