• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trade with Europe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
Looks like our examples are not being followed...........again. :?

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=1346324

I don't know much about foreign trade and at the risk of showing my ignorance, but I just can't help but believe that you can't sell someone something they don't want.

That's the way it works for me anyway.

The big seed company thing (and GMO's) are getting scary and the "terminator seed" deal is another argument in itself.

Mike said:
I don't know much about foreign trade and at the risk of showing my ignorance, but I just can't help but believe that you can't sell someone something they don't want.

The big seed company thing (and GMO's) are getting scary and the "terminator seed" deal is another argument in itself.

I think your right on the money Mike with your thoughts on this subject. By the way, I hate GMO's, for the record. Going to plant a few acres of open pollinated corn for silage. See how it does. Researched it and it's supposed to equal any silage hybid. There's even a strain called Goliath from the Ohio Valley that's been reported to yield 50 tons to the acre. Can't save seed from that because it's 120 days. To far north.

Tom S said:
Mike said:

I think your right on the money Mike with your thoughts on this subject. By the way, I hate GMO's, for the record. Going to plant a few acres of open pollinated corn for silage. See how it does. Researched it and it's supposed to equal any silage hybid. There's even a strain called Goliath from the Ohio Valley that's been reported to yield 50 tons to the acre. Can't save seed from that because it's 120 days. To far north.

Man if I could get 50 tons to the acre I'd need about 12 acres. the best my fall rye has ever done was about 10 tons wet and the normal for this dry land is 1-2 tons with a good crop in that 4-5 ton area. I think you'd have to cut that crop one row at a time. :cowboy:

[

Man if I could get 50 tons to the acre I'd need about 12 acres. the best my fall rye has ever done was about 10 tons wet and the normal for this dry land is 1-2 tons with a good crop in that 4-5 ton area. I think you'd have to cut that crop one row at a time. :cowboy:[/quote]

I'll see if I can dig out the website tommorrow BMR. It's interesting. I know our 4320 would snort and have to do one row at a time with our chopper. Wouldn't mind it tho.

Latest posts