• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trick Riding

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We were watching some trick riding on TV. I told the wive I did that move, and the next move too. Except I did those moves off the side of a bareback bronc. And I just held them for a split second until gravity took over.

Gravity sucks!!!! 😂
We used to have an old Ace Reid calendar at the ranch. My favorite was the one of a cowboy making a wonderful early morning bronc ride and in the thought bubble over his head was written something like- "Here I am making the best ride of my life and there's not a photographer, a pretty girl or an ambulance within 200 miles" 😁😁😁
Gravity is even stronger when people are around to see it happen

I ride everyday no matter how cold or windy no matter how bad I feel. Even when I got out of surgery and could hardly get around I rode. Had to crawl and slide on the back of a deck truck to get on my horse. Getting off was worse. Was so happy that I was able to get on !my horse but then I realized I had no plan on how to get off. It all worked out.
I honestly believe that its the end of me when I can't ride anymore or if I lose my little cow herd.
I can't physically hunt anymore because if I shoot something I would need help to get it out and processed. My kids live at home with me but they are always gone so it kind of feels like I'm living on Mars or something because there are just no people in my life. A few cows,horses and the cat are my only reason to get out of bed in the morning.
I can't even pull wrenches much anymore. Haha this depressing me thinking about it. I need a woman to play cards with or something.

Haven't you punished yourself enough? Do you play pinochle?
Never heard of it. We used to play auction 120 and cribbage. Not that long ago it seemed like everybody played cards. There would be card party's at rural community hauls or people would just visit each other and play cards and socialize. My friends that played cards where older than me and now they are gone. That or now they would rather spend all their time on the internet.
With the horses I'm kind of scared that if I stop doing it then it won't be long and I won't be able to do it.
I can't really walk or do much with my hands anymore. Old injuries ,wore out joints and arthritis. I'm 52 and everything hurts!

Inspiration for Evans

e4df62b3944b136b35e678fa93cc6f9c.jpeg

Latest posts