• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Turn About is "Fair Play"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
How would you Americans like this idea?

Since we "allowed" your people to come up here and check out our beef industry, perhaps we should send a number of our CFIA inspectors down your way to "help" your USDA vets check for BSE.

It seems that ours are pretty good at what they do. Like, qualified, maybe, and not easily bought off.

If we have a homegrown BSE case, then you have every right to come test and make sure everything is on the up and up if you don't want to take our beef. Until then you have no right, we didn't come check you out before your first case.

Well you did have one case, seems a little fishy too.....are you scared of what we might find?

So Japan has no right? How will you open that export market then?

We do have the right to require your cattle to be branded, mouthed, preg checked, ID'd traceable to original herd, and shipped in sealed trucks if they wish to come north though if we really want to make this thing equitable.

And the cattlemen in Montana thought the Anaplasmosis test requirements were too much????

Go for it!!!! :wink: You don't take enough of our cow to bankrupt a hobby farmer now.

Oh my, rancher. I can hardly believe that you are so niave. If fact, you seem to have missed the entire thrust of my post.

Please don't make us think less of your capacities by posting a response like yours.

Rancher, The USDA did find one case so maybe the CFIA should come down and make sure that there are no other Canadian cattle with BSE in the US. But since you can't find them to save your souls I guess the CFIA should test everything that stumbles or dies as it may be from Canada.

Tell you what Tam I wished you would come down and test them all, we would get our markets back and not cost us a dime. If we have it I am not one for coverups, find it, deal with it and test to see how bad it is.

Tell you what Tam I wished you would come down and test them all, we would get our markets back and not cost us a dime.

Another case of wanting something as long as it doesn't cost you right Rancher :wink: Just like the National ID system to trace back your cattle

If we have it I am not one for coverups, find it, deal with it and test to see how bad it is.

Come on, after what R-CALF has told the US consumers about how unsafe Canadian beef is the only thing you can afford is for the USDA to go on hiding the true prevalence as if it is found you and the rest of the industry are doomed. NO exports and no domestic confidence left. :p

Tam said:
Tell you what Tam I wished you would come down and test them all, we would get our markets back and not cost us a dime.

Another case of wanting something as long as it doesn't cost you right Rancher :wink: Just like the National ID system to trace back your cattle

Come on, after what R-CALF has told the US consumers about how unsafe Canadian beef is the only thing you can afford is for the USDA to go on hiding the true prevalence as if it is found you and the rest of the industry are doomed. NO exports and no domestic confidence left. :p

I guess I am not a flip flopper like NCBA or a blindless follower like the members they still have left. I think for myself, if we have BSE, then find it and get rid of it. I for one don't want my kids or future grandkids told on down the line, oops we made a mistake. You can point fingers and tell me I am a liar to make your venting go better, it sure doesn't bother me.

You know you would treat us the same or worse if we had the first case. We took your boxed beef, now you want us to bail you out, if it don't go your way you cuss us more. Why don't we rant and rave at how you lost our export markets for us? :???: :roll: :???: :roll: :???: :roll: :???: :roll: :???: :roll: :D

I'm pretty sure I know what government orgs. can and they may be working together to protect the "North American Industry" but not divulging such damaging info.

Someone called the NCBA on flip flopping, maybe they know something the rest of us don't. Other export markets have maybe said "you have to treat eachother as one industry before we buy any North American beef"

Why don't we rant and rave at how you lost our export markets for us?

Rancher you lost your export markets because one BSE infected cow was IN YOUR FOOD CHAIN and you HAVE NO WAY of guaranteeing that their aren't other infected cattle in the US, imported or native. The OIE looked at the US/Canadian trade in the past and told you that you couldn't consider this in isolation of the whole industry. So live with it and don't bother ranting and raveing because it will not change Japans mind. They see us as the very same risk but are looking favorably on Canada because of our tracing ability something you proved you can't do or you could have considered this an imported case.

Rancher you lost your export markets because one BSE infected cow was IN YOUR FOOD CHAIN

Well Tam as MRJ says show me a link that tells that as I have never read it.

I guess I won't rant and rave about our export markets, without your added burden and no exports for us I am happy with the cattle prices. So if I were you as you keep telling us that Japan will take our beef if we take yours that you have Japan in your pocket and don't need us. Go for it!

Rancher I can't but you can't be so positive, we caused all this problem!

rancher said:
Rancher you lost your export markets because one BSE infected cow was IN YOUR FOOD CHAIN

Well Tam as MRJ says show me a link that tells that as I have never read it.

I guess I won't rant and rave about our export markets, without your added burden and no exports for us I am happy with the cattle prices. So if I were you as you keep telling us that Japan will take our beef if we take yours that you have Japan in your pocket and don't need us. Go for it!

Ted Haney was on the radio yesterday after the ruling came down and he said that Canada and the US are at the exact same risk level in Japans eyes. I'm sure I wasn't the only one in Canada that heard him say this as it was on 540's As It Happens show. Think about it and tell me Rancher if the Washington cow was from Canada and the DNA proved it why aren't your exports open. Could it be because the Washington cow was in the US food system and they don't trust the US system????

Everytime someone in the US, namely R-CALF, says that the science is wrong and Canadian beef isn't safe, they are telling Japan and the rest of your past trading partners that beef coming from the US is also unsafe. And by taking our boxed beef but not our cattle it is telling them it is not the beef that is not safe it is where it is slaughtered that makes it unsafe. Which just happens to be the same system where the Washington cow was found, The US SYSTEM not Canada's. Besides if the US doesn't trust the science why should anyone that you are trying to sell your beef to :???: Maybe what Japan is waiting for is to see if you really believe the science you are trying to sell them, and the only way is to act like you do and right now you are doing the complete opposite.

Latest posts