• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Two beef plants to close on Saturdays

Help Support Ranchers.net:

You kidding Sandman? Jason doesn't want to fight. He just wants to line up with the narrow minded thinking of SH and Agman to prove he is some kind of informed individual.

Every thread concerning the all Holy Packer is the same.

Don't say one thing that could be construed as blaming a packer on this site or you instantly become a redneck trailer park boy with a kindergarten education.

Throw some more at me SH, Agman, and your little puppy Jason. You may have the facts and figures but your common sense is pathetic.

Oh Sandman, don't take it so personal. Just because you don't know where the Gering slaughter plant procured it's slaughter cows doesn't mean you have to throw a fit.

Nobody ever said the drought liquidation and normal cull cow sell offs doesn't play a role in the reduction of slaughter cows available for the Gering plant. We've seen both before.

The problem is that you wanted to contradict Mr. Dobb's position that the Gering plant was closed due to an absence of Canadian slaughter cows. For you to do that with any credibility, you needed to know where the Gering plant procured their slaughter cows. You didn't know! You guessed! Threw out a "red herring" when you had nothing to disprove what Mr. Dobb had stated. Typical deceiver.

As far as ankle biting randy, did you have anything you wanted to add or are you here for packer blaming moral support?

Someone presenting factual information on packers again and it pissed you off. Poor you!

Why is it that factual information and non packer blamers bother you so much?

Get over it!

You join in when anyone is blaming packers or suggesting that packers are being less than honest. In your haste, you can't even realize that your blame (packers want to keep the border shut) contradicts the U.S. packer blamers position (packers want the border open).

Instead of joining them in their blame, you should be trying to correct their position on packer motives.

Like most blamers, you can't think clearly enough for that.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Oh Sandman, don't take it so personal. Just because you don't know where the Gering slaughter plant procured it's slaughter cows doesn't mean you have to throw a fit.

Nobody ever said the drought liquidation and normal cull cow sell offs doesn't play a role in the reduction of slaughter cows available for the Gering plant. We've seen both before.

The problem is that you wanted to contradict Mr. Dobb's position that the Gering plant was closed due to an absence of Canadian slaughter cows. For you to do that with any credibility, you needed to know where the Gering plant procured their slaughter cows. You didn't know! You guessed! Threw out a "red herring" when you had nothing to disprove what Mr. Dobb had stated. Typical deceiver.

As far as ankle biting randy, did you have anything you wanted to add or are you here for packer blaming moral support?

Someone presenting factual information on packers again and it p****d you off. Poor you!

Why is it that factual information and non packer blamers bother you so much?

Get over it!

You join in when anyone is blaming packers or suggesting that packers are being less than honest. In your haste, you can't even realize that your blame (packers want to keep the border shut) contradicts the U.S. packer blamers position (packers want the border open).

Instead of joining them in their blame, you should be trying to correct their position on packer motives.

Like most blamers, you can't think clearly enough for that.

~SH~

Didn't you read Agman's post...Canadian slaughter cow numbers are insignificant...just more of your hate R-CALF BS :twisted:

Isn't 'ol SH just a ray of sunshine? :lol: He probably did read Agman's post, but it didn't matter. If the facts don't fit his agenda, he just glosses over them and goes on.

He's a dandy! :wink:

RM: "Didn't you read Agman's post...Canadian slaughter cow numbers are insignificant...just more of your hate R-CALF BS"

Ok Robert, the next time someone blames the Canadian border on a reduction in cull cow prices you better be there to present the same damn argument rather than picking and chosing when you are going to agree with the data Agman presents you hypocrite.

Agman didn't say that Canadian slaughter cow numbers WERE INSIGNIFICANT TO THE GERING NEBRASKA PLANT DID HE?????

DID HE ROBERT??????

Agman said Canadian slaughter cow numbers were insignificant to the reduction in available slaughter cows. That doesn't mean that they were not a primary reason in the Gering plant's closure.

Either Dobbs is right that the reduction in Canadian slaughter cows resulted in the Gering plant or he is wrong and Sandman is right from the standpoint that the Gering plant did not rely heavily on Canadian slaughter cows.

That is the issue here!

Here's a perfect time for Sandman to prove that AMI's Dobbs is incorrect. All he'd have to do is conduct a little research and find out how dependent this plant was on Canadian slaughter cows. Instead, you two would rather take Agman's statement OUT OF CONTEXT to apply it to this debate.

Let me make this perfectly clear Robert and Sandman, the debate here is whether or not the Gering plant closed due to a reduction in Canadian slaughter cows as Dobb's implied.

If you guys want to prove Dobb's statement incorrect, you need the proof.

Nice try Robert but you failed again. You cannot change the debate from the Gering plant's dependence on Canadian cattle to the impact of Canadian slaughter cows on ALL PLANTS.

~SH~

Ok SH, let's try this...Dobbs is just an R-Calf blamer and will say anything to blame R-CALF for all the packer's problems. Does that type of argument sound familiar??? :p

I'm not going to do your research for you :lol: , but I would suspect that after,what, five or six years of drought that most all the ranchers have gotten rid of everything except their best, young cows.The plant's management saw the hand writing on the wall that there just wasn't going to be very many cull cows for some time(and the long term trend of a smaller USA cow herd) and decided now would be a good time to shut down an old inefficient plant.

SH, "SH, "Let me make this perfectly clear Robert and Sandman, the debate here is whether or not the Gering plant closed due to a reduction in Canadian slaughter cows as Dobb's implied."

The issue is you simply fulfilling your need to be contrary by defending packers on all issues. There was a big write-up in the Scottsbluff paper that told the story - another in the Omaha paper that wasn't quite so detailed. You didn't see either, did you? I did. You don't know squat about that plant, but yet you somehow feel qualified to tell RM and I that we need to provide facts. :roll: If you chide others for not having any facts, you had better have some in your pocket as well, otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

I'm comfortable with my statements, and I'm sure Robert Mac is as well.

RM: "I'm not going to do your research for you......"

FOR ME??????

No, you are not going to do the research for SANDMAN to back his position. State it correctly. Sandman suggested that Dobb's position is wrong. The burden of proof falls on Sandman, not me.

You could be right Robert but the fact remains, Dobb's statement cannot be proven wrong UNTIL IT'S PROVEN WRONG!

Sandman could be right but with his history of being wrong, I'm not about to take him at his word for anything. He shot from the hip on this one and he knows it.

Ironically, this is one time he may have been able to get the Gering plant's slaughter statistics and backed his position against Dobb's statement but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we have to shoot from the hip and create the illusion again. Typical Sandman!

~SH~

SH, "Sandman suggested that Dobb's position is wrong."

I suggested, no I stated, that Dobbs was not telling the whole story. Get it right.

Sandman, I'll bet you can't even take a position on this issue for fear of not being able to defend it.

Prove me wrong!

Is Dobbs wrong in his position that the Gering plant's closure was primarily due to a lack of Canadian slaughter cows?

1. Dobbs is wrong because the Gering plant's closure was due to the availability of ALL SLAUGHTER COWS?

2. Dobbs is right that the Gering plant closed because of a lack of Canadian slaughter cows?

You going to take a position or not?

I'll bet not!

~SH~

You can quit putting words in my mouth any day now, SH. I said Dobbs wasn't telling the whole story.

~SH~ said:
Sandman, I'll bet you can't even take a position on this issue for fear of not being able to defend it.

Prove me wrong!

Is Dobbs wrong in his position that the Gering plant's closure was primarily due to a lack of Canadian slaughter cows?

1. Dobbs is wrong because the Gering plant's closure was due to the availability of ALL SLAUGHTER COWS?

2. Dobbs is right that the Gering plant closed because of a lack of Canadian slaughter cows?

You going to take a position or not?

I'll bet not!

~SH~

OK SH, you can call me a liar...I did your research.

"We're in that point of the cycle where (ranchers) are rebuilding, which basically tightens our supply," said Steve Van Lannen, senior vice president for Packerland. "We needed to close that plant for supply reasons."

The company will close rather than sell the Gering plant, officials said. If conditions change in the industry, Packerland officials will look at reopening the plant.

"We've had a real difficult time procuring cattle for that plant, which has been unprofitable for some time," Van Lannen said.

(C) 2005 Omaha World-Herald. via ProQuest Information and Learning Company; All Rights Reserved

Sandman,

Why not answer the question?

Heck you read two articles on it you must be comfortable enough to know whether or not Canadian slaughter cows was an issue in the plant's closing.

Nah, like the ol' Sandbeenie, let's just create AN ILLUSION that Canadian cattle was not an issue in the plant's closing since we can't provide proof either way.

Typical Sandman deception, endorsed by R-CULT!

Robert Mac,

Everyone already knows the plant closed because of a reduction in the availability of slaughter cows. That's not the issue. THE ISSUE IS HOW MANY OF THOSE SLAUGHTER COWS WERE NORMALLY CANADIAN SLAUGHTER COWS. That's the issue.

You guys got nothing, as usual!

~SH~

First you put words in my mouth and then you expect me to answer a question where you have already selected the answers? :lol: :lol: Not interested. I stand by my original comment.

The plant was closed primarily because the local supply of cull cows that they had been drawing on had been depleted mainly because of drought induced heavy culling. You can believe that or not, I don't care an ounce.

Enough of this, tag, it's your pig now, Robert.

SH: "THE ISSUE IS HOW MANY OF THOSE SLAUGHTER COWS WERE NORMALLY CANADIAN SLAUGHTER COWS. That's the issue."

June 10, 2005
The Calgary Herald

The Gering plant didn't receive cattle directly from Canada, but the two-year-old
U.S. ban on Canadian imports caused the domestic supply of older animals to
shrink, and that's what affected the plant, he said.

"We were hanging on and waiting for things to come back to normal," Van Lannen
said Thursday.

One note...but the two-year-old U.S. ban on Canadian imports caused the domestic supply of older animals to shrink,...was not a direct quote. Wonder why?...but then this is a Canadian paper!?!? :roll:

What you hanging your hat on this time SH??? :p

RM: "What you hanging your hat on this time SH???"

The closed Canadian border caused the domestic supply of older animals to shrink which contributed to the closing of the Gering plant.

About what I figured!

I never hung my hat on anything. I simply questioned Sandman's knowledge of the origination of cattle in the Gering plant. As I expected, he was shooting from the hip again, like always.

I know Robert, but he says what you want to hear. I understand!

~SH~

You're just a dandy, SH. Nobody else could be proved full of malarkey and still claim victory. :roll:

Nobody else could be proved full of malarkey and still claim victory

I beg to differ, RCALF is claiming victory daily, and with each tomorrow comes more proof of their malarkey! :D

Sandhusker,

You know that if you could contradict anything I have stated you would do so in a heartbeat. Instead, you "CLAIM" that I am full of malarky with nothing to back that claim. Same-O you!

Ironically, I didn't even take a position on the issue. I simply questioned your assertion that Dobbs didn't know what he was talking about when it was you who obviously didn't know what you were talking about. You didn't know where the Gering plant procured their cattle from.

You were not qualified to even present an opinion on whether or not a closed Canadian border contributed to the closing of the Gering plant but you did anyway. As always, rather than proving that you knew what you were talking about you created the "ILLUSION" of knowing what you were talking about.

Your typical deceptive MO!

That's what I find so disgusting about you and R-CULT and precisely why you can't be cyber slapped enough as far as I'm concerned.

I'll bet you are a democrat aren't you?

Hate successful corporations and love government mandates.

~SH~

Latest posts