• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tyson cutting jobs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker, I believe Tyson said that there is too much slaughter capacity.

The fact is, they used to slaughter many Canadian cattle.

YOU want to keep the border closed to Canadian cattle, don't you?

Tyson built slaughter capacity up there to take care of the slaughter.

Is it impossible for you to admit that the lack of slaughter cattle coming from Canada has a part in the drop in cattle available for slaughter in US plants?

OR that the tonnage of beef from those fewer cattle being slaughtered is not much, if any, less than from previous higher numbers of cattle?

Of course! We understand. It is ALWAYS easier for you to blame NCBA for ills of the industry than it is to admit that there are MANY and varied causes for problems. Grow up. Get a life. It may just give you a more comprehensive viewpoint of the world.

Many NCBA members do understand that the global market place is opening up more to US beef, and that US beef is considered the best there is in many countries. Some of us are raising the cattle they want, and when the politics get straightened out, we will be ready.

BTW, isn't the export market over half of what we lost? I'd say it is coming along quite rapidly.

How are you going to stretch the real 'pain' the cattle/beef industry feels due to the high fuel costs into being NCBA's fault? Never mind that more demand from emerging nations and our own extreme thirst for fuels is driving costs, I'm sure you will discount that, and come with a conspiratorial agenda on that subject, too.

mrj

MRJ, "Sandhusker, I believe Tyson said that there is too much slaughter capacity. The fact is, they used to slaughter many Canadian cattle.
YOU want to keep the border closed to Canadian cattle, don't you?
Tyson built slaughter capacity up there to take care of the slaughter.
Is it impossible for you to admit that the lack of slaughter cattle coming from Canada has a part in the drop in cattle available for slaughter in US plants?"

Live cattle imports from Mexico for January-November were down 14.8 percent but live cattle imports from Canada were up 33.5 percent from the same months of 2006. Total live cattle imports for the first eleven months of 2007 were up 7.5 percent from a year earlier.
Glenn Grimes & Ron Plain,
University of Missouri - Columbia
January 25, 2008

You going to tell me those were all feeders, MRJ?

mrj, a growing industry would be adding slaughter capacity!!!!!! :eek: :shock:
Here's a novel idea...give the consumer a reason to buy beef!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not the USDA/NCBA/CBB method....this is our beef, take or leave it!!!! :mad:

RobertMac said:
mrj, a growing industry would be adding slaughter capacity!!!!!! :eek: :shock:
Here's a novel idea...give the consumer a reason to buy beef!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not the USDA/NCBA/CBB method....this is our beef, take or leave it!!!! :mad:

Yep-- the NCBA way -- "them thar dum city folk don't need to know what thay'r eating or werein it cum from- they can et what we stick in front of dem- like it or not"-- A Helluva a marketing ploy they've been promoting :roll: :( :wink: :p

RobertMac, please show us where NCBA or CBB has EVER said "this is our beef, take or leave it", as you claim they do.

Who do you think has been talking to consumers and asking them what they want, then figuring out how to cut those great new steaks from the tender, tasty shoulder and other areas previously believed too difficult to cut out to best advantage?

One TGI Fridays' we eat in can't keep up with the demand for Flat Iron steaks.

Beef Checkoff leaders (and they aren't even all NCBA members!!!) deserve credit for that.

mrj

mrj said:
RobertMac, please show us where NCBA or CBB has EVER said "this is our beef, take or leave it", as you claim they do.

Who do you think has been talking to consumers and asking them what they want, then figuring out how to cut those great new steaks from the tender, tasty shoulder and other areas previously believed too difficult to cut out to best advantage?

Beef Checkoff leaders (and they aren't even all NCBA members!!!) deserve credit for that.

mrj

What did NCBA say when Korea and Japan and the Asian nations asked for BSE tested beef?

What did NCBA say and do when Creekstone and other small Packers wanted to BSE test for these Asian markets?

What did and has NCBA done when 92% of US consumers surveyed said they wanted Country of Origin Labeling?

What did and has NCBA done when 92% of US producers surveyed in a USDA survey indicated support of Country of Origin Labeling when they said they wanted all or a portion of their checkoff funds to go only to promote and advertise USA BEEF?...

So much for listening to the industry, the producers or the consumers....The only folks NCBA has cared about are a few of the Big Corporate Multinationals that they sold their soul to years ago.... :( :mad:

Oldtimer said:
mrj said:

mrj

What did NCBA say when Korea and Japan and the Asian nations asked for BSE tested beef?

What did NCBA say and do when Creekstone and other small Packers wanted to BSE test for these Asian markets?

What did and has NCBA done when 92% of US consumers surveyed said they wanted Country of Origin Labeling?

What did and has NCBA done when 92% of US producers surveyed in a USDA survey indicated support of Country of Origin Labeling when they said they wanted all or a portion of their checkoff funds to go only to promote and advertise USA BEEF?...

So much for listening to the industry, the producers or the consumers....The only folks NCBA has cared about are a few of the Big Corporate Multinationals that they sold their soul to years ago.... :( :mad:

....but they have to make it look good for the worker bees in the hive they control with the kind of nonsense mrj spouts.

mrj, if you have a lot of knowledge and don't use it, it is worthless.

NCBA has you fooled and busy working in their hive.

NCBA has said we accept the SCIENCE regarding how BSE should be handled, regarding trade and businesses testing proposals.

NCBA members support, and many of them participate in, branded beef programs where they TRUST THE CONSUMER to make the decision to choose to buy that branded, USA produced beef, or to choose to continue buying commodity beef. Why are you so afraid to leave that decision to consumers rather than have government mandate it, OT?

NCBA has been involved in finding solutions to the problem of advertising USA raised beef. What have you actually done, other than criticize what NCBA is doing re. possible checkoff changes?

mrj

mrj said:
NCBA has said we accept the SCIENCE regarding how BSE should be handled, regarding trade and businesses testing proposals.

While the rest of the world says our science is wrong :roll: :???: Even your own cults economist has said we as consumers are losing $150-175 per head as long as the Asian markets are not fully opened....
And unlike you- many of us don't have families that own banks- and that $175 per head could mean something !!!!

NCBA members support, and many of them participate in, branded beef programs where they TRUST THE CONSUMER to make the decision to choose to buy that branded, USA produced beef, or to choose to continue buying commodity beef. Why are you so afraid to leave that decision to consumers rather than have government mandate it, OT?

Problem is Maxine--that many of those branded beef programs are regional-- and we have none in our area anymore- because they couldn't compete with the generic cheap imports that were allowed to use fraud and deceit that put themselves out to be Product of USA...

NCBA has been involved in finding solutions to the problem of advertising USA raised beef. What have you actually done, other than criticize what NCBA is doing re. possible checkoff changes?

I believe the groups I back have not only passed a law regarding M-COOL, but now are passing another law mandating a corrupt/scandal ridden USDA/Administration to implement it-- and they are now moving forward to get the checkoff changed- to let groups besides NCBA to participate in the contracting and promotion programs as well as to use a portion of the checkoff to be used to promote USA BEEF- Born, Raised and Salughtered-- so as our President said tonight "We should support US products"....

mrj

MRJ, "NCBA has been involved in finding solutions to the problem of advertising USA raised beef. What have you actually done, other than criticize what NCBA is doing re. possible checkoff changes? "

I don't see US beef being advertised, therefore, I question what "solution" was found? All I hear are excuses.

NCBA has been involved in finding solutions to the problem of advertising USA raised beef.

Now that you have admitted that there is a problem, I have the solution.

I say, "JUST DO IT"!

Run some ads advertising U.S. beef and deal with the consequences. I'd bet there won't be any.

What are they gonna do? Lock up the whole CBB & NCBA constituancy?

Have you never heard of "Guerilla" advertising/marketing?

Latest posts