• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tyson Promotes Faith

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Econ101

Reaction score
Tyson Launches Faith-friendly Campaign

12/6/05 9:04:28 AM

By Arkansas Business staff, Arkansasbusiness.com Daily Report

Tyson Foods Inc. is offering free downloadable prayer booklets on its Web site, part of an overall strategy to appear faith-friendly to its workers and customers.

The booklets are available here and include mealtime prayers for a variety of faiths, including Christianity and Muslim.

According to a story Tuesday at AdAge.com, the Springdale-based meat processor has also put 128 part-time chaplains in 78 plants across the country.

"There is a broader trend among bigger businesses to be faith-friendly employers, acknowledging that employees don't want to leave their soul in the parking lot," David Miller, director of the Yale Divinity School's Center for Faith and Culture and a professor of business ethics, tells the trade magazine.

The move is seen as an extention of the company's core values, which includes "striving to be a faith-friendly company…and to honor God…," and as a reflection of CEO John Tyson's Christian faith.

John Tyson, who has battled drug and alcohol addiction in the past, has talked publicly about how his faith helped turn his life around.

AdAge subscribers can view the full story here:

http://www.adage.com/news.cms?newsId=47034

arkansasbusiness.com

Too bad they can not have available downloadable versions of the laws that were meant to protect producers and workers and the means to enforce them.

This is such a joke. It is just the propaganda machine at work.

Econ101 said:
Too bad they can not have available downloadable versions of the laws that were meant to protect producers and workers and the means to enforce them.

You should know about propaganda; that all your ever spew. All talk, no facts. Just keep on dancing.

What does a cheap shot like you have just leveled against Tyson say about your own credibility? I know you will just dance around without providing an answer but every reader on this forum has made your MO. You fool no one but yourself.

reader (the Second) said:
Faith can be such an empty word. Being a good person means DOING good deeds, living a good and exemplary life.

OrthoPRAX versus OrthoDOX. Practice versus Doctrine/Faith.

I learned this distinction in a Religious Studies class at the University of Texas.

Not abusing substances. Not being dishonest in business. Not exploiting customers and employees. Not abandoning your wife and kids.

I find it odd that some religious groups focus heavily on sinners who are saved after decades of sinning versus setting out standards for how all of us should live our daily lives.

Could it be that they focus on the story of the Prodigal Son? You know, the relief and thanksgiving when one who has long been doing something detrimental to ones health and faith finally comes to their senses and recants the sins. Which does not mean they will never sin again. Isn't there only ONE who has achieved that status?

Or maybe they just recognize that ALL are sinners and that all sin is equal?

Then again, there is that proscription against being judgemental.......which doubtless trips most of us up on occasion.

MRJ

agman said:
Econ101 said:

You should know about propaganda; that all your ever spew. All talk, no facts. Just keep on dancing.

What does a cheap shot like you have just leveled against Tyson say about your own credibility? I now you will just dance around without providing an answer but every reader on this forum has made your MO. You fool no one but yourself.

What cheap shot? Hypocrisy is self induced.

Econ101 said:
agman said:
Econ101 said:

What does a cheap shot like you have just leveled against Tyson say about your own credibility? I now you will just dance around without providing an answer but every reader on this forum has made your MO. You fool no one but yourself.

What cheap shot? Hypocrisy is self induced.

If you do not realize the cheap shot you made then you are truly a more pathetic person than you present of these forums.

I think this is a step in the right direction, but it seems to me this is like the person who's christian lifestyle exists only during that hour they are in church on Sunday. He's putting on a good show, but his actions behind the scenes show something different. It seems to me a practicing Christian wouldn't be involved in so many lawsuits, writeups, fines, etc....

reader (the Second) said:
Sandhusker said:
I think this is a step in the right direction, but it seems to me this is like the person who's christian lifestyle exists only during that hour they are in church on Sunday. He's putting on a good show, but his actions behind the scenes show something different. It seems to me a practicing Christian wouldn't be involved in so many lawsuits, writeups, fines, etc....

YEP, THAT'S WHY I USED THE WORD "ORTHOPRAX" TO DENOTE A PRACTICING PERSON WHOSE DAY TO DAY LIFE AND ACTIONS ARE GOOD AND FOLLOW A MORAL AND VALUE-BASED COURSE VERSUS SOMEONE WHO HAS THE OUTWARD APPEARANCE, CLAIMS CERTAIN BELIEFS, BUT DOES NOT PRACTICE WHAT HE CLAIMS TO BELIEVE

To put those actions off as "just doing business" is part of the problem. If we allow ourselves to be divided this way then which part of us is "Christian" or "Jewish" or "Muslim"? When we do this we are fooling no one but ourselves. Our business community has not stood up for what is right in this country. They have stood up for themselves only(not all) and we accept this as a society. It will be the ruin of us all.

Latest posts