• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tyson vs. Pickett and the Shell Game

Help Support Ranchers.net:

THIS IS WAAAAAAY TOO FUNNY!

Sandman and Econ. 101 are both debating for the packer conspiracy theorists but they are presenting conflicting conspiracy theories.

Here is Econ. 101's conspiracy for making your profits appear less than they are:

Econ. 101: "A robber has two bank accounts and he puts the money he steals in one of them. Is it a defense to say "Look at the one small bank account. There is no money in it. He must not be the bank robber!"

Now here's Sandman's conspiracy for making your profits appear more than they are:

Sandman: "Who is to say they would of made a profit during those times? Is it not possible the hanky panky reversed losses and turned them to gains? Here I'll make it simple for you..... My business was going to lose $10,000, so I stole $15,000 from you. Now I'm showing a profit of $5000. See how the theft can be more than the total profits?"

BWAHAHAHAHA!
BWAHAHAHAHA!

To which Econ. replies to Sandman:

Econ. 101: "Thank you, Sandhusker. I feel SH owes us all a lot for the education he is getting."

At this point my sides are literally hurting!

Econ. 101 thanks Sandman for a conspiracy theory that directly contradicts his original conspiracy theory.

I've seen it all now!

I'll let you guys decide whether Tyson has more incentive to hide their profits or to make them appear larger than they are.

This is like Randy Kaiser blaming Tyson and Cargill for wanting to keep the border closed while R-CULT is arguing that Tyson and Cargill want the border opened.

Both of them are blaming Tyson and Cargill but their arguments conflict.

The moral of the story...

BEWARE OF THE CONSPIRING MIND!

~SH~

You know everything SH. You have all the facts. You know exactly what Tyson and Cargill are planning every day. You da man SH. You da Packer hero.

I read SH's post 4 times and could not find anything that proved a point or even made any sense. Can anybody else?

Sandhusker said:
I read SH's post 4 times and could not find anything that proved a point or even made any sense. Can anybody else?

Quantity over quality sold as gospel.

Econ. and Sandman,

Did you guys settle on a conspiracy theory yet?

Either kindergarten Econ. is correct that Tyson is trying to hide their profits to make their profits appear smaller or Sandman is correct that their profits are artificially inflated due market manipulation, or neither one of your have a clue what you are talking about?

Based on your inability to come up with facts to back your market manipulation conspiracy theory, I'd say it's a safe bet that neither of you have a clue what you are talking about and simply say things that you think someone will believe. That's certainly the R-CULT way of conducting business.

For the 15th time, have you come up with the proof of market manipulation yet or do you still want to toss out the "red herrings" to divert that difficult question???

What a joke you two are.

~SH~

12 jurors who were there and heard everything ALL said it happened, SH. 12 out of 12. These people were listening to testimony at the trial while you were killing varmits in South Dakota.

~SH~ said:
Econ. and Sandman,

Did you guys settle on a conspiracy theory yet?

Either kindergarten Econ. is correct that Tyson is trying to hide their profits to make their profits appear smaller or Sandman is correct that their profits are artificially inflated due market manipulation, or neither one of your have a clue what you are talking about?

Based on your inability to come up with facts to back your market manipulation conspiracy theory, I'd say it's a safe bet that neither of you have a clue what you are talking about and simply say things that you think someone will believe. That's certainly the R-CULT way of conducting business.

For the 15th time, have you come up with the proof of market manipulation yet or do you still want to toss out the "red herrings" to divert that difficult question???

What a joke you two are.

~SH~

Both could be true. That is exactly what I am saying. Movements along the supply curve to the left and down due to market power will eventually be felt by producers and lower the supply they are willing to give the market. This will make the price of beef go up. Tyson tried to use the Canadian beef to make up for this but the BSE and R-Calf stopped that from happening. That is why cattle prices for American cattlemen stayed up recently- or was that the boxed beef argument you bring up SH?

When Tyson and its friends are on both sides of the border there is an incentive for them to play these kind of games. They just got caught. They hurt the Canadian and American cattlemen on that deal.

Your constant empty argument that packer margins remained the same due to competition and therefore did not profit from the manipulation is meaningless. They did not make up for it with Canadian beef due to R-calf but Tyson is making a lot of money in the chicken and pork business where they do not have to share the spoils of market swings with the farmers. Do you not believe that fact? By swinging these markets Tyson is making barriers to entry in the individual markets but it is coming at the expense of cattlemen, poultry and pork producers. That increases industry concentration in all of the meat industries..

~SH~ said:
GIPSA has investigated the market manipulation conspiracy theory regarding captive supplies repeatedly and can find no proof of market manipulation. I have that information.

~SH~

I'm not disputing that...my point was that GIPSA officials said they didn't have the legal tools to get to the information(if it exist) that would provide proof of market manipulation. Shouldn't the ability to manipulate a free market place be of concern? Why do mergers of corporations have to get government approval? Isn't that part of concern for manipulation of the free market place?? Has it become easier for these mergers to take place?

Latest posts