• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

U.S. ready to send 3,500 troops into Kuwait: source

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven said:
Aminus... so it's "Ok" that almost 3K kids have died for one man's ' revenge for Daddy' war since the numbers haven't gotten up to Civil War numbers of deaths yet, is that your measuring stick?? Such simple reasoning and child like.

No it would not be worth it if that was the reason we went to war. But any intelligent person can see that is not the reason we are in Iraq. Right or wrong revenge is not the reason. Revenge might make it a little sweeter to see Saddam hang but it was not the reason we went.

Plus why no explaining about your comment of Bush going down in history as more People dying than any other President. I would love to hear you explain that simple reasoning?

Just admit it Kolan, you are not a very educated person (nothing wrong with it) you constantly say things that are not of a very informed or of a learned person.

aplusmnt said:
Did not realize the President could just declare war on a whim. Seems like Bush had to go through the same channels as did the Presidents of all the other wars. Congress was involved if I remember correctly.

No other president has been so callous as to create a war, hundreds of thousands dead just because he wanted it. Bush is an original.

Also you can not say it was a whim when we had already fought Saddam a few years before that under another President. If it was not for the Treaty Saddam signed we would have went to Baghdad years before. Then he broke it so all Bush really did was finish the war that was started by Previous administrations.

The world fought Saddam when he invaded Kuwait. He invaded Kuwait for no reason, except he wanted to. That's exactly the reason George W. Bush invaded Iraq. Jim Baker took all kinds of heat because the US and their friends didn't go on into Iraq in the first Gulf War. Today no one with a brain questions that decision. It's obvious that we would have the same problems then that we have now.

You want to act like all was peaceful in the world and then Bush woke up one day and says he I am bored, I think I will start a war.

From the day Bush took office he was looking for a reason to get Saddam. His own Sec of Treasury said at the first cabinet meeting, Saddam was an important topic of discussion! He was eager to pin 9/11 on Saddam, but couldn't make that happen. So he used 9/11 as an excuse. He stoked the fears of many Americans, he misused intelligence, to make a case for war against Saddam. You can't get around that.

The war started with 911 against us and Countries with Radical and dangerous Muslims sponsored nations. At the very least you could only argue that he picked the wrong one at the wrong time, or could have did it differently. But it was not a whim, All Wars have mistakes, the ups and downs strategically.

The "war" was declared by George W. Bush, not by any nation. When the Towers were attacked under the previous Administration, people were caught, tried and are now in jail. Where is Osama? Not in jail. You can't get around that one either. Bush is on record as saying he's not very concerned about Bin Ladin. He's also on record as having a grudge against Saddam.

You live in this Now time also. You can not see how in 5 or 20 years going to Iraq might prove to be smart, seeing how Iran is probably the biggest threat to World Peace at the moment. And guess what? We now have a stronghold with weapons sitting right on the border of Iran. If not for Iraq it would have taken months to prepare to fight Iran when the time arise.

I do live in the NOW time. I see that in five or ten years, Iraq is likely to go to the world court and ask for restitution from the US for the devestation we've done to that country. That's assuming, of course, that there is such a country left. Right now it looks like it's coming apart at the seams, thanks to George Bush. Did you know that Iran was an ally in the invasion of Afghanistan? That they furnished important intelligence for that invasion? And what did Bush do a few weeks later? He called them part of the "Axis of Evil." Thanks, Iran. If you ever thought you could be a friend of the US, that showed you where you stood. That probably nothing you could do would ever make this country accept you. We're not going to have a large number of troops in Iraq in five or ten years. They may be there through the Bush Administration (two more years) only because he had rather have several thousand more dead Americans than to admit he messed up.

\As I have always said, I believe the Iraq war is about building forces in an area that will be the battle grounds for WWIII. Saddam was just stupid enough to give us a crack in the door to get into that area.

You can believe whatever you want, but the record is clear that George W. Bush took us into war with Iraq because Saddam had WMDs and would give them to terrorists to bring to the US. That was his excuse, that was the mantra of the Administration, mushroom clouds and all.

Nothing Bush did was a Whim, right or wrong it was no Whim, Maybe you should think a little or use Google like Kolan. :wink:
[b[/b]

I have thought. War on a whim is my belief. He, Rumsfeld, Cheney, thought they could have a nice little war, get in and out. The Iraqis would love us, throw roses at our feet, the oil would be contracted out to American oil companies, and everyone would be happy. They ignored professional military recommendations that told them otherwise. There's no excuse for the mess we're in. There's no simple answer for rebuilding Iraq. There is a civil war that must fight itself out. There's nothing 140,000 American soldiers can do to make Sunnis love Shiites and that's the problem right now. The latest Pentegon report says the greatest threat to the country is not Al Quaida; it's secterian violence (civil war). We cannot stop a civil war.

Dis, it is actually getting old re explaining things to you and other numerous times as to the break down of the war. It is getting tiring having to re type or re explain to people how the whole world thought Saddam had WMD's how Saddam's own Generals thought they had them.

Kind of like a Policeman shooting a criminal when he tells the criminal to put his hands up and the criminal yells #$%@ You I am going to blow your Pig brains out and then he reaches in his coat for what is thought to be a gun and gets shot even though he does not have a gun.

Everyone thought Saddam had WMD's Saddam liked everyone to think that. His demise is the fact that he did not want to tip his power hand to us or his enemies that he was as weak as he was.

It is getting old hearing Liberal crap about how bad things are in Iraq instead of realizing all the good and building that is going on in Iraq. Maybe a civil war has to happen maybe it is inevitable so be it. But the Country now has a chance that they did not have under Saddam and his future heirs in his sons.

Better safe than sorry, guess what we now know for sure there is no WMD's in Iraq, we know there is no longer a man that vowed to destroy America and we have a Military presence in a region that is the breeding ground for WWIII

And on a daily basis our soldiers are killing Terrorist that share the Same Ideology and God as those that flew the planes on 911. So I could care less why we are there. At this very moment we are fighting a war on terror there. These are Al Qaeda and Terrorist that we are fighting at the moment, Saddam is old news he soon will be worm food and I will give him no more thought. What I like is the fact that as long as we are there we are killing Terrorist, and that is what this war is about now, who cares what you think it use to be about. The current mission is killing road side bombers and terrorist.

A+ the only thing DIS qusting understands is the art of CUTTING and pasting, because then she can delete things that do not meet her agenda on that given post!!
she spends all her wakeing moments searching for things that make her look intelligent and failing on a daily basis!

no matter how many times it is shown to her that even FRANCE, ENGLAND, RUSSIA and even the UN thought he had WMD she believes that only GW thought that!!
it just shows how her hate for the US leads her to try and destroy the USA in anyway she can!!!!
if you check out her sources you will find many time she deletes anything that SHE feels even closely will weaken her stance, which incidently is that of a cur dog slinking around trying to find a scrap of food for her deranged mind :mad:

Disagreeable said:
You guys can beat up 'raven all you want, but those wars were not fought at the whim of one person. Our war in Iraq is the result of the whim of George W. Bush. Iraq is Bush's war.
Question dis, do you think that by making stupid statements , you'll gain credibility?

Red Robin said:
Disagreeable said:
You guys can beat up 'raven all you want, but those wars were not fought at the whim of one person. Our war in Iraq is the result of the whim of George W. Bush. Iraq is Bush's war.
Question dis, do you think that by making stupid statements , you'll gain credibility?

of course she does!!!!!!
she was rejected as a child, her daddy traded her for 3 goats and then promptly shot all 3 goats. :eek: :eek: :eek:

No other president has been so callous as to create a war,

and which war is justified? the Mexican war....over them not sending an envoy to talk to US....the spanish war....because we wanted all the cuban cigars....(and we know where that went)...or the war of 1812 over a few sailors?....war is about what the President and congress decide is right....if you ignore History your point would be correct....but it's not, becuase Historically your wrong again.......

the source first,...www.historycentral.com

The ongoing revolution in Cuba against Spanish rule had long been a source of friction between the United States and Spain.

When the Mexicans refused to meet with a US envoy sent to negotiate a settlement of outstanding issues, President Polk ordered American forces to maneuver close to the Mexican border in disputed territory.

The United States declared War on Great Britain on June 12, 1812. The war was declared as a result of long simmering disputes with Great Britian. The central dispute surrounded the impressment of American soldiers by the British.

It is not a war it is an invasion based on "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION".that was the reason given to the world by Mr. Bush,would you that back him at least own up to that....Had the Iraq army just let them look and move along I am sure no killing was needed....Or even better yet,just fess up about the 40 year old mustard gas that could not be transfered..Why those dumb a$$ at the U.N. just did not tell Mr, Bush they saw no WDM's,he could of just stayed out.Its no one fault but that bastard bin ladin for not going to Iraq making the invasion a tougher sell.All said and done thousands were killed and today they added one more .Sadam is gone,I think we all are happy to see that..

Steve said:
No other president has been so callous as to create a war,

and which war is justified? the Mexican war....over them not sending an envoy to talk to US....the spanish war....because we wanted all the cuban cigars....(and we know where that went)...or the war of 1812 over a few sailors?....war is about what the President and congress decide is right....if you ignore History your point would be correct....but it's not, becuase Historically your wrong again.......

the source first,...www.historycentral.com

The ongoing revolution in Cuba against Spanish rule had long been a source of friction between the United States and Spain.

When the Mexicans refused to meet with a US envoy sent to negotiate a settlement of outstanding issues, President Polk ordered American forces to maneuver close to the Mexican border in disputed territory.

The United States declared War on Great Britain on June 12, 1812. The war was declared as a result of long simmering disputes with Great Britian. The central dispute surrounded the impressment of American soldiers by the British.

steve how about the war on drugs?.....lol....lol.

Nonothing:
Steve how about the war on drugs?.....lol....lol.

the reason is a noble one....but the enemy (like terrorists) has no central leadership, nor a government,...thus making the action difficult......

Notice that in the "war" on drugs, we took it to foreign soil to attack it at the source?

Latest posts