• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

U.S. vigilante group targets Canada

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver said:
There's lots of nation bashing to go around here by ankle biters north and south of the line. The reason I posted this thread to start with was because I was disgusted by the arrogance and ignorance of these minute men that want to patrol the 49th parallel. Thats ankle biting at it's finest.

I don't mean to pick a fight, but I think you are missing the point, or maybe I am. This is how I see it: is it true anyone can enter Canada without any problems, like, for instance, people from Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc, etc, and then cross into US of A and do all kinds of terrorist stuff?? Montana's border with Canada has been porous, because we are neighbors! What a great way for terrorists to come into our country! Terrorists have no bones with Canada, but they sure do with us. We have no bones to pick with Canadians, it is people using our "neighbor relationship" to enter into the U.S. That's how I see things, why would any Canadian want to sneak into the U.S. and live or do terrorist acts unless they came to blow up PAYS auction yards? Just a little funny to ease the tension. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

I think it's time we all smarten up. Because of geography, if nothing else, we have to be on the same side! Until we all realize that the terrorists and anybody else with evil intentions might have a better chance of entering either country...while we fight among ourselves and not with them!

Aside: I have a daughter in law born in Montana trying to immigrate into Canada for the past two years. I find it embarrassing the way the Canadian Immigration people are treating her, she certainly has no terrorist ties. If all new would be Canadians are screened as closely as she has been, I doubt many terrorists are sneaking in to go to the USA.

Hanta Yo said:
I don't mean to pick a fight, but I think you are missing the point, or maybe I am. This is how I see it: is it true anyone can enter Canada without any problems, like, for instance, people from Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc, etc, and then cross into US of A and do all kinds of terrorist stuff?? Montana's border with Canada has been porous, because we are neighbors! What a great way for terrorists to come into our country! Terrorists have no bones with Canada, but they sure do with us. We have no bones to pick with Canadians, it is people using our "neighbor relationship" to enter into the U.S. That's how I see things, why would any Canadian want to sneak into the U.S. and live or do terrorist acts unless they came to blow up PAYS auction yards? Just a little funny to ease the tension. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Hanta Yo, did you perhaps overlook Silver's post directly above yours?. I am assuming that you accidently failed to read it before you asked your question, or, gave your view, to state it more accurately. If you read it, then your post could be referred to as, " Thats ankle biting at it's finest."

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Hanta Yo said:

Hanta Yo, did you perhaps overlook Silver's post directly above yours?. I am assuming that you accidently failed to read it before you asked your question, or, gave your view, to state it more accurately. If you read it, then your post could be referred to as, " Thats ankle biting at it's finest."

I didn't read the one directly above, point made. I just wish the ankle biting, fighting, name calling would go away. When people down here start after you folks, I feel like defending you. That's just a female thing.

No problem, all is forgotten. I'm with you on the frequently acrimonious attitudes on here, or anywhere for that matter. I think we can all be guilty of forgetting what the other person is going thru at times.

Must be a human thing! :wink:

Silver said:
There's lots of nation bashing to go around here by ankle biters north and south of the line. The reason I posted this thread to start with was because I was disgusted by the arrogance and ignorance of these minute men that want to patrol the 49th parallel. Thats ankle biting at it's finest.

Silver, as you should know from the Bull Session segment, I'm not one of the Canada Bashers on this site.

However, I have heard of quite a number of Asian, specifically Chinese people illegally coming into the USA from Canada over the years. Do you have any information to either corroborate, or to deny that claim?

MRJ

mrj: However, I have heard of quite a number of Asian, specifically Chinese people illegally coming into the USA from Canada over the years. Do you have any information to either corroborate, or to deny that claim?

i am sure that happens just as illegals from central and south america have made their way through the usa to get into canada.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a tiny amount of illegals moving both ways across the torder. I'm sure it's not worth mentioning when compared with the Mexican issues.
I do know that the only terrorists found in the US to this point got in through legal channels. So as long as they can get in legally why would they do otherwise?

Now they want our border protection laws to be decided by the UN, World Court, WTO, or some other foreign group in Paris or Brussells- We just keep selling out our soveriegnty... :cry: :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mexico Says It Will Protest New U.S. Laws By TRACI CARL, Associated Press Writer
Thu May 12, 9:18 PM ET

MEXICO CITY - President Vicente Fox said Thursday his government will formally protest recent U.S. immigration reforms, including the decision to extend walls along the border and make it harder for illegal migrants to get driver's licenses.

Fox didn't give details of Mexico's plan, but officials in his administration have raised the possibility of taking their case to the United Nations or other international organizations.

"We think it is useless to pursue walls, barriers, the use of force and violence," he said.

Speaking to foreign reporters later Thursday, Interior Minister Santiago Creel said Mexican officials would meet with the U.S. government before deciding what kind of action to take.

The new U.S. provisions threaten to unravel recently patched relations between the United States and Mexico. They include requiring states to verify that people who apply for a driver's license are in the country legally. They also make it harder for migrants to gain amnesty, and easier to override environmental laws to build a barrier along the Mexican border in California.

U.S. lawmakers argued the bill was necessary to protect the United States from terrorists.

President Bush and Fox began their administrations as close friends, but soon parted ways over the U.S.-led initiative in Iraq and the United States' failure to take up a migration accord that would have let more migrants cross legally into the United States.

Relations improved after Bush introduced a scaled-back migration plan that would have allowed Mexicans with U.S. job offers to work temporarily in the United States. But the proposal has stalled.

Fox said Mexico would fight the new initiatives by presenting "a formal and firm complaint against the option that has nothing to do with the harmonious development of relations between the United States and Mexico."

Hi Northern Rancher, May I ask where your ancestors came from? Are you a Native Indian? Even they are in question sometimes when antropologists somewhere try to determine where THEY came from.
In this area, in about 1905, the government at the time wanted to "settle
the west". So the Homestead Act was passed and people came, from many countries, mostly by way of the USA. They came because they were looking for a better way of life, a better place to raise their families, and of course some of them came just to cash in on the "free" land the government was "giving away" in Canada. They were of many nationalities. Their were Norwegians, Italians, Hungarians etc. coming from S.D., Minnesota, and I suppose every other state. There were English and Scots and Welsh and Irish, families that had immigrated to Canada, many to Ontario first. Some of THEM had money to buy land, and of course oldtimers here still like to talk about how unfair THAT was. The homesteaders, enticed here by Canadian land agents, usually spent all they had gotten, if they had anything to sell in the US, to come here, found out how hard it was here, and did not have the money to leave if they wanted to. A local history book tells of women who did not see a town for 7 years after they arrived. It was too far. I guess the men must have gone for "a few groceries" a couple times a year, spending about 3 days with horses and wagons to get the job done! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT THESE PEOPLE'S HARDSHIPS HAVE NO MERIT IN SETTLING THIS GREAT COUNTRY! HAVE YOU NOT READ ANY CANADIAN HISTORY? Sure, there were some bad people, here for their own gain, and they didn't have the "try" to make a go of it in this harsh land at that time. Many of the less determined ones didn't manage to "prove up" their homesteads and left, to where I do not know! How would women of any nationality today manage to birth and raise large families of children with no doctors, no hospitals closer than 2 days by horseback, and the help of a self appointed midwife or two, also homesteaders wives!
If you are a native Indian, do you people think that you would still be chasing buffalo and living in tee-pees just like the days before white settlers. I doubt it, some country in Europe would have come and taken over, and you would probably be extinct.
I may be old, entering what has to be the last 1/3 of my life, and sometimes the protectionists on these forums from make me angry, BUT YOU MAKE ME FURIOUS!! YOU SOUND SO INCREDIBLY NAIVE AND ,YES, DUMB! I hope you have 25 children of your own and lots of grandchilren so you can fill communities with worthwhile people. Lots of children because right now, many of the maternity beds in southern Alberta are filled with the child wives of Mexican Mennonites who come here to have their babies ensured of Canadian citizenship, so they can get all the benefits Canada has to offer, even when they take that child back to their almost 3rd world existence in Mexico! Is that better than the people you are so critical of? I really can't understand your point of view at all, did someone of one of the nationalities you mention do something bad to you? Well, there are a few bad apples in every barrel, right? Maybe you should examine the skin on your own "apple", there may be a few rotten blemishes starting there...

"Whoa, Border Rancher, hold on for just a bloody minute," he said in his best Cockney accent. "Before we hang a man around this place, we need to prove he's guilty of some crime. Me'thinks the Northern Rancher may have been jesting in his above post."

What say, Northerner?

I'm with you MLA. I'm pretty sure NR was just joking. Border rancher, pull your claws back in and get ready to apologize.

I thought NR made an excellent post. Said alot without saying much. Thought provoking irony and subtlety all wrapped up in one neat little sentence.

Well first off I'm a CANADIAN but my grandparents are from Scotland-in fact our school district is named after our ancestral farm-my Dad was first whitebaby born up here and it is a fact in our neck of the woods the first white settlers would of starved without our native neighbors-not very tolerant of racism of any form on any body-there's deadbeats and losers of every size shape and colour and the reverse is true also.

Hi NR, thanks for the reply. I guess if that was a joke I and I bet many other people didn't quite get it. I lived for 40 years being very close to my Scottish mother in law. She was born in Rutherglen in 1904, came to Canada in 1920.She died a couple of years ago at 98 years of age. She, like most people her age came through the great depression, and had a hard time in parts of her life. I know from what she told me that we would have been better off if everyone in Canada could have come from Scotland. This is not meant as an insult to the Scottish people that came to Canada. Her attitude always kind of amused me though. We all came from "somewhere" and as you said there are good and bad all over the world, and guess what we didn't get to choose where we happened to be born.

Latest posts