• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Urine BSE Test Must work

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I guess my response to SH is that although hundreds of thousands of animals (cattle) have been tested in the USA, it now has come to light that the very test that was used is flawed. So tell me if your confidence level inthat test is still high when it is obviously incapable of providing an accurate survey of the tissue samples?? I do not trust any test that is flawed and unable to provide at least 100% accuracy each and every time. So "SH" if you still feel comfy and are able to justify your argument with the fact that the USDA has for how many years been using a test that has delivered false results, then I guess that all is lost with my argument. I find it deplorable that the USDA has been using outdated protocols for so long that when they actually find a home grown BSE positive animal, they cannot even get an accurate test result using their very own approved testing protocol. So sad. Ron.

Ron.......perhaps you can let us know the timelines for developement, testing and ultimate release of your test. We've seen live tests announced for first CWD and now BSE that in reality are only a patent of a theory or method that requires millions in R&D and are several years from release "if" they in fact have any basis as a diagnostic procedure!

Yup, the USDA researchers that are held "PUBLICLY ACCOUNTABLE" to U.S. consumers don't know a damn thing and ron's revolutionary urine test will prove what a bunch of incompetant dolts USDA really is.

It absolutely amazes me how many of you actually believe that.

If the testing methodology is outdated ron, where's the shaking, falling down cows?

Where's the dying people?

WHERE'S THE PROOF THAT BSE EXISTS IN OUR CATTLE UNDER 24 MONTHS OF AGE LET ALONE THEIR BEEF.

You have no proof.

It's all conjecture, theory, "might bes", and "we can never be too safes" just to sell your test.

I would love to hear you plead your case against USDA's researchers that are held accountable to the public.

OIE vs. ron's urine test. I'd pay to see that debate.

Let's set your screaming "CHA CHING" bias aside for one minute and assume your right about the USDA's "ANTIQUATED" tests and the percentage of 4 D's that are tested in Canada and the U.S.

Even if these antiquated tests were missing them, THESE ANIMALS WOULD BE SHOWING UP!

Let's look at the obvious, the EU had many cases and our testing methodology and BSE protocols came from them but let's not listen to a country that had folks dying from vCJD, let's listen to ron who has a new test to sell.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Anytime an old animal starts shaking or falling down, producer immediately think "MAD COW".

Where are those cows ron? Why isn't anyone finding them?

Why aren't people dying if the threat is there? The reason the feed ban was implemented in Europe was because people were dying and it was known what they were dying from.

WHERE'S THE PROOF IN THE UNITED STATES TO JUSTIFY YOUR TEST????

It doesn't exist!

You keep resorting to "statements" rather than "facts" which proves the weakness in you arguments.

~SH~

What do you mean "do not worry"? Hell I've got a lot of money invested in cattle, equipment, etc. Does anybody here realize what happened in the UK? And most of it was because of guvment coverups

sorry Mike, that should have read "Don't you worry? A rhetorical quetion, I know!

Ron, I do support BSE research and you darn sure deserve to be heard but I reserve the right to be skeptical of yet another "fast buck artist".

Considering the fact that USDA is held publicly accountable, you had to know that proving to the U.S. consumer and U.S. producer that your urine test is justified and their testing methodology is antiquated was going to be a monumental task to say the least.

You should have your day in court but be prepared to provide more than statements to back your position or you will get your head handed to you.

I'm not a BSE scientist and I am not going to pretend to know everything there is to know about prions. I'm listening.

At the same time, I won't ignore the obvious fact that USDA and OIE has a lot more to lose by being wrong than you do. You're not held publicly accountable.

That's as much as you will ever get from me. I haven't dismissed you, but my skepticism is off the charts.

Reader: "You're trying to sell beef and therefore dismiss the need for food safety since it threatens your business."

What an absolutely absurd statement!

That statement says more about your depth of understanding than anything I could ever say.

WHAT THE HECK COULD THREATEN MY BUSINESS MORE THAN IF USDA'S BSE PROCEDURES WERE WRONG?????

Use your head!

I'm going to assume you just had a lapse of judgement with that and forget you said it.

Must have just watched Erin Brokovich huh?

~SH~

Have you shared with us BSE tester, whether your pee test will identify a BSE positive in an animal under twenty months?

If the PrPc is in the animal, the "Pee Test" will identify it. If PrPsc is in the animal, the "Pee Test" will show it Kaiser.! The test works on all animals and humans that pass urine - period. The test does not give a hoot about the age of that animal or human - period.

Cowsense: The "test" has been proven at the USA National Prion Surveillance Center in Cleveland. We are currently chatting with the CFIA with a view toward getting them involved in the validation. We have already chatted with the EFSA in Brussels and they have sent us the procedure with which we must follow in order to replicate their protocol for testing and validation. The reason they sent it to us is due to their not calling for any more submissions of "Live animal tests" on the foreseeable future. We are hoping to engage a number of agencies to do simultaneous validations - agencies such as the CFIA, USDA and some independent labs around the world. We will be most interested in a few large pharmaceutical corporations doing it also with a possible licensing agreement as a bonus after we show it works. We are ready to validate and "The USA National Prion Surveillance Center" in Cleveland is going to be one of those labs that is going to validate it, not only for BSE, but for CJD and CWD also. And yes, we are seeking funding to conduct the validations. If we follow the protocol sent to us by Dr. Koen Van Dyke of the EFSA, we stand a good chance of being able to make a formal presentation to the OIC inParis and to the EFSA for recognition or at the very least, to pursuade them to conduct formal trials. That is our goal quite frankly, to become the Gold Standard in the Risk Management field for BSE and animal health and in the human medicine/health side of the coin, to be able to provide an early detection of CJD/vCJD/nvCJD in humans in order to provide for the necessary treatment program to combat the disease caught early enough to facilitate a quality of life program. I hope this answers a lot of the questions. Ron.

We have already spent a small fortune on this test and a number of years in the lab proving it and bringing it to where it is today. We are imminently seeking validation and assistance to get that underway. I will not lie to you and say that we hope to have a neat little package by Christmas, because these things take time. But we are NOW ready to go into the validation stage and get this test in front of the authorities. First, we want to engage a number of arms-length agencies, groups, labs to assist us in the validation within their own facilities which will provide for the "independent" requirement of conducting the validation. We simply cannot do this ourselves and then shout the we have the Holy Grail of BSE testing. It has be shown that it works in a gathering of independent labs to have the real proof shown. I hope this answers your question. Ron.

Porker: "Technology Has passed YOU by, SH.You can still learn even the hard way."

Another statement from the comfort zone!

Nobody has justified the need for the test.

~SH~

HA HA HA HA Ha Ha Ha SH!!! The test works on all animals and humans that pass urine - period. The test does not give a hoot about the age of that animal or human - period.

Latest posts