• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

US Voluntary ID system (pilot program)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
Arizona Set To Roll Out Voluntary Animal ID Program
Arizona will soon join the list of states with voluntary animal ID programs. The Yuma Sun reports state ag officials say the Tri-National Livestock Health and Identification Consortium will roll out in Arizona in two weeks.

The initiative was created by the USDA and is a pilot program involving Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, two Mexico states and three Indian tribes in the Grand Canyon state, says Katie Decker, Arizona Department of Ag spokeswoman.

The Colorado Department of Agriculture is spearheading the program, and Arizona agriculture officials within the next two weeks will sign a participation agreement, she said. The objective is to get at least 20% of Arizona food animal producers to have a premise ID by the end of 2005.

I just read this in the Cow Calf weekly and Nebrusker if you are out there how long do you think it will take to impliment US manitory ID system if Arizona, as one of the pilot programs, hopes to have at least 20% of producer with premise ID by the end of 2005?

I like the system we have in canada as of today and we are only building on it. When the CCIA tags first came in everyone was complaining, buti ts a damn good thing we have them, makes tracing an animal simple. And now with the RFID tags its even better. But has anyone noticed the tag suppliers are all stocking blank tags again so we can have a RFID tag in one ear and an number on the blank tag for our own identification purpose.

I never noticed that they didn't have them. Anytime I was at Peavey, COOP or the Vet clinic they always seem to have a good supply. We put in a tag in the registered herd with all the information on it that we needed. I'm not exactly sure what would have happen in Canada these last couple of years if we hadn't had our ID system. Sure glad we stepped up to the plate and got it done before it happened. Everytime we improve our cattle industry in trace back, feed bans, SRM removal, what ever we decide to do, only shows our consumers that we care about their safety. I think they showed their appreciation to our industry when their confidence and consumption grew after BSE was found.

shows our consumers that we care about their safety. I think they showed their appreciation to our industry when their confidence and consumption grew after BSE was found.

Tam the american consumer are the people you need to be thanking they are the ones keeping your big but fed..................good luck,HAY MAKER

Where did I say anything about domestic or otherwise. I think of our consumers as anyone that buys Canadian beef be it a Canadian or American or Mexican As long as they are buying our beef they are our consumers. And I really thing you should stop referring to my butt size as you have no idea how big or small I really am!!! :p

Tam said:
Where did I say anything about domestic or otherwise. I think of our consumers as anyone that buys Canadian beef be it a Canadian or American or Mexican As long as they are buying our beef they are our consumers. And I really thing you should stop referring to my butt size as you have no idea how big or small I really am!!! :p

well IM glad to see you are finally realizing the american consumer is where your market is,you might remember that next time you start bad mouthing the hand that feeds your big but..ooppppss sorry,good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Tam said:

well IM glad to see you are finally realizing the american consumer is where your market is,you might remember that next time you start bad mouthing the hand that feeds your big but..ooppppss sorry,good luck

Now you are saying that Canada's whole market is Americans what about the Canadians and the Mexicans Haymaker and the other countries that are taking our beef, are we to forget them. :pretty:

Latest posts