• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

USA- RAISED BEEF

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I just got my Not Just any Beef- USA RAISED BEEF- Ask For It gate sign hung and bumper stickers on...They are really nice looking, the right colors (Red, White, and Blue) and have received some positive comments- especially the gate sign...Had a couple interested persons who weren't aware of the campaign asking about how to get them...

If anyone from OCM or CCMP is reading this- they need to put something on their website where they could order off from- or maybe I missed it....

I may have to purchase one of the banners so the next time my banker has a barbecue he will have a US Beef banner to put up- for a good R-CALF man he sure caught hell that day with no sign :wink: :lol: ......

Oldtimer were they asking about ''beef'' or just a bumper sticker? Maybe we should start a campaign to find a nieghbor or friend who wants a good beef instead of a sign or bumpersticker. That would impress even my banker 8)

mwj said:
Oldtimer were they asking about ''beef'' or just a bumper sticker? Maybe we should start a campaign to find a nieghbor or friend who wants a good beef instead of a sign or bumpersticker. That would impress even my banker 8)

These were just good cattle producer neighbors who believe not enough is being done to identify and promote US beef.....Same as I do......

Maybe they should make a point of converting a friend or nieghbor to go!od us beef on a firsthand basis. That will produce results plus money in there pocket instead of someone selling signs and bumper stickers

Oldtimer said:
mwj said:

These were just good cattle producer neighbors who believe not enough is being done to identify and promote US beef.....Same as I do......
But I thought you didn't want it identified as product of the USA. I thought you just wanted to ID everything that wasn't.

Give 'em a piece of tougher southern eared beef and see if they still want it labeled as product of the USA.

No doubt people who are already putting their name or private label on their USA produced been will appreciate you doing that advertising for them.

MRJ

Oldtimer said:
I just got my Not Just any Beef- USA RAISED BEEF- Ask For It gate sign hung and bumper stickers on...They are really nice looking, the right colors (Red, White, and Blue) and have received some positive comments- especially the gate sign...Had a couple interested persons who weren't aware of the campaign asking about how to get them...

If anyone from OCM or CCMP is reading this- they need to put something on their website where they could order off from- or maybe I missed it....

I may have to purchase one of the banners so the next time my banker has a barbecue he will have a US Beef banner to put up- for a good R-CALF man he sure caught hell that day with no sign :wink: :lol: ......

Why don't you get a sign that says"Not Just any Beef-MONTANA RAISED BEEF-Ask For It
That would make a lot more sense. Because if you raise the demand for all US beef it wont help the Montana beef much. HAHAHA

OT, I ordered some bumper stickers and window stickers from CCMP for $2 each. I recommend the bumper stickers over the window stickers. The window stickers wouldn't show up very good in some of these modern vehicles with the deeply tinted windows.

MRJ said:
No doubt people who are already putting their name or private label on their USA produced been will appreciate you doing that advertising for them.

MRJ

I am sure they will MRJ, that is what the purpose of the stickers are for to advertise USA beef. Or did I read you wrong, were you being snide again?

rancher said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

I am sure they will MRJ, that is what the purpose of the stickers are for to advertise USA beef. Or did I read you wrong, were you being snide again?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. However, I will say that using generic type "USA Beef" labels without having ANY standards for the quality of that beef before the label can be on it is guaranteed to result in consumers getting some very poor quality beef.

I see consumers getting more and more angry over being told things about food that are not necessarily true. If they are led to believe that ALL beef produced in the USA if of top quality and ALL imported beef is not.....who do you think they are going to be mad at when they buy beef labeled with Country of Origin: USA that doesn't match the top quality they BELIEVE that label indicates?

We either have to educate the consumer on how to choose quality, admit to them that not ALL beef produced in the USA is of the highest quality, nor is ALL imported beef of low quality, or they are going to be disappointed at times.

Why wouldn't it be better to encourage more privately labeled, high quality US beef products be marketed, and to focus more on accuracy and honesty in the different levels of quality?

Consumers who understand that they can get very tasty and nutritious beef at low prices by choosing the lower quality, but still wholesome, tasty, and nutritious USA produced beef as they will get from higher price/quality beef. AND if that consumer is taught how to properly cook and use that lower quality lbeef, they will be happy customers.

Many of the consumers wanting or needing low cost beef may be better served by choosing new Heat and Eat beef prepared from the tougher cuts if they don't have the longer time and kitchen equipment needed for preparing those tougher cuts.

Much has been done with Checkoff money to achieve the last scenarios, BTW. There simply isn't enough money to do all that needs to be done to reach all or even a majority of consumers needing this information with checkoff dollars alone. That is one reason for partnering with business to stretch those dollars and get the message to more consumers.

MRJ

I say go fer it Oldtimer. I can't wait until the day that I have some Canadian Celtic branded beef on the plate at a restaurant in yer home town. Some place that your banker eats.

Identifying your beef is a great thing Oldtimer, trying to put someone else's beef down with BS and hiding behind BSeconomics is another. :wink:

Way to go Randy...... you sure told OT!!! It would really be nice to go to a restaurant in Montana and order a Celtic Beef Steak!! OT would be hooked on that tasty Canadian raised beef then! :eek:

Oldtimer said:

Say OT did you go help Cebull put his sign up too beside his R-calf sign?

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

Say OT did you go help Cebull put his sign up too beside his R-calf sign?

Perhaps, M R, you would like to see this one from Bill:

"Canadian Beef....A cut above the rest!"

Latest posts