• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

value of aged equipment

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
buddy and I are trying to sell this rig. old but still in good shape. asking $23,000 for the pair, will split if we need to ( his truck/ my trailer) but curious as to if we are too high on price?? any input is appreciated.

I doubt you are too high, definitely not if harvest is upon us. The only variable is the tires, tarp on the trailer and the truck..tires, engine, air ride. A trailer at harvest time gets pretty valuable.

If your sure the engine (and the tires) have some good life left in them then I wouldn't think you were too high.

need more info. Those old cabovers don't bring alot of money. Good farm trucks but just aren't worth alot. Trailers can bring a very high price. This year you could order a new timpte ag hopper trailer for less than they were selling used ones for, but you couldn't get the new one till after harvest.

84 Freightliner cummins engine 13 speed good tires

82 timpte spring ride, new brakes , good tarp,

a lot of guys looking, but no one biting. I thought we had it priced very reasonable.

if someone is looking for a semi just to use around the ranch, i think those older cabovers are a pretty good option....pretty cheap horsepower.

without knowing much about your truck, i would say its probably worth somewhere between $4000-$6000.....thats just a guess

around here(north dakota)-that package deal would be $13,000-4 for the truck and 9 for the trailer

I have some used trucks that I need to bring to ND. That is a 3500-7500$ truck here. But it would have to be in perfect condition to get 7500.

truck would be around 5,000 here- we lease a trailer for fall harvest, 3 months for 3,000. That's a new timpte, right or wrong i don't know.

Just bought a very good 1999 40' Wilson new tarp good tires, brakes etc. for $10,500 from the dealer in Indianapolis. Those old cabovers are bringing about $3,000.00 around here. Neighbor just sold a conventional 1985 Kenworth with a good Cummins at the fall auction and it only brought $1,900.00 - - - -I felt it was a bargain if you needed it.

The thing to remember is that parts and labor to get semis and trailers worked on is really expensive. It's pretty easy to have some big bucks tied up in some really old units.

one thing about those cabovers is that if you ever get in a head-on collision with one, you are dam sure going to be the first one at the scene :wink:

Justin said:
what would they be priced at if you had to split them ?
I asked 17 for the trailer, would settle on 15...figured I would add in a bit of jew room

Has the trailer ever hauled rock? Good used grain trailers are really holding their value. I would say thats a good price on the trailer.

no rock. I let my neighbor bring in my rock....... they think that back haul is so important, let them do it...I will bounce home!

Latest posts