• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vamos a Cuba!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Her toady from northeast Montana is blathering on about how wonderful opening up relations with Cuba will be over at 5barX.

I hope that the criminals in Cuba will soon find it easy to come to the States to practice their profession. God knows we need more crime in this country. :roll:

I see it as a great opportunity for agriculture.

And I've always wanted to go to Cuba anyway

loomixguy said:
You just like to go to places where your shoes cost more than most people's homes.

Now why say something like that? :roll: :roll:

Are you 4?

You are a sad and angry little man

The Vietnam outcome is what the Castros are counting on: a flood of U.S. tourists and business investment that will allow the regime to maintain its totalitarian system indefinitely. Mr. Obama may claim that he has dismantled a 50-year-old failed policy; what he has really done is give a 50-year-old failed regime a new lease on life.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-obama-administration-extends-the-castro-regime-in-cuba-a-bailout-it-doesnt-deserve/2014/12/17/a25a15d4-860c-11e4-9534-f79a23c40e6c_story.html?hpid=z3

kolanuraven said:
loomixguy said:
You just like to go to places where your shoes cost more than most people's homes.

Now why say something like that? :roll: :roll:

Are you 4?

You are a sad and angry little man

You've just described your pal OT, not me.

Why would anybody want to visit a third world country? I can think of lots of places right here that can offer sun, sand, palm trees, and the beach. You can gamble just about anyplace in the US. Spanish is spoken all over this country anymore as well.

My crystal ball tells me that once "tourism" begins, Americans will be kidnapped at some point and held for ransom; and, in spite of that, sex tourism will flourish, just like it does in Viet Nam, RP, Thailand, etc.

If you're thinking that travel to Cuba will be romantic, you find those books at the drugstore in those racks that spin. No brag, just fact.

The only real positive will be the reunification of some families, but after almost 60 years, what will they really have in common?

That looks like yet another of Obama's efforts to damage us and prop up demagogues around the world.

What will those poor, beaten down people use for money to buy our goods and services...........unless our government gives them 'aid' money first????

And yes, doubtless the 'sex trade' will flourish and some foolish or exploited people will be degraded and even murdered if they try to get out of it.

mrj

I actually think this will be a good move on Obama's part...

Cuba like the old soviet citizens want and crave the stuff we have.. .and once they get informed about what is really going on in the world .. they will want freedom as well..

on the downside.. team Obungler is a @1$$ poor negotiator and didn't get much for our side of the deal...

How many Cubans will want to "immigrate" to the US? The border with Mexico is working out real well for us in that regard. How many Cubans will we end up supporting with welfare benefits? Oh, right....they can/will vote Democrat....so it's all good.

I feel like this country is Sal Vitro, Tony Soprano's yard guy. Seems like one of Tony's guys did a solid once for Sal, and in appreciation, about 90% of Sal's yards were owned by wiseguys, and Sal got to do them "on the comp". Poor SOB was always broke & depressed.

loomixguy said:
How many Cubans will want to "immigrate" to the US? The border with Mexico is working out real well for us in that regard. How many Cubans will we end up supporting with welfare benefits? Oh, right....they can/will vote Democrat....so it's all good.

I feel like this country is Sal Vitro, Tony Soprano's yard guy. Seems like one of Tony's guys did a solid once for Sal, and in appreciation, about 90% of Sal's yards were owned by wiseguys, and Sal got to do them "on the comp". Poor SOB was always broke & depressed.

What????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

WOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH right over your head kolo,,,, but most things are :roll: :roll: :roll:

Steve said:
I actually think this will be a good move on Obama's part...

Cuba like the old soviet citizens want and crave the stuff we have.. .and once they get informed about what is really going on in the world .. they will want freedom as well..

on the downside.. team Obungler is a @1$$ poor negotiator and didn't get much for our side of the deal...

My understanding is negotiations are forthcoming with the Congress being involved, they may take years.

Why now? Fidel and Raul are at hell's gate. I get the political affinity the great negotiator might find with some of the worlds greatest communists, but why not wait for the collapse from within.

I really liked (not really) Obama trying to quote Einstein saying doing the same thing for 50 years and expecting different results. Uh...dipshit in chief, I think Fidel and Raul are almost expired, this is what we call the payoff pitch. In the next couple years, those filthy rotten despots could be weak enough to overthrow or just plain die.

You know how the soldiers stabilized Iraq, so Obama had to draw down too quickly to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? This is another episode, but I really think it looks like Obama wants to prevent the demise of another communist state.

I think a lot of people forget that Cuba already has a flourishing tourism industry. Its a safe place to be, full of friendly people. I hope to go back for a visit again soon.

Safe for whom? No Cuba isn't safe. Sure, Fidel will accept the unprincipled currency from those that would exploit the embargo and turn their back on some of the worst human rights atrocities in the hemisphere. Try reading "the road to surfdom" in public, and get back to me in 15 years after your education.

Brad S said:
Safe for whom? No Cuba isn't safe. Sure, Fidel will accept the unprincipled currency from those that would exploit the embargo and turn their back on some of the worst human rights atrocities in the hemisphere. Try reading "the road to surfdom" in public, and get back to me in 15 years after your education.

Oh, you've been there have you. :roll: I wonder, how does their incarceration rate compare to yours?
Fact of the matter is that 50+ years of your embargo has accomplished nothing. There are many countries you have no embargo with that have equally poor or worse human rights records than does Cuba. Oh wait, they have stuff you want so its okay right?

Silver said:
Brad S said:

Oh, you've been there have you. :roll: I wonder, how does their incarceration rate compare to yours?
Fact of the matter is that 50+ years of your embargo has accomplished nothing. There are many countries you have no embargo with that have equally poor or worse human rights records than does Cuba. Oh wait, they have stuff you want so its okay right?

nobody ever claimed the US had any sort of consistency in their foreign policy. :lol: :wink:

Latest posts