• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather Faster Horses

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BILLINGS MT
329 PM MST TUE MAR 15 2005

...WINTER STORM SYSTEM TO IMPACT THE REGION WEDNESDAY NIGHT
THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT...

.A DEVELOPING UPPER LEVEL STORM OVER BRITISH COLUMBIA IS EXPECTED
TO MOVE INTO MONTANA LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT. AHEAD OF THIS SYSTEM
WESTERLY FLOW ALOFT WILL INCREASE WHICH WILL PUSH A WARM FRONT
INTO CENTRAL MONTANA. WHILE THIS WILL ALLOW A WARMUP OVER THE
PLAINS ON WEDNESDAY...IT WILL BRING A PERIOD OF INCREASE SNOWFALL
TO THE MOUNTAINS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA...ESPECIALLY THE SOUTHERN
AND WESTERN FACING ASPECTS OF THE BEARTOOTH AND ABSAROKA RANGES. ON
THURSDAY THE STORM WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL PLAINS OF
MONTANA...BRINGING SNOW TO THE LOWER ELEVATIONS. THIS SNOW IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY NIGHT...WITH GREATEST
ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED FOR SOUTHEAST MONTANA.

MTZ029>033-036-037-058-160430-
/X.NEW.KBYZ.WS.A.0001.050317T0600Z-050318T1200Z/
MUSSELSHELL-TREASURE-NORTHERN ROSEBUD-CUSTER-FALLON-POWDER RIVER-
CARTER-SOUTHERN ROSEBUD-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROUNDUP...HYSHAM...COLSTRIP...FORSYTH...
MILES CITY...BAKER...BROADUS...EKALAKA...LAME DEER
329 PM MST TUE MAR 15 2005

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING TO LATE
THURSDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BILLINGS HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING TO LATE
THURSDAY NIGHT. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AFTER MIDNIGHT ON
WEDNESDAY AND INCREASE ON THURSDAY AND CONTINUE THURSDAY NIGHT.
WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE LATE ON THURSDAY AND THURSDAY
NIGHT. ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY THURSDAY
AFTERNOON WITH ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS THURSDAY NIGHT.

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS
POSSIBLE BUT NOT IMMINENT. AT THIS TIME THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR
SIGNIFICANT SNOW AND OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS. FUTURE DRIVING AND
WALKING CONDITIONS MAY BECOME HAZARDOUS SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO
MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

"A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS POSSIBLE BUT NOT IMMINENT"

Sounds like you still have a chance to miss it rancher, it's NOT IMMINENT!
Try leaving all your truck and tractor windows down, and leave some other stuff laying out that you don't want to get wet.

Rancher, If you need rain, you might try leaving your baseball glove laying out in the yard. It usually works for me!! :lol:

rancher said:
Mike, I burnt my overshoes, do you think that will help?

Only if there is NO WAY to get another pair. AND.................................. your everyday boots MUST have a bad leak.

They don't sell overshoes in my area any more, no demand, so would have to have Old Timer send me a pair.

rancher after all those years of your mother wanting better report cards, I see in the Drought Report you are EXCEPTIONAL. Guess you can't be good at everything.

Waring, TX
Enter Your "City, ST" or zip code
NWS Austin/San Antonio, TX
Point forecast for 29.95N -98.76W New! Cell Phone Weather Page (wap) URL: www.srh.noaa.gov/wml
Last Update: 4:00 pm CST March 15, 2005

Tonight

Showers
Likely
Lo 40°F Wednesday

Showers
Likely
Hi 51°F Wednesday
Night

Slight Chc
Rain
Lo 31°F Thursday

Mostly
Sunny
Hi 69°F Thursday
Night

Mostly
Clear
Lo 44°F Friday

Partly
Cloudy
Hi 75°F Friday
Night

Partly
Cloudy
Lo 49°F Saturday

Mostly
Cloudy
Hi 70°F Saturday
Night

Chance
Tstms
Lo 54°F

Hazardous weather condition(s):

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Short Term Forecast
Special Weather Statement

Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low near 40. North northeast wind between 15 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Wednesday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high around 51. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Wednesday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 69. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 75. West southwest wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 49. South southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. South southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. South southwest wind around 15 mph becoming west northwest.

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 72.

Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.

Monday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 74.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 52.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 73.

Kerrville
Last Update on Mar 15, 6:45 pm CST

Mostly Cloudy

54°F
(12°C) Humidity: 58 %
Wind Speed: E 5 MPH
Barometer: 29.87"
Dewpoint: 39°F (4°C)
Wind Chill: 53°F (12°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.
More Local Wx: 2 Day History:

Zone Area Forecast for Kendall County, TX
Printable Forecast Text Only Forecast
Text Forecast (°C) About Point Forecasts
Hourly Weather Graph Tabular Forecast
Forecast Discussion Local Forecasts
Current Weather Severe Weather Messages
Severe Weather Local Climatology
Satellite Imagery Weather Events
Hydrology NOAA Weather Radio
Marine/Tropical Weather Aviation Weather
NWS Austin/San Antonio Home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Weather Service:
Austin/San Antonio, TX www.srh.noaa.gov
Privacy Policy
Disclaimer
Locations within 5 miles of this point include...Waring TX

We sure got our share of snow through the night. We got around 9 inches of fresh white snow and north of here they got over a foot in a matter of a few hours. Went out a 1:30 this morning and it wasnt snowing and when I went back out at 3:30am to check on the cows it was snowing so heavy couldnt see 10 ft in front of the truck. By 7 this morning it was over and dropped a pile of fresh fluffy wet snow. Took a lot of people by surprise! Its moisture! :wink:

Holy s**t, you guys are sure getting a pile of snow! Are you going to dry out enough to get into the fields this spring?

Shelly,

We ve got close to three feet of snow on the level. It is damn hard to get out in the field to feed the group of spring calving cows. Gives the MFD a workout! It is sure going to take a long time to get out on the field. Sure hope it gets better as I have 1000 acres to put in this spring.
How are things out your way?

rancher is right. The overboots in this country all rotted in the stores on the shelves!

We will sure take the snow, hope we get it. So many times when they predict it, it misses. The good ones for moisture, we never know about until they hit. Least ways it seems that way to me.

Someone said the other day, we need a good calf-killing spring storm. Don't know as I would go that far, but moisture would be welcome.

Thanks for the report, rancher. And good luck to you~hope you get something as well.

Wind has been blowing out of the east 20-30mph all night-- Now the snow is coming down heavy- started about 5:30AM.... Predicting two days of snowing and blowing and 4-8 inches of snow.... I guess winter is back...

I posted this once, and it didn't go through. Now I am posting again and that means I will be late for work by 15 minutes and will probably get fired. Looks like they took away most of the snow for me, what else is new? :shock:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Shelly,

We ve got close to three feet of snow on the level. It is damn hard to get out in the field to feed the group of spring calving cows. Gives the MFD a workout! It is sure going to take a long time to get out on the field. Sure hope it gets better as I have 1000 acres to put in this spring.
How are things out your way?

It's like freaking January here again. Lots of wind and cold! Snow has melted down some, but still have a long ways to go yet. I sure wish spring would get here! :(

Latest posts