• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather to the North West

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Just heard from some good friends of ours up in Sioux Co. She works at the hospital in Scottsbluff and said when she went in to work, the drifts were up to her knees. When she came home (early because they were closing highways) the drifts were up to her waist! :shock:

We got about 2" :roll:

-35 this morning with a wind chill factor of -45,It WAS cold! And the wierd thing not a drop of snow anywhere!

Its -34 here right now and the wind is blowing pretty good. I wouldnt be surprised by morning if it was -40 without a windchill. With the windchill it could be -50 or higher

its five below with about a thirty mph north wind cut the heaviest heifers out and put in barn with lots of straw. Sure wish you guys a litlle farther north would shut off your fans i'm ready for a little springtime

A few points about degrees ( Fahrenheit)
At 60 Californians put on sweaters
50 Miami residents turn on the heat
40 You can see your breath , Californians shiver uncontrollaby
35 Italian cars don't start
32 Water freezes
25 Ohio water freezes, Californians weep pitiably, Minnesotans eat
ice cream
15 French cars don't start
0 Alaskans put on T-shirts
-15 German cars don't start, Arkansans stick tongue on metal objects
-25 Too cold to think
-30 Swedish cars don't start
-40 Californians disappear, Minnesotans button top button, Canadians
put on a sweater
-50 Congressional hot air freezes, Alaskans close the bathroom
window
-80 Hell freezes over, Polar bears move South
-90 Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets :wink:

its -38 here now. Just went out and started the truck, that ole Ford 6.0 liter diesel was slow to fire up but it started. Every light in the dash came on, all this electrical stuff doesnt know how to work properly in this deep freeze weather. Sure hope nobody has to walk any where in this area tonite. Wouldnt take long for frost bite to set in.

Those of us in the good ole US of A need to remember, Canada is on Celsius, we are on Farenheit. I remember figuring out -26 C is about the same as -15 F.

Tonight we are supposed to get -15 F, with 40 mph winds, the wind chill factor will be -50 F windchill or -45.5 C. It seems the colder F is the closer it gets to C. I guess that's why any temp (IMHO) colder than -15 feels the same... COLD!!!

Hanta Yo said:
Those of us in the good ole US of A need to remember, Canada is on Celsius, we are on Farenheit. I remember figuring out -26 C is about the same as -15 F.

Tonight we are supposed to get -15 F, with 40 mph winds, the wind chill factor will be -50 F windchill or -45.5 C. It seems the colder F is the closer it gets to C. I guess that's why any temp (IMHO) colder than -15 feels the same... COLD!!!

Our thermometer here says -9 farenheit...and that is NOT with the howling wind calculated in!!! Mighty cold trip home from 3Forks....getting a nice dusting of snow in the hills to boot!!! Better bundle up, all!! She's gonna get nasty!!! Hubby figures the "breeze" is a gentle 30mph!! :shock:

Came in from checking the cows and it is -40 outside with a stiff wind!! Its going to be a long nite with cows calving.

Its so cold even my computer froze up!!!!!! :lol: :wink: :shock: :lol:

Yup, BBRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm just glad I don't live up there, but I sure enjoyed reading Richmond P Hobson, Jr books, they gave me courage, strength, and an appreciation for what I have now.

I love what we have, what we do, what we have to do to get it done.

Hanta Yo

Shelly said:
-30 C, with wind -53 C. I can't find enough clothes to wear!!!

that is when you raid the hubby's side of the closet!!! :wink: temp here is -18 farenheit and the wind chill is about -50!!! Sure hope the vehicles start so that the munchkins can get to school and we can get to basketball tournaments later!! :shock:

School's out for the kids this week, midterm break. I bet there's a pile of bus drivers breathing easier knowing they don't have to deal with these conditions.

Most schools in this area are closed due to the weather. This morning @ 6 our thermometer was as low as it could go. -45 and the windchill was on top of it. Calculated the wind into the temp and it was -60. Way too cold. Face starts to go numb after a few feet outside. But no matter if your an American rancher or a Canadian rancher were a tough breed and we can handle no matter what weather old mother nature throws at us. Anyone in the cold area stay warm & safe

ranchwife said:
Shelly said:
-30 C, with wind -53 C. I can't find enough clothes to wear!!!

that is when you raid the hubby's side of the closet!!! :wink: temp here is -18 farenheit and the wind chill is about -50!!! Sure hope the vehicles start so that the munchkins can get to school and we can get to basketball tournaments later!! :shock:

Hell will have to have frozen over before they ever postpone or cancel a basketball tournament :wink: One of my pet peeves- but I'll save it for a warmer day...

-18 here - sunny, but the wind has gone down a little- windchill is only -40...

-32 here this morning but it is totally calm and sunny. Sure am glad we don't have babies coming in this

sw said:
-32 here this morning but it is totally calm and sunny. Sure am glad we don't have babies coming in this

We are due to start anytime now....hubby and the new hand got "the heavies" moved to the corrals 2 days ago because we knew that THIS was coming.....brrrrrrrr :shock:

Latest posts