• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
It is very dry and dusty here. I checked the weather and we have a 60% chance of rain Tuesday night and predicted to be in the 20's. That will be our first hard freeze.

That's right, it hasn't froze here yet.

I have some pictures of dry pasture conditions if I can figure out how to get them from my camera to my computer. My professional help left so I'm on my own. Get the book and read--you know, if all else fails, follow the instructions!

Well faster if i could I'd send you rain. After last night theres an awfully high chance we will NOT get this years crops off :( :( :( :cry:

faster horses I want you to send that cold wet stuff to TX after you are thru with it........................good luck ps I'm not sure I can help with your camera/pc problem but I will try,or better yet maybe jersey Lilly will read this and offer some help.

Greg I think the farmers are in pretty tough here too-shower again last night and a cold driving rain today-the poor buggers Friday till about 4'00 was dry and windy I'm sure some might of been into dry grain today on the fields the could get into but not for a week or so now. The sad part is the damn hoppers still going strong.

Best advice I can give on downloadin the pictures from camera to computer is .....get the instruction book out and do it step by step. Not knowin what kinda camera you have and what software it uses makes it almost impossible to help someone online. I would if I could, but unless she has a PS3100 Fuji, I can't.

And speakin of dry, oh man we made a trip to college station this afternoon, I thought it was bad here, least we still have some green grass, even tho it is kinda short, them poor folks over that way musta not seen rain at all this summer. I do bleave they've taught their cattle how to eat dirt. pastures were brown as all git out and grazed all the way to the dirt, just lil fuz stickin up. Sad.

Faster horses said:
It is very dry and dusty here. I checked the weather and we have a 60% chance of rain Tuesday night and predicted to be in the 20's. That will be our first hard freeze.

That's right, it hasn't froze here yet.

I have some pictures of dry pasture conditions if I can figure out how to get them from my camera to my computer. My professional help left so I'm on my own. Get the book and read--you know, if all else fails, follow the instructions!

FH,
I'm assuming when you got your camera, you put the camera software that came with your camera onto the computer. You should have a USB cable that came with your camera, plug one end of it to your camera, the other end of it to the USB port on your computer. When that is done, turn on your computer, let windows do its thing, then turn on your camera, but be sure your camera is turned to "PC" . Usually the program on your computer will acknowledge your camera, sometimes it will unload the camera all by itself, we have 2 different cameras with 2 different programs and they are pretty easy to unload. Give that a try. Be sure you know how to put your camera in "PC" mode before you start (that's where the directions come in handy) and above all else be sure your batteries are totally charged because if they aren't, you may lose everything. (Ask sw, been there, done that). Hope this helps!

To drown my sorrows went to a Paint horse sale today.Thought of soapweed,ranch sellin was called twin arrows the brand was two arrows,although pointin the wrong way,guess you'd just haveta redirect them :shock: :) :wink:

Anybody have a preference to black and white paints check this site........www.twinarrowsranch.com.. they had some nice,well bred paints.

How did Harry's sale go greg-used to bug his boys about not riding paints when they roped lol. Spent the day in the rink had to evaluate 140 kids in 4 divisions-longggg day. It is snowing here right now going to be a mess in the A'M.

Faster horses said:
Hanta Yo, thanks for the advice. Tomorrow I will get it out and proceed...

Good Luck, and I positively KNOW you can DO IT!! My expectation is that you will get the job done...without your "professional help", and you will do it better. :D :D :D :D Get going, girl!!!! :D :D :D 8)

P.S. You will find this picture thing is FUN once you get the hang of it, and guess what??? It doesn't take a genius to get the hang of it! I got it figured out, didn't I?? :wink: :!:

N.R... he didn't do too bad, guess maybe they coulda been a bit higher but ran into my brother comin from a sale By Red Deer and papered colts sold for $50 so guess Harry couldn't complain.The sale was alot of fun though,lots of people,I prefer sorrels and palamino paints myself but there were some purdy blacks there

I even have a couple 'pintos' myself-I'm thinking there gonna get a bareback rigging stuck on them next spring if Jr. has his way. The absolutely ugliest horse I've ever rode was a gooch eyed paint mare down in Montana. Ten hours in the saddle with her felt like a month lol. She'd of made a great R-Calf horse kind of hardheaded and not overly bright-maybe it's something in the wayter down there lol.

"pinto" swear word to Paint breeders :eek: About hockey, sons 24 so is only playin rec hockey.Does minor hockey have to follow the new N.H.L rules?

Still rainin and supposed to change to SNOW :? Cows still down at river pasture...was hopin to sell calves this week.Can't even get down the main road to unload the horses to drive them to top of hill :cry:

Well, it rained off and on fri and sat here, might have gotten 2/10's but thats not bad for here :? We had puddles and everthing :) Is sunny and pretty today, more rain forecasted for this week (we need a 'fingers crosssed' emoticon!) It was a heavy frost, hope the pumkins and peppers are ok under their tarps!

started raining here about 1 a.m. and still going.....starting to get a wee bit "slushy" out there, though, and the foothills peaking out behing the clouds are nice and WHITE!!!!! :shock: :shock:

not just sure what rule changes they will be-it's gonna be an interesting year I lost my two gunners both are playing AAA Midget as underagers-time for some different players to step up which is nice. Interesting note 4 of us evaluated thses kids from 1-6 on a 12 different skills-when they averaged each players skill score we all were with a half point of each other-don't whether it was experts agree or fools never differ lol. Nice to watch the young talent coming up.

Latest posts