• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

weather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A winter weather advisory is in effect through 11 am Monday morning. A wind chill advisory is in effect from 8 pm tonight through 11 am Monday morning. The greatest snow accumulations are expected to occur in petroleum county. Much of northeast Montana will get some snow.

Bitter cold temperatures will combine with winds to produce dangerous wind chill temperatures across much of Phillips county as well as Valley, McCone, Dawson, Richland, Roosevelt, Daniels and Sheridan counties.

This is definitely depressing! I was getting to like the warmer temps... Predicting 20-30 below temps again by the end of the week.... :(

I knew a change was coming... With this weather change moving in- my arthritis was hurting so bad I could hardly even walk/raise arm on Friday... Good news tho- is now that its here- I feel a lot better...

Going down to -30C tonight. Hasn't snowed in weeks though. Spent last week in Ontario. Minus 5C +/- Wet snow and or rain. I love going back home and seeing the folks but I'll take my Alberta weather any day. Those Ontario winds and moisture cut to the bone!!

How come so cold Gcreek? Only minus 18 celcuis or zero farenheight here but expecting some of your weather before it is over. Set out a bunch of bales for the next week today. cows are full. shouldn't have to start tractor for 6 days but will have to quad out to chop ice in tire tank when sun comes up in the morning. They say this is only going to last til Sunday. Still too much snow to get around. Some out here are calving and having to plow snow to find a little bare ground. Can't imagine going back to that. Keep warm.

Spanish Johhny said:
Going down to -30C tonight. Hasn't snowed in weeks though. Spent last week in Ontario. Minus 5C +/- Wet snow and or rain. I love going back home and seeing the folks but I'll take my Alberta weather any day. Those Ontario winds and moisture cut to the bone!!

You're saying that it gets cold in the west but it's a "dry cold"? :lol:

If I'd known you were coming to Ontario, we might have met somewhere for coffee if you were close by! Where are your folks located?

burnt said:
Spanish Johhny said:

You're saying that it gets cold in the west but it's a "dry cold"? :lol:

If I'd known you were coming to Ontario, we might have met somewhere for coffee if you were close by! Where are your folks located?

Dry cold / damp cold, the truth is, I'm turning into a candy ass!!

Spent all of my time between Hamilton, Guelph and Toronto at the BFO AGM. I went quietly cause there are lots of my buddys that would be upset if they knew I was that close and didn't call!! Lets try to connect next time I'm in town Burnt!

After a shut-down blizzard here yesterday, it cleared off overnight and set a new record low for Feb. 28: -28C. Forecast is for continuing cold for the first week of March and then rocket up to +5C!!!

The storm caused a 96 car pileup on HWY #400 north of Toronto. One minute it was clear and then it was like someone pulled a big white sheet over this part of the province - zero visibility for much of the day.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/02/27/highway-400-closed-between-highway-89-and-mapleview-drive-after-massive-96-car-pileup-near-barrie/

Very cold temperatures along with strong winds will combine to create very dangerous conditions for persons and newborn livestock. Frostbite can occurr in just a few minutes at these temperatues. Some light snow will fall across the area with heavier snowfall in the Billings area. Generally heavier snow will be seen south of a line from Havre to Wibaux.

We're not supposed to get much warm up until mid next week! They are talking -60 to -70 chill factors north of us in Saskatchewan...

We had 4 nice days last week and this week we have been in the low single digits F over nights and upper +F teens for day time highs - - - normal for this time of year is lows in the mid 20s and highs around +45F

They are calling for 6" to 10" of snow over the weekend and the 8 day forecast is still below freezing - - - I sure am looking forward to spring!

The weatherman says we have set a record for the most snow and the lowest temps for as long as they have kept records here! Not a record I wanted to set!

Bitter,bitter cold and going to hang on for a few days. Heifers are'nt supposed to be calving but you all know the little snots have to each one be first . Oh well been there done this before and have 2 Hutt. kids and a grandson that has been thourghly indocternated and thinks that calves are meant to be born below 0[I told him the bad cold air makes them get that first breath faster] HaHa. Trully a good hand for 14. Looking for at least 0 to 20 above by next week.

The weather girl here said to watch for wind chill. Exposed flesh at these temperatures freezes in "oops, to late."

Was supposed to be +20F last night but it is +34F right now - - - supposed to be in the teens tonight with 6" to 12" of fresh snow.

I hope they miss tonight as bad as they missed last night!

This is crazy, 16 below (F) here tomorrow night.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?map.x=193&map.y=157&site=dmx&zmx=1&zmy=1#.UxIphc4hN0M

Crazy here as well - - - the weatherman promised us a high in the upper 20sF for today and it just hit +50F and sunny :D :D :D

So I'm hoping the snow we are supposed to get tonight is rain - - - I am tired of snow - - - officially we have had 58" so far and the previous winter total record was 54". They are calling for 6" to 12" but if it comes as rain it should be 1/2" to 1" and I feel I could take the rain better than snow.

We have been running 20 to 30 degrees below normal all year so far and most of last year - - - our normal for this time of year is +45F for a daytime high. I will be glad to see normal but my grandfather always told me not to expect good weather to last until after Easter ( April 20th this year )

Talked on FB with a friend of mine from Maple Creek who is working north of Ft. MacMurray Alberta. He said it was -94C wind chill this morning. Apparently, North Battleford Sask. recorded -109C. :shock:

I am quite content with the -40 we had this AM. :wink:

We woke up to +25F and about 1/2" of snow over a covering of ice, now they are talking the snow will come between noon and midnight and we could still get between 6" and 12"

:???: :?

The temp is supposed to continue down the rest of the day - - - absolutely crazy! :???: :cry:

Well the high school sectionals is still a week or 2 away! :)

Latest posts