• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

week 4 1/2 "character" winner

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob,

You just HAD to keep your face darkly shaded, didn't you.
Adds to the "mystery :D of JingleBob :!: "

Kinda Has that "Kevin Cosner" look about him...spect he'll jump up n start dancin with wolves here any minute.

But I hafta ask, What's with the inner tube tied to the rope? is that a new way of catchin calves? or an old way I haven't ever seen?

The inner tube is hooked to a stake in the ground and on the other end is a loop with a quick release. When the calves are drug out by the back legs, you hook the loop with the quick realease hoda, onto the top front leg of the calf, after the calf is tipped onto his/her side.The rope tightens and the rider who roped the calf hold the calf on the ground with the help of his horse.

It works pretty good on big calves and Tumbleweed had biiiggg ol' calves! :lol:

I like my face in the shade. Thats why I wear a hat. And yup, I'm pretty mysterious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wife says it's a mystery why she ever married me! :cry: :oops: :lol: :lol:

I think Jersey Lily nailed it with :"Kinda Has that "Kevin Cosner" look about him...spect he'll jump up n start dancin with wolves here any minute. "

:lol: :clap: :clap: LOL that was a good one, Jersey!

I've danced with some female wolves I guess, or at least that would be what the fellers who really know their vocabulary, would call them! :wink:

Find me a wolf, and we will dance! :lol:

Jinglebob said:
Same as it's always been. I've already had fame, what i want now is fortune! :lol: :p :lol:

JIngleBob,
By all your previous stories we thought what you were was IN-fame-ous !

I am the kid in the picture. Near as i can remember i was thinking that the fun is really gona start when he burns his hand on that iron.

mongo said:
I am the kid in the picture. Near as i can remember i was thinking that the fun is really gona start when he burns his hand on that iron.

Hey mongo, great to have ya here. Thanks for posting. Hope you stay with us. I'm sure you'll enjoy the conversation as much as the rest of us do.

We ain't tasteless BMR, I licked one of my fingers this afternoon after helping to brand the neighbors calves and I taste like dirt! :lol:

:shock: :eek:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops:

Jinglebob said:
We ain't tasteless BMR, I licked one of my fingers this afternoon after helping to brand the neighbors calves and I taste like dirt! :lol:

I pulled a roll of guaze out of a absess on a bull"s belly today and I don't want to think about what that would taste like. :gag: :gag: :help: :cry2: :gag: :cowboy:

Jinglebob said:

When do the other 9 get washed?

nr said:
Jinglebob said:

When do the other 9 get washed?

Cold water does a good job. He even brings in the milk cow. :cowboy:

we were haying at a place with an apple tree. my kids were done rakeing and wanted a knife to carve apples.well I only carry one knife we got home my wife asked the kids if they remember where that knifes been? They sure ate alot of apples. :lol2:

Latest posts