• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weigh bars for a squeeze chute

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
We are thinking of putting weigh bars under our squeeze chute. What are your thoughts on the subject? Any advice is appreciated...makes, models, etc etc

I used to be the ROP weighman up here-I don't take weaning weights any more. I kind of disabled the transport so people would quit borrowing it lol.

Nicky; I was talking to a sales rep (carries several different brands) and his reccomendation was a Gallagher setup. Definately not the cheapest but had the best capabilities & reliability of all. Can even be combined with a RFID reader to automatically enter info as processing occurs which is a big plus.....with many operations up here already using the RFID tags it is a natural fit. It's fairly easy to add individual animal notes & to transfer all info to a computor for permanent records.

Like anything else it is best to buy the most reliable system that you can afford........there's nothing worse than a breakdown when working! Been there & done that so will be replacing my older Norac with something better.

I have Tru-Test load bars under my Stampede Steel squeeze chute. Been using them for about 5 years. Works great. Never had a problem.

Northern Rancher said:
I used to be the ROP weighman up here-I don't take weaning weights any more. I kind of disabled the transport so people would quit borrowing it lol.
Shame on you!!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Tru-Test bars are hanging in the barn. :? :oops:

weigh bars are usually pretty good. Look for a good scale head. That is where the rubber really meets the road. We have used Tru-test 3000 on lots of progeny test cattle and I have been impressed with them.

Not to steal the thread, but does anyone close to SE Kansas have a set they dont use or want to part with? Im looking for a reasonable set to use at another set of pens we use for the fall herd. It would be handy to not have to haul calves home at weaning if we didnt have to

Latest posts