• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Welcome to Canada Gold Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PORKER said:
No Trace back to origin ,only a lot number for the days production.

So you're saying the Canadian tagging system for their livestock is worthless- and means nothing :???:

They have no traceback from the sales shelf back to the farm of origin in Canada to a specific animal like for,pork ,lamb, beef, other than a local branded products using ScoringAg . Rod was working on his own if I remember at one time. Canada's RFID cattle trace system ends at the packers door.

But the US is on it.
FSIS issues Import Alert Tracking System directive

By Ann Bagel Storck on 4/2/2008 for Meatingplace.com

The Food Safety and Inspection Service has issued FSIS Directive 9600.1: Illegally Imported or Smuggled Products and Reporting in the Import Alert Tracking System.

The directive provides methodologies that employees of the Office of Program Evaluation, Enforcement and Review (OPEER), the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and the Office of Food Defense and Emergency Response should apply when surveillance or investigations identify meat, poultry, or egg products from a foreign country that have been illegally imported or smuggled, or are intended to be illegally imported or smuggled into the United States. This directive also introduces the use of the Import Alert Tracking System (IATS).

The IATS is the FSIS's automated data system that principally tracks findings of illegally imported or smuggled products into the United States. It has been designed to automate the processes of incident notifications between FSIS program areas. IATS also automates the convening of the Hazard Evaluation Committee and creating a Non-Routine Incident Report when appropriate.

To access the IATS, click here. E-Authentication credentials are required to access the IATS.

To view this directive in its entirety, click here.: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/rdad/FSISDirectives/9600-1.pdf

the COOL law is can be tied to this in the form of the recordkeeping audit traceback.

The US. Office of Food Defense and Emergency Response should apply when surveillance or investigations identify meat, poultry, or egg products from a foreign country that have been illegally imported or smuggled, or are intended to be illegally imported or smuggled into the United States.

Sounds like COOL traceback!

PORKER said:
Rod was working on his own if I remember at one time.

Nope, not this cowboy. I was only analyzing how wasteful our CCIA was while wishing we'd adopt a better traceback product.

I am however working on my own livestock software for record keeping. Won't be any traceback in other than an entry spot for CCIA tag numbers.

Rod

Latest posts