• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Well Miss Tam

Help Support Ranchers.net:

will the latest case of BSE help open the border?

• not a chance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes it will

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
feeder said:
Tam's quote: "beef can be safe if the precautionary measures are followed" Whose word are the consumers to believe? The word of the packers in Canada or US, our great gov't agencies, I don't think so. Our USDA sold their souls to the devil, IMHO, and now hopefully things will only get better if they finally pass and implement the correct precautionary rules.

Everyone seem to want to blame the Governments and the packers but if you really look at the whole bse problem as we know it, doesn't it really come back to those that raised the cattle and where they bought their cattle and feed? The cases that are showing up now were pre-feed ban but even then was it the responsibility of the government to look at the science coming out of the UK and EU and tell us to stop feeding this stuff. Was it the government that was buying this feed coming out of infected countries and selling it to the producers or was it the feed sector of the beef industry that was doing it. Was it the Government that was importing these cattle that made it to our feed system no it was the Producers themselves.
The biggest problem is if the USDA impliments what you consider to be the correct precautionary rules like they did with the feed ban in 1997 will the US beef industry follow them. Just look at the past, you blame a government agency but was it the USDA's responsibility to comply with the feed ban once they put in place. But now the FDA another government agency is taking the heat for the non compliance of the feed manufacturing sector of the beef industry and any beef producers that knowingly fed the noncompliant feed. If the SRM rule is not followed should the USDA take the heat or should the slaughter sector of the beef industry take it as they are the ones responsible for carrying out the rules not the USDA. The USDA is taking the heat for the testing but are the US beef producers doing their part by turning over their dead and dieing? I have to laugh when I see producers post they want everything tested but when asked they come right out say they aren't turning over their 4D's until it is manditory to do so. Do you really think if the USDA or the CFIA made it manditory the test samples would start flowing in or would the producers just say we don't keep any cattle long enough to become 4D's . Oh how dumb of me that is the excuse they are useing now isn't it? If the traceback on this positive cow takes a bit longer than it should it will be the USDA that will be taking the heat not the US producers that had M"ID" taken out of the M"COOL" bill because they didn't want to be burdened with the expense won't it? Yes the USDA messed up the testing by not testing with the Western Blot back in November but they are not the only ones making mistakes. The CFIA may have made some mistakes too but the Canadian producers are not without blame either. That is why some of us are doing what we have to to find out how big the problem is by testing our 4D's and are trying to clean it up. The only thing I fear in Canada is we still have those that think hiding the truth is better than facing it and getting on with the clean up.
Whose word are the consumers to believe?
All I can say is if the consumer believes the word of R-CALF the US beef industry is in for a world of hurt. As how can they for the past two plus years stand on their soapbox hand in hand with the Anti beef groups proclaiming the risk of Canadian beef and not have it come back to bit them in the back side now that BSE has been found in the US.

Tam the more you post the stupider you make your self look,why dont you quit for a while ,go take your medicine,forget about R Calf for a while........................good luck

Haymaker, I fail to see what Tam said that makes her look stupid! There is a lot of truth in what she says. It always seems easier for some people to blame others for everything and take no responsibility for their actions.

Moose said:
Haymaker, I fail to see what Tam said that makes her look stupid! There is a lot of truth in what she says.
It always seems easier for some people to blame others for everything and take no responsibility for their actions.

I could'nt agree more,canadians need to quit blaming R CALF for their problems,that aint gonna buy you nothing.Forget about R CALF and concentrate on the things that will help you.......................good luck

:shock:

As a newbie here, I have to say that I am shocked at all the mud slinging going on?!?!?! BSE is NOT GOOD for anyone on anyside of any border. YES, some organizations went balistic, and shut down the Canadian border. Squaking and stamping about like a spoiled child to make it happen. I have personally seen too many good ranchers here in Canada loose everything because of this. Families were and are being ripped apart. We work damn hard to make our living here - to have rules and regulations rammed down our throats. We had and have abbided by these rules. Now, the rest of North America will suffer along side us Canadians.
Either there is just to much damn testoterone flying around here, or nobody knows the meaning of "Do onto others as they do onto you".

Hitting rock bottom is a horrible thing.

Cowgal- "Do onto others as they do onto you".

Unfortunately the "Golden Rule" goes like this these days:

He who has the GOLD.............................RULES!!!!

HAY MAKER said:
Tam the more you post the stupider you make your self look,why dont you quit for a while ,go take your medicine,forget about R Calf for a while........................good luck

Haymaker didn't I just recieve a PM from you that said I shouldn't have called you or R-CALF idiots on a public forum if I wanted respect :? You have called me a liar and now stupid what a way to hurt my feelings . :cry: And I'm sorry Haymaker if you stand too close to a group of people sometimes it is hard to see that you aren't one of the group. :wink:

Tam said:
HAY MAKER said:

Haymaker didn't I just recieve a PM from you that said I shouldn't have called you or R-CALF idiots on a public forum if I wanted respect :? You have called me a liar and now stupid what a way to hurt my feelings . :cry: And I'm sorry Haymaker if you stand too close to a group of people sometimes it is hard to see that you aren't one of the group. :wink:

Miss Tam some of the best cattle men that ever pulled on a pair of boots are R CALF members,and truth be known they couldnt give a Damn one way or the other about you, and your hysterical ramblings,and neither do I...............................good luck

Cowgal said:
:shock:

Either there is just to much damn testoterone flying around here, or nobody knows the meaning of "Do onto others as they do onto you".

Hitting rock bottom is a horrible thing.

Well, Cowgal, there's one thing for which I am mighty glad, and that is that estrogen levels never get out of balance . . .

OOOPS, something tells me that I shouldn't hit the submit button, or that I should submit . . .oh well, now I'm getting confused again, ROOOAAAR. . . darn I hate those testoterone highs

HAY MAKER, you danged TEXAN, I hate when you tell jokes about gorgeous redheads . . .

HAY MAKER said:
Tam said:
HAY MAKER said:

Miss Tam some of the best cattle men that ever pulled on a pair of boots are R CALF members,and truth be known they couldnt give a Damn one way or the other about you, and your hysterical ramblings,and neither do I...............................good luck

Haymaker are you hitting the bottle tonight. Or has the Heat and the weekend of knowing the US has BSE got to you. :???:

Tam said:
HAY MAKER said:
Tam said:

Haymaker are you hitting the bottle tonight. Or has the Heat and the weekend of knowing the US has BSE got to you. :???:

He has been too open minded. :wink:

Mike said:
DJL said:
An open mind is only good if it is not open at both ends......

That is correct. Also, if you too open minded - sometimes your brains will fall out. :wink:
That must be Haymakers problem he is just to open minded :wink:

We better be careful as Haymaker in on the rampage tonight and he may get upset and spill he drink on the key board. :lol:

Qoute : Fear not those who argue but those who dodge!

goodmorning all, I trust a goodnights rest has made everyone all chipper and bright eyed?
The suns out here in MB, the birds are singing and the coffees brewing.
:D

Latest posts