• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Well Questions

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
I pulled up my Eureka cylinder. All the rod connectors were about worn in to, the bottom one was worn in to, hence the reason for pulling it. My question is, can I put a deep well jet pump over the top of this thing. Only had 65 feet of pipe down to the cylinder, and the pipe is 1 inch. My thinking is that if I can use the jet pump when its hot and calm, I will, then screw the Tee back on, and hook up the wind mill. This is an old 2 1/4 pipe well, so a sub is out of the question. We need the backup system, as we are running 200 pair plus in one bunch, and have never been able to keep up with just the windmill when its hot. During the spring and fall, if the rotation hits then, the windmill will keep up.

I have never been around one either. It would be way to simple if I could just unhook my pump rod, screw a plug into the tee, add enough pipe on top to get over the pump rod, and pump water.

Jet pumps are a pain in the but. There is, or at least there was a single pipe jet that used the regular well pipe as one. We helped a neighbor who had one, work on his. I don't exactly remember the outcome but it was not entirely satisfactory. We had a 2 pipe jet in a cased well on our other place, we couldn't get it to work again so put in a sub.

These small Grandfos pumps might fit in a 2 inch well. The Slim Jim was made for that, but they were expensive.

One of the joys of ranching is to provide water for livestock when the weather is hot, and you are busy with other work. It was just a given, that there would be a well needing fixed on the 4th of July.

Latest posts