• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WH threatening to put Offutt Air Force Base on the BRAC list

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina said:
67% of Nebraskans are against the health care bill... Nelson's office is flooded with ads and notes saying if he votes for this bill he will be voted out of office... And I think they will do that very thing...

The outfits I am mad at are the NRA (National Rifle Association) and the NFIB (National Federation of Independent Businesses). They are both usually intelligent and conservative thinking organizations. In the last election, they endorsed Democratic candidate Ben Nelson over his Repuplican opponent Pete Ricketts. Not that their endorsement probably mattered all that much, but if Pete Ricketts had been elected, I'll bet he wouldn't be voting for this flim-flam health-care bill.

There are the grand thinkers of the world who maintain a lofty position and loudly proclaim, "I don't vote for the party; I vote for the person." This always sounds so eloquent and "visionary" but it is B.S. in real world politics. When the chips are down, the Democrats hang together and the Republicans hang together. Any citizen of this country just as well figure out if their basic ideals are more Democrat (liberal) or Republican (conservative), and then vote a straight party ticket. As far as needing a third party to clutter up conditions, we don't. The Republicans just need to get their act together and get back to what their conservative thinking base needs for candidates.

I agree Soap... I argued and argued with my friend about this very thing when Nelson was on the ballot... Wait till I see him.... He's in the health care buisness so I know he has a big stake in this pile of u know what health care bill... :mad:

You go Nebraska!!!! Make em quake in there shoes....

I think you are spot on, Soapweed.

I didn't think Nelson would be able to hold out.
Joe Liebermann sold out too. All they did was give us some
false hope that someone would have what it took to stand for
what is right. They don't even know what they are voting for...
and if you don't know, why take a chance? Someone scared
them BIG TIME--IMO.

How long can this country remain great? How much more can
we stand of Obama? He might be a decent individual (as was brought out on Fox News while different ones were 'scoring him')
but as a politician, he's bad to the bone. He's chosen wrong associates
for years.

hopalong said:
We have to remember the snoooze is from Mesa the armpit of liberal thinkers in AZ.

opps kinda of an oxymoron there liberal and thinker :D :D :D
Sorry folks

You just showed your ignorance. The armpit of liberal thinking??? As I said, you just showed your ignorance.

The city of Mesa was founded by and is still run by MORMONS and if you think they are liberal, you have zero idea of what a liberal is.

hopalong said:
How about Nelson for the name?????????????????

Omaha World Herald is not exactally right wing press!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Let me if I have this right. You come up with an intimidation plan cooked up by Obama using Nelson as the guy being intimidated and then when questioned you say that they are known to have intimidated people in the past and then, when asked to name someone, you come up with Nelson?? Is that what I am supposed to take as an answer? Like I said, you can't come up with a name. Now I suppose I am also supposed to believe that the Omaha paper quoting unnamed sources and taking goldfarb's word that some unnamed source gave him all the facts that he got from his brother-in-law's neighbor's grandson who is a lawyer and he should know...Oh, wrong lie. Sorry but you guys tell so many, it is hard to keep them all straight.

hypocritexposer said:
schnurrbart said:
hypocritexposer said:
You can't be serious?
You can't come up with a name huh!

Gerald Walpin
Fox News
Crysler
Peter DeFazio, D-Oregon

"Don't think we're not keeping score, brother," Obama told DeFazio during a closed-door meeting of the House Democratic Caucus, according to members afterward.

2008 campaign when radio stations and reporters were threatened by the Obama-thugs if they dared portray 'the one' in a negative light.

Obama not only aired a response ad to the spot linking him to William Ayers, but he sought to block stations the commercial by warning station managers and asking the Justice Department to intervene

"They wanted to intimidate WGN [the radio station involved] and force management to reverse its decision to put Kurtz on the air. They urged their supporters to send intimidating e-mails and make phone calls to WGN to complain. The station was deluged with calls and e-mails."

"Another shocking case of intimidation occurred in St. Louis when a television station reported that prosecutors and law enforcement officials in Missouri had joined in an effort to act as 'truth squads' assigned to target the John McCain presidential campaign and any organization that ran radio and television ads critical of Obama.

Joe the Plumber asked then-candidate Mr. Obama a question, to which Mr. Obama replied that he thought it was a good idea to spread the wealth around. For simply asking a question, Joe became the target of harassment, investigation and smearing of all types.

On the morning of August 6th, Sam Stein reported at the Huffington Post that labor unions had released a comprehensive memo, detailing tactics to counter what were called "town hall protestors". That same day, a White House official said to reporters, "If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard."

If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

Do you need more? This is the way Chicago politics operate, did you expect anything different?

The only thing I see as being even half-way intimidating is with DeFazio and he said this afterwords, "DeFazio, speaking to press after the exchange, professed that he was honored that Obama recognized him and the issues of his constituents.[14]"

Any citizen of this country just as well figure out if their basic ideals are more Democrat (liberal) or Republican (conservative), and then vote a straight party ticket. As far as needing a third party to clutter up conditions, we don't. The Republicans just need to get their act together and get back to what their conservative thinking base needs for candidates.

One thing is for sure. It doesn't look like the Country is too thrilled with a Liberal Democrat.

They better move right, so they can include more moderates in the "Big Tent"

If they aren't careful they will be a dead party, like we were told the Repubs were just a few short months ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hypocritexposer said:
schnurrbart said:
hypocritexposer said:
You can't be serious?
You can't come up with a name huh!

Gerald Walpin
Fox News
Crysler
Peter DeFazio, D-Oregon

"Don't think we're not keeping score, brother," Obama told DeFazio during a closed-door meeting of the House Democratic Caucus, according to members afterward.

2008 campaign when radio stations and reporters were threatened by the Obama-thugs if they dared portray 'the one' in a negative light.

Obama not only aired a response ad to the spot linking him to William Ayers, but he sought to block stations the commercial by warning station managers and asking the Justice Department to intervene

"They wanted to intimidate WGN [the radio station involved] and force management to reverse its decision to put Kurtz on the air. They urged their supporters to send intimidating e-mails and make phone calls to WGN to complain. The station was deluged with calls and e-mails."

"Another shocking case of intimidation occurred in St. Louis when a television station reported that prosecutors and law enforcement officials in Missouri had joined in an effort to act as 'truth squads' assigned to target the John McCain presidential campaign and any organization that ran radio and television ads critical of Obama.

Joe the Plumber asked then-candidate Mr. Obama a question, to which Mr. Obama replied that he thought it was a good idea to spread the wealth around. For simply asking a question, Joe became the target of harassment, investigation and smearing of all types.

On the morning of August 6th, Sam Stein reported at the Huffington Post that labor unions had released a comprehensive memo, detailing tactics to counter what were called "town hall protestors". That same day, a White House official said to reporters, "If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard."

If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

Do you need more? This is the way Chicago politics operate, did you expect anything different?

You have the proof on all those right?

schnurrbart said:
hopalong said:

Let me if I have this right. You come up with an intimidation plan cooked up by Obama using Nelson as the guy being intimidated and then when questioned you say that they are known to have intimidated people in the past and then, when asked to name someone, you come up with Nelson?? Is that what I am supposed to take as an answer? Like I said, you can't come up with a name. Now I suppose I am also supposed to believe that the Omaha paper quoting unnamed sources and taking goldfarb's word that some unnamed source gave him all the facts that he got from his brother-in-law's neighbor's grandson who is a lawyer and he should know...Oh, wrong lie. Sorry but you guys tell so many, it is hard to keep them all straight.

It's hard to tell if those are lies or not since there appears to be a source but usually un-named or or a source without a valid/authoritative basis. Regardless, this healthcare bill has both dems and repubs in an uproar. The two politicians that gave in most likely were paid off with some minor concession. Time will tell if the healthcare deal works. If it doesn't, a republican will definetly be the next president. Better yet, I hope it's an independent.

The city of Mesa was founded by and is still run by MORMONS and if you think they are liberal, you have zero idea of what a liberal is

I don't know, schnurrbart. That magic undergarment thing they have going on could be considered a liberal behavior. :wink: And, all those wives!

Liveoak said:
schnurrbart said:
hopalong said:

It's hard to tell if those are lies or not since there appears to be a source but usually un-named or or a source without a valid/authoritative basis. Regardless, this healthcare bill has both dems and repubs in an uproar. The two politicians that gave in most likely were paid off with some minor concession. Time will tell if the healthcare deal works. If it doesn't, a republican will definetly be the next president. Better yet, I hope it's an independent.

The city of Mesa was founded by and is still run by MORMONS and if you think they are liberal, you have zero idea of what a liberal is

I don't know, schnurrbart. That magic undergarment thing they have going on could be considered a liberal behavior. :wink: And, all those wives!

Well, they can't have all those wives in Arizona althoughI think some of the more radical ones try to find a way around it. Arizona did put one in jail for statutory rape this last year for his part in arranging a bride of 15 or 16 for a man. As for the extra undergarment, I think that denotes conservatism and they are very conservative.

Mesa's city government is one of the most CORRUPT groups in the state and yes they are Mormon,
Not very conservitive :wink: :wink: :wink:

hopalong said:
Mesa's city government is one of the most CORRUPT groups in the state and yes they are Mormon,
Why? Do you think Sheriff Joe and the SA are the salt of the earth and everyone else is corrupt and out to get them?? I don't. Also, most Mormons are very rightwing/conservative.

schnurrbart said:
hopalong said:
Why? Do you think Sheriff Joe and the SA are the salt of the earth and everyone else is corrupt and out to get them?? I don't. Also, most Mormons are very rightwing/conservative.

Yea if you say so it must be true.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Yep snooze says they are pure

BANKRUPTING MESA BY THE CREATION OF A GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK CONSISTENTLY AND COLLECTIVELY HAS AND STILL IS EXPLOITING/EXTORTING, AND OTHERWISE BURGLARIZING THE PEOPLE OF MESA FOR DECADES.

CONSTRUCTED AN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER TWO DECADES AGO AFTER VOTERS REJECTED IT TWICE. THEY "FOUND THE MONEY" AND BUILT IT IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD. BECAUSE OF THE NOISE LAW ROCK BANDS COULD NOT BE BOOKED. THE CENTER HAS BEEN A CONSTANT LOSER THAT HAS COST TAXPAYERS FROM $1,000,000.00 TO $2,000,000.00 EACH AND EVERY YEAR SINCE IT WAS BUILT.

VIOLATED THE FAIR BIDDING PROCESS IN CHOOSING BUILDERS OF A DOWNTOWN HOTEL BY AWARDING A CONTRACT TO ONE MAN OF WHOM THEY HAD A POITICAL RELATIONSHIP WITH TO BUILD IT. THE HOTEL WAS BUILT ABUTTING THE ENTERTAINMENT CENTER. THE CONSTRUCTION COST OF THIS SWEETHEARD DEAL WAS $20,000,000.00, WAS BUILT WITH NO SOUND PROOFING AND IT WENT BANKRUPT A FEW YEARS LATER. IT LATER SOLD FOR ONLY $7,000,000.00, THE BEST PRICE THEY COULD GET. MESA'S GOOD OLD BOYS HAD GUARANTEED THE MAN'S LOSSES WITH TAXPAYERS MONEY.

1968, CREATED A SPECIALLY WORDED CITY "CHARTER" THAT BYPASSES THE ELECTORATE THAT EMPOWERED THEM TO HIRE ONE OF THEIR CRONIES AS CITY MANAGER "ANOINTING" HIM WITH POWER OVER THE ELECTED MAYOR AND COUNCIL WITH CARTE BLANCHE CONTROL OF EVERY SECTOR OF MESA GOVERNMENT, WITH TOTAL POWER TO HIRE AND FIRE ALL DEPARTMENT HEADS INCLUDING POLICE CHIEF'S. HE WOULD BE ACCOUNTABLE TO NO ONE, NOT EVEN THE ELECTORATE, FOR HIS ACTIONS AND INACTIONS, EXCEPT THOSE OF MESA'S POLITICAL MACHINERY, THE GOOD OLD BOYS. THIS "CHARTER" ALLOWED THE FORMATION OF A CORPORATION; THE (MUNICIPAL DEVELOPEMENT CORPORATION) WITH POWER TO DO ALL THE BONDS THEY CHOOSE WHILE GETTING AROUND THE ELECTORATE AND STICKING THE TAXPAYERS WITH THE TAB ALL IN THE NAME OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPEMENT.

THE WORDING OF THIS "CHARTER" GROSSLY VIOLATES THE PEOPLES ARIZONA AND U S CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. IT ALSO ALLOWS UNCONTROLED LANDBANKING AT THE TAXPAYERS EXPENCE WITHOUT ANY CONSTRAINTS. MESA TAXPAYERS ARE EXTORTED OUT OF APPROX. $75,000,000.00 THAT THEY MUST PAY ANUALLY ON BONDED AND COMBINED DEBTS THAT TOTALS IN EXCESS OF ONE BILLION DOLLARS, ($1,000,000,000.00). MESA NOW OWNS APPROXIMATELY 1,500 PARCELS OF REAL ESTATE AND BUILDINGS AND GOLF GOURSES WORTH BILLIONS AT TODAYS PRICES INCLUDING LAND IN OTHER COUNTIES. THEY CONTINUE TO LANDBANK.
ALLOWS FORMATION OF A SPECIAL CORPORATION. "MUNICIPAL DEVELOPOEMENT CORPORATION" THAT DOES AS MANY BONDS AS THE ADMINISTRATIVE SECTOR CHOOSES, THAT PUTS DEBTS ON CITIZENS, WHILE GETTING AROUND THE ELECTORATE, IN THE NAME OF ECONOMIC REDEVELOPEMENT.

A "CHARTER" THAT ALLOWS LANDBANKING TO A TOTAL SO FAR OF APP. 1,500+- PARCELS. MANY THAT ARE UNNEEDED, INVESTING AND TYING UP BILLIONS OF TAXPAYERS HARD EARNED TAX AND UTILITY DOLLARS WHILE STICKING CITZENS WITH YEARLY PAYMENTS OF AT LEAST $75,000,000.00. ON COMBINED BONDED AND CITY DEBTS OF AT LEAST ONE BILLION DOLLARS, ($1,000,000,000.00).

C. SINCE THE CHARTER MANDATES THE UNELECTED HIRED HAND, THE CITY MANAGER, INSTEAD OF THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL, TO HIRE AND FIRE ALL DEPARTMENT HEADS, BY GETTING AROUND THE ELECTORATE, HE HAS CARTE BLANCHE POWER TO HIRE BY POLITICAL RELATIONSHIPS.

PERHAPS THE MOST DANGEROUS OF ALL IS IN THE HIREING OF POLICE CHIEF'S. WITH POLITICS IN POLICE BUSINESS THE POLICE CHIEF IS ONLY ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL ACTIONS AND INACTIONS, BY HIMSELF AND HIS OFFICERS, TO THE HIRED HAND THE CITY MANAGER WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE TO NO ONE NOT EVEN THE ELECTORATE. POLICE CHIEF'S CAN HIRE AND KEEP UNTRIANED AND MISJOBED OFFICERS BY POLITICAL RELATIONSHIPS ALSO.

THIS PUTS MESA CITZENS IN HARMS WAY AND IS THE DIRECT CAUSE OF ALL PAST HANKEY PANKEY IN THE DEPARTMENT. THAT'S WHY MESA IS THE LAUGHING STOCK OF NOT ONLY MESA'S GOOD OFFICERS BUT THOSE ALL OVER AMERICA. FOLLOWING THE MONEY TRAIL WE CAN SEE THIS TURN INTO THE "REGULATING" OF CRIME FOR PROFIT.

THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ALOCATES MORE MONEY TO CITIES FOR FIGHTING CRIME WHEN CRIME IS HIGHEST. WHEN CRIME RATE IS TOO LOW THEY GET LESS MONEY. THIS FISCAL HANKEY PANKEY WILL OBVIOUSLY CONTINUE AS LONG AS MESA'S ABUSIVE/LLEGAL CHARTER EXISTS.

OVERCHARGING UTILITY USERS IN THE 100'S OF MILLIONS OF THEIR HARD EARNED DOLLARS CALLING IT PROFITS WHEN IN REALITY THEY ARE OVERCHARGES THAT SHOULD BE PAID BACK TO USERS ON A PATRONAGE BASIS.

BEGINNING IN 1982 MESA'S GOOD OLD BOYS ASKED VOTERS TO PASS "HOME RULE". THEY LIED TO THEIR CITIZENS BY USING LANGUAGE THAT MISREPRESENTED THE TRUTH ABOUT THE REAL MEANING OF IT TO GET IT PASSED. BOTH VALLEY NEWSPAPERS, THE "MESA TRIBUNE" AND THE "ARIZONA REPUBLIC" WENT ALONG WITH THEM. IN THE 70'S ARIZONA ADOPTED CALFORNIA'S CONSTUTIONAL MANDATE, PROPOSITION 13 THAT PUT A CAP ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT SPENDING. WHEN THE MANDATE WAS WRITTEN BY SOME ARIZONA SELF SERVING POLITITIONS, THEY ADDED SOME OPTIONAL SPENDING CHOICES. CITY LEADERS POPULAR OPTIONAL CHOICE WAS NAMED "HOME RULE" WHICH MEANS IF VOTERS IN CITIES "TRUSTED" THEIR ELECTED AND APPOINTED OFFICIALS, THEY COULD LET THEM BYPASS THE CONSTITUTIONAL SPENDING LIMITS FOR FOUR YEARS AT A TIME. MESA'S UNINFORMED VOTERS UNKNOWINGLY GAVE THEIR LOCAL POLITITIONS A VIRTUAL BLANK CHECK, (CARTE BLANCHE SPENDING) TO SET THEIR BUDGETS AS HIGH AS THEY CHOSE. THEY THEN RAISED ALL KINDS OF TAXES, FEES AND UTILITY RATES AND WENT FOR NEW SOURCES OF REVENUE TO FILL THE BUDGET. MESA IS TETTERING ON BANKRUPTCY WHILE NEIGHBORING CITY OF TEMPE, THE ONLY SIZEABLE ARIZONA CITY, WHO ADHERED TO THE CONSTUTIONAL MANDATE IS WEALTHY. AT ONE TIME THEY WERE ONE OF THE THE TOP TEN CITIES ACROSS AMERICA WITH THE HIGHEST BOND RATING, #3. TEMPE HAD SO MUCH MONEY LEFT OVER AT THE END OF EACH FISCAL YEAR THAT THEY COULDN'T SPEND. THEY WERE ALLOWED TO INVEST IT INTO CD'S THOUGH TO SAVE FOR RAINY DAY FUNDS. IF MESA VOTERS HAD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE GETTING THE FISCAL HOODWINKING ABOUT THE REAL MEANING OF "HOME RULE," THEY COULD HAVE SAVED MESA FROM THE SAME FATE AS WHAT HAPPENED TO MIAMI, FLORIDA WHEN THEY WENT BANKRUPT IN 1997. A WISE MAN ONCE ASKED VOTERS; "HOW MANY OF YOUR RELATIVES WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO GIVE A BLANK CHECK TO?" THE ANSWERS WERE ALL NEGATIVE. "WELL HE SAID; WHEN YOU VOTED FOR "HOME RULE" YOU GAVE A BLANK CHECK TO POLITITIONS."

there is lots more where that came from snoozzzze.

corruption in the city government of LIBERAL Mesa Az!!!

hopalong said:
Yep snooze says they are pure

BANKRUPTING MESA BY THE CREATION OF A GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK CONSISTENTLY AND COLLECTIVELY HAS AND STILL IS EXPLOITING/EXTORTING, AND OTHERWISE BURGLARIZING THE PEOPLE OF MESA FOR DECADES.

CONSTRUCTED AN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER TWO DECADES AGO AFTER VOTERS REJECTED IT TWICE. THEY "FOUND THE MONEY" AND BUILT IT IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD. BECAUSE OF THE NOISE LAW ROCK BANDS COULD NOT BE BOOKED. THE CENTER HAS BEEN A CONSTANT LOSER THAT HAS COST TAXPAYERS FROM $1,000,000.00 TO $2,000,000.00 EACH AND EVERY YEAR SINCE IT WAS BUILT.

VIOLATED THE FAIR BIDDING PROCESS IN CHOOSING BUILDERS OF A DOWNTOWN HOTEL BY AWARDING A CONTRACT TO ONE MAN OF WHOM THEY HAD A POITICAL RELATIONSHIP WITH TO BUILD IT. THE HOTEL WAS BUILT ABUTTING THE ENTERTAINMENT CENTER. THE CONSTRUCTION COST OF THIS SWEETHEARD DEAL WAS $20,000,000.00, WAS BUILT WITH NO SOUND PROOFING AND IT WENT BANKRUPT A FEW YEARS LATER. IT LATER SOLD FOR ONLY $7,000,000.00, THE BEST PRICE THEY COULD GET. MESA'S GOOD OLD BOYS HAD GUARANTEED THE MAN'S LOSSES WITH TAXPAYERS MONEY.

1968, CREATED A SPECIALLY WORDED CITY "CHARTER" THAT BYPASSES THE ELECTORATE THAT EMPOWERED THEM TO HIRE ONE OF THEIR CRONIES AS CITY MANAGER "ANOINTING" HIM WITH POWER OVER THE ELECTED MAYOR AND COUNCIL WITH CARTE BLANCHE CONTROL OF EVERY SECTOR OF MESA GOVERNMENT, WITH TOTAL POWER TO HIRE AND FIRE ALL DEPARTMENT HEADS INCLUDING POLICE CHIEF'S. HE WOULD BE ACCOUNTABLE TO NO ONE, NOT EVEN THE ELECTORATE, FOR HIS ACTIONS AND INACTIONS, EXCEPT THOSE OF MESA'S POLITICAL MACHINERY, THE GOOD OLD BOYS. THIS "CHARTER" ALLOWED THE FORMATION OF A CORPORATION; THE (MUNICIPAL DEVELOPEMENT CORPORATION) WITH POWER TO DO ALL THE BONDS THEY CHOOSE WHILE GETTING AROUND THE ELECTORATE AND STICKING THE TAXPAYERS WITH THE TAB ALL IN THE NAME OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPEMENT.

THE WORDING OF THIS "CHARTER" GROSSLY VIOLATES THE PEOPLES ARIZONA AND U S CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. IT ALSO ALLOWS UNCONTROLED LANDBANKING AT THE TAXPAYERS EXPENCE WITHOUT ANY CONSTRAINTS. MESA TAXPAYERS ARE EXTORTED OUT OF APPROX. $75,000,000.00 THAT THEY MUST PAY ANUALLY ON BONDED AND COMBINED DEBTS THAT TOTALS IN EXCESS OF ONE BILLION DOLLARS, ($1,000,000,000.00). MESA NOW OWNS APPROXIMATELY 1,500 PARCELS OF REAL ESTATE AND BUILDINGS AND GOLF GOURSES WORTH BILLIONS AT TODAYS PRICES INCLUDING LAND IN OTHER COUNTIES. THEY CONTINUE TO LANDBANK.
ALLOWS FORMATION OF A SPECIAL CORPORATION. "MUNICIPAL DEVELOPOEMENT CORPORATION" THAT DOES AS MANY BONDS AS THE ADMINISTRATIVE SECTOR CHOOSES, THAT PUTS DEBTS ON CITIZENS, WHILE GETTING AROUND THE ELECTORATE, IN THE NAME OF ECONOMIC REDEVELOPEMENT.

A "CHARTER" THAT ALLOWS LANDBANKING TO A TOTAL SO FAR OF APP. 1,500+- PARCELS. MANY THAT ARE UNNEEDED, INVESTING AND TYING UP BILLIONS OF TAXPAYERS HARD EARNED TAX AND UTILITY DOLLARS WHILE STICKING CITZENS WITH YEARLY PAYMENTS OF AT LEAST $75,000,000.00. ON COMBINED BONDED AND CITY DEBTS OF AT LEAST ONE BILLION DOLLARS, ($1,000,000,000.00).

C. SINCE THE CHARTER MANDATES THE UNELECTED HIRED HAND, THE CITY MANAGER, INSTEAD OF THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL, TO HIRE AND FIRE ALL DEPARTMENT HEADS, BY GETTING AROUND THE ELECTORATE, HE HAS CARTE BLANCHE POWER TO HIRE BY POLITICAL RELATIONSHIPS.

PERHAPS THE MOST DANGEROUS OF ALL IS IN THE HIREING OF POLICE CHIEF'S. WITH POLITICS IN POLICE BUSINESS THE POLICE CHIEF IS ONLY ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL ACTIONS AND INACTIONS, BY HIMSELF AND HIS OFFICERS, TO THE HIRED HAND THE CITY MANAGER WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE TO NO ONE NOT EVEN THE ELECTORATE. POLICE CHIEF'S CAN HIRE AND KEEP UNTRIANED AND MISJOBED OFFICERS BY POLITICAL RELATIONSHIPS ALSO.

THIS PUTS MESA CITZENS IN HARMS WAY AND IS THE DIRECT CAUSE OF ALL PAST HANKEY PANKEY IN THE DEPARTMENT. THAT'S WHY MESA IS THE LAUGHING STOCK OF NOT ONLY MESA'S GOOD OFFICERS BUT THOSE ALL OVER AMERICA. FOLLOWING THE MONEY TRAIL WE CAN SEE THIS TURN INTO THE "REGULATING" OF CRIME FOR PROFIT.

THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ALOCATES MORE MONEY TO CITIES FOR FIGHTING CRIME WHEN CRIME IS HIGHEST. WHEN CRIME RATE IS TOO LOW THEY GET LESS MONEY. THIS FISCAL HANKEY PANKEY WILL OBVIOUSLY CONTINUE AS LONG AS MESA'S ABUSIVE/LLEGAL CHARTER EXISTS.

OVERCHARGING UTILITY USERS IN THE 100'S OF MILLIONS OF THEIR HARD EARNED DOLLARS CALLING IT PROFITS WHEN IN REALITY THEY ARE OVERCHARGES THAT SHOULD BE PAID BACK TO USERS ON A PATRONAGE BASIS.

BEGINNING IN 1982 MESA'S GOOD OLD BOYS ASKED VOTERS TO PASS "HOME RULE". THEY LIED TO THEIR CITIZENS BY USING LANGUAGE THAT MISREPRESENTED THE TRUTH ABOUT THE REAL MEANING OF IT TO GET IT PASSED. BOTH VALLEY NEWSPAPERS, THE "MESA TRIBUNE" AND THE "ARIZONA REPUBLIC" WENT ALONG WITH THEM. IN THE 70'S ARIZONA ADOPTED CALFORNIA'S CONSTUTIONAL MANDATE, PROPOSITION 13 THAT PUT A CAP ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT SPENDING. WHEN THE MANDATE WAS WRITTEN BY SOME ARIZONA SELF SERVING POLITITIONS, THEY ADDED SOME OPTIONAL SPENDING CHOICES. CITY LEADERS POPULAR OPTIONAL CHOICE WAS NAMED "HOME RULE" WHICH MEANS IF VOTERS IN CITIES "TRUSTED" THEIR ELECTED AND APPOINTED OFFICIALS, THEY COULD LET THEM BYPASS THE CONSTITUTIONAL SPENDING LIMITS FOR FOUR YEARS AT A TIME. MESA'S UNINFORMED VOTERS UNKNOWINGLY GAVE THEIR LOCAL POLITITIONS A VIRTUAL BLANK CHECK, (CARTE BLANCHE SPENDING) TO SET THEIR BUDGETS AS HIGH AS THEY CHOSE. THEY THEN RAISED ALL KINDS OF TAXES, FEES AND UTILITY RATES AND WENT FOR NEW SOURCES OF REVENUE TO FILL THE BUDGET. MESA IS TETTERING ON BANKRUPTCY WHILE NEIGHBORING CITY OF TEMPE, THE ONLY SIZEABLE ARIZONA CITY, WHO ADHERED TO THE CONSTUTIONAL MANDATE IS WEALTHY. AT ONE TIME THEY WERE ONE OF THE THE TOP TEN CITIES ACROSS AMERICA WITH THE HIGHEST BOND RATING, #3. TEMPE HAD SO MUCH MONEY LEFT OVER AT THE END OF EACH FISCAL YEAR THAT THEY COULDN'T SPEND. THEY WERE ALLOWED TO INVEST IT INTO CD'S THOUGH TO SAVE FOR RAINY DAY FUNDS. IF MESA VOTERS HAD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE GETTING THE FISCAL HOODWINKING ABOUT THE REAL MEANING OF "HOME RULE," THEY COULD HAVE SAVED MESA FROM THE SAME FATE AS WHAT HAPPENED TO MIAMI, FLORIDA WHEN THEY WENT BANKRUPT IN 1997. A WISE MAN ONCE ASKED VOTERS; "HOW MANY OF YOUR RELATIVES WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO GIVE A BLANK CHECK TO?" THE ANSWERS WERE ALL NEGATIVE. "WELL HE SAID; WHEN YOU VOTED FOR "HOME RULE" YOU GAVE A BLANK CHECK TO POLITITIONS."

What can I say? The Mormons run this town so are they liberal or conservative?

hopalong said:

I never once claimed that they were "pure" or honest. I said that this city is run by the Mormons and they are not liberal in their thinking.

schnurrbart said:
hopalong said:

I never once claimed that they were "pure" or honest. I said that this city is run by the Mormons and they are not liberal in their thinking.

They sure as heck are liberal in the way the lie. cheat, and steal.

Scott Smith the mayor may have an R behind his name but he sure spent a lot of time kissing the butt of Obama not too long ago :wink: :wink:

Latest posts