• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What am I ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is , wild flower ,noxious weed ? I am thinking it is babies breath but it doesn't look like the pictures posted that I have seen.

Thanks .

267431_2108965960449_1134577259_2524540_3615145_n.jpg

268594_2108962880372_1134577259_2524537_8366861_n.jpg

Can you load a higher resolution pic? It looks kind of like a yarrow to me, but hard to tell with the small picture.

Sorry I copied the wrong image ;I have changed it . Thanks :)

I looked up Aster but I don't think we have that in our area. This was taken by the road allowance, but it is in the pasture and now the hay field . Smells a little like clover .

I don't think it's a noxious weed, although there appears to be some in those pictures :lol: :p

hillsdown said:
Sorry I copied the wrong image ;I have changed it . Thanks :)

I looked up Aster but I don't think we have that in our area. This was taken by the road allowance, but it is in the pasture and now the hay field . Smells a little like clover .

Yeah...that doesn't look like aster.

Silver said:
I don't think it's a noxious weed, although there appears to be some in those pictures :lol: :p

The pictures I posted were the road allowance on the lease road, which the oilfield company is supposed to spray NOT my pasture :p However I did kill everything there with 24d .

I took a sample into my nutritionist and you were dead on Silver it is not a noxious weed and is safe for human and animal consumption.

Thanks again for all of your help everyone . :tiphat:

We have the scariest clouds over us right now and are under sever storm watch again ,what a flippen surprise .. :roll:

Silver said:
My best guess is Northern Bedstraw

http://montana.plant-life.org/species/galium_boreale.htm

Flowers do look very similar... I've seen it- but wasn't sure what it was called...Except this year I've seen flowers I've never seen before....

Oldtimer said:
Silver said:
My best guess is Northern Bedstraw

http://montana.plant-life.org/species/galium_boreale.htm

Flowers do look very similar... I've seen it- but wasn't sure what it was called...Except this year I've seen flowers I've never seen before....

I was thinking about these flowers more today-- and I remembered these were the ones that my Grandmother used to go down along the creek pools to pick- and liked to put in bowl on the table because of the pleasant smell they had...And she called them wild "babies breath's"...

Latest posts