• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

what day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cure

Reaction score
Started gathering cows last night to bring home for weaning rain the whole time we were on horses. Went out today to get some more rain the whole we were out. We have gotten almost 2 inches of rain in the past 36 hours. All I can say is the guy that invented oil skin is my hero right now I just wish it would clear up for a week so I can get everything home. Makes it hard to find cows in rain and fog plus when you do find them they are in the trees and don't want to drive. and to beat it all it is starting to snow its to soon to have winter already. Sorry guys just had to vent for a minute

We have had no rain basically since the first of July.
It's been up to 92 degees in October. Way too hot for
this time of year.
But I did see a sun dog today and the weather is supposed
to change by the weekend. I hope we get some rain.

I hope everyone that needs rain gets it. Not snow, tho...
just not ready for snow...

Just looked at the forecast- and the weatherguy is calling for "copious" amounts of rain for tomorrow night and Friday for us... Predicting 1/2 to an inch of rain...... :D
We could use it to cut the dust- and to lower the fire danger from all the tall grass we have from the spring/early summer rains....

I just talked to a gal over by Lima, MT- that said it rained hard there today- but is feeling like that nasty 4 letter word SN*W- and feeling like winter..

cure said:
Started gathering cows last night to bring home for weaning rain the whole time we were on horses. Went out today to get some more rain the whole we were out. We have gotten almost 2 inches of rain in the past 36 hours. All I can say is the guy that invented oil skin is my hero right now I just wish it would clear up for a week so I can get everything home. Makes it hard to find cows in rain and fog plus when you do find them they are in the trees and don't want to drive. and to beat it all it is starting to snow its to soon to have winter already. Sorry guys just had to vent for a minute

I do know how you feel and completely empathise . I hope everything works out for you and your cattle . Best wishes .

I hope it stays dry for a month yet here I can keep baleing hay though not very good hay we have a 1000 ton of silage we can blend it with.

MsSage said:
cure can you come to texas and gather some cows???? We sure could use the rain...... :lol: :lol:

I'm on my way woke up to 3 iinches of that white four letter stuff. I'm getting to old for sh*t :D

Here I will give you directions...SLC I-80 all the way to Cheyenne then South on I-25 till springer NM then east on us 87. LOL
Yeah pretty easy 12 hour drive. I know there are a couple up here then you can work your way south till you get to the diametrically opposite side of Texas at lilys place. I know we up here dont care if its snow or rain right now, water is water.

yes please bring the rain, so far we are at 4.35" for the year. I dont think anyone would complain even if the 40 day flood would come.

We had a good little shower go thru during the night and this morning...Only about .15 of rain- but it sure freshened things up...

Weatherfolks are still saying we could have some good rain tonight and tomorrow....

Latest posts