• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What do you think about this?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mudhen

Reaction score
I do not believe in this, what do you think about this? I may have to trade in my Chevy in for a good horse and buggy. From what I have found Nissan is the only one not doing this. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Three Automakers Agree with UAW to Offer Health Care Coverage to Same-Sex Partners of U.S. Employees
Ford to offer Same-Sex Domestic Partner Benefits
DETROIT, June 8, 2000 (FCN) – Ford Motor Company, DaimlerChrysler Corporation, and General Motors Corporation will extend health care coverage to same-sex domestic partners of all eligible United States employees.

The coverage follows a commitment from all three companies to study the subject as part of the current UAW and other labor union contracts.

Offering health care benefits to same-sex domestic partners is consistent with each organization's commitment to diversity in the workplace, and is responsive to competitive trends among the Fortune 500 companies. Specifics of coverage and administration will vary by company.

Each company will make the expanded coverage available August 1, 2000.

Employees will be required to attest that their domestic partner relationship meets all eligibility criteria, including being of the same sex and having shared a committed relationship with each other for no less than 6 months.

©2000 Ford Communications Network -- reprinted with permission
this from http://fordglobe.org/2000/06/08fcn/big3uaw_dbp.html

GM gives gay center a $10,000 donation

Activists say they hope gift marks new attitude
March 1, 2000

BY AMY KLEIN
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Affirmations, the state's largest gay and lesbian community center, is getting some affirmation from General Motors Corp. to the tune of a $10,000 donation -- the first gift of its kind from GM.

The gay community hailed the donation as historic, saying the gift from one of the state's more conservative companies signals a shift in attitudes and could encourage gay and lesbian employees to come out in the workplace.

"First the closet doors came open and now the financial doors are open," said Leslie Ann Thompson, executive director of the Ferndale-based center that offers counseling and youth-group activities.

The donation -- the largest Affirmations has received from a corporation -- bought GM a spot on the marquee of the Royal Oak Music Theater for Affirmations' flagship fund-raiser in April, the Big Bash.

For GM, as well, the donation is a milestone. Although GM and its philanthropy arm, the General Motors Foundation, give $70 million to various causes each year, it never has donated money to a gay and lesbian organization. GM historically has turned down donation requests from other gay and lesbian organizations, such as the Triangle Foundation, said Jeffrey Montgomery, executive director of the advocacy group in Detroit.

"I think this signals an opening of the doors," said GM spokeswoman Marcia McGee, who added that the company was acting on the recommendation of some of its gay and lesbian employees.

In recent years, the state's auto companies have become more inviting to the gay community. GM, Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler all have internal employee resource groups for gays and lesbians, and all three companies have revised their policies to outlaw discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

In addition, Ford and DaimlerChrysler have made large donations to national gay and lesbian groups and to the Hope Fund, which funnels money to gay organizations.

However, gay activists caution that although GM's contribution proves the company is willing to put its money where its mouth is, there are still hurdles ahead. For instance, none of the state's auto companies offer benefits to same-sex domestic partners.

"It's just wonderful that they are supportive," said Montgomery. "But what should be noted is that companies are still reluctant to support gay and lesbian organizations."

Contact AMY KLEIN at 248-591-5629 or [email protected].
this is from http://www.freep.com/news/metro/naffirm1_20000301.htm

I have better thing to do with my time than lesson to some Homophobic running around Hysterically Crying:

The Sky Is Falling :!:

When I have any Query's or Questions about "Right or Wrong" I KNOW:

"GOD would not want me to Cast The First Stone" :!:

I worry more about MY Sole and let GOD worry about Your Sole and Theirs

God may have brought this Subject Forward to Test
"How Godly Are You :!:- - a Test of your Faith :!: Will you Cast The First Stone :?:

As I see it:
I think your Post Has Answered Him - -

Your TEST Score - - (F)

I think your Avatar Fits You:!: :shock:

I'm not condoning (sp) same-sex relationships, but if spouses of heterosexual relationships can take advantage of company benefits, why can't "partners" of same-sex relationships be allowed the same benefits? As long as I don't have to see the kissy-face, holding-hands in public, I don't give a damn what these people do in their own homes. A relationship is a relationship is a relationship, doesn't matter if it's man-woman, woman-woman, man-man, or people of different nationalities. So, in my own opinion, they should be allowed the same courtesies as a man-woman union. Enough said!

As the Publisher/Editor/Reporter of her News Paper V¬ as invited to Cover a "Rain Bow Rodeo" – Gay Rodeo - - She reported/wrote a story with No Pictures :!:

When she was asked "Why No Pictures" she Reported - -
They seemed like nice very good Cowboys and Cowgirls but THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW me to take Pictures. As soon as I'd pull out my Brownee they'd turn into freak's and go into this act - - "I'd just walk-a-way" - - All day and they never wised-up or caught-on :!:

The Drag Race in "Drag" was a Hoot :!: :shock: :roll:

V¬ wanted to Get A Picture of the "Champion Bull Rider"/ "All Around Cowboy" She was very good and a Girl but she too…

OldDog/NewTricks said:
I have better thing to do with my time than lesson to some Homophobic running around Hysterically Crying:

"How Godly Are You :!:- - a Test of your Faith :!: Will you Cast The First Stone :?:

As I see it:

Your TEST Score - - (F)

. . . a very interesting post and reply, somewhat self- contradictory if nothing else . . . :???:

Old dog, you mentioned that God would not want us to judge this? Well, we are to support what we believe in. "Casting the first stone" was when Jesus was keeping a group of men from stoning a woman for adultery. You probably knew that, but it was the woman who would have been directly hurt otherwise. He was forgiving her. However, God still gives consequences, and while we are not to take revenge into our own hands, we can support and not support what we should. Discussing it should not offend though. It is an interesting story and Mudhen shared it with us for us to give outr opinion, and you cast a stone at him for it. I just wanted you to know what I figured. I hope I haven't blasted you, but that I've stated my point so that you can take it either way you want.

Mudhen, that IS a very dirty idea those people have. Makes me sick down to the core, and it does offend me that God's sacred establishment of lifelong partners has been trashed in that way.

Sierraman said:
Discussing it should not offend though. It is an interesting story and Mudhen shared it with us for us to give outr opinion, and you cast a stone at him for it. I just wanted you to know what I figured. I hope I haven't blasted you, but that I've stated my point so that you can take it either way you want.

I find it ironic that the people who push "tolerance" are the ones who seem to have the least understanding of the term. And are seldom tolerant themselves, at least when it comes to dealing with those of us who believe in what is biologicallyand theologically correct.

So, in all likelihood, those who are confronted for their effrontry, such as OldDog/NewTricks, would prefer to try to throw a guilt trip on you by saying that you are "blasting" them. Notice who did the "screaming" in this thread? And Mudhen was the one "accused" of resorting to hysterics. That's kind of funny!!!:)

These people like to think that there are only two political bents, the "Left" and the "Wrong". :lol: :lol: :lol:

OldDog it must be different their in California. :???: We here in Oklahoma don't have any of them here "Rain Bow Rodeos" and I can proudly say I am delightfully happy of it too. :lol: :lol: I don't care for a lot of stuff that goes on, but there is stuff that really ticks me off. :mad: :mad: You know that old saying "you got to stand for something or you will fall for anything". Well I stand for one man and one woman, no more and no less. I didn't push my opinion on you, I just found this and would like to see if I was the only one out there with my way of thinking. Yes my way of thinking. You can take it or leave it, as you said
"GOD would not want me to Cast The First Stone"
so why did you?? All I got to say is God Bless you and your family. I do not by any means mean this in the wrong way. So have a great day

Mudhen said:
OldDog it must be different their in California. :???: We here in Oklahoma don't have any of them here "Rain Bow Rodeos" and I can proudly say I am delightfully happy of it too.

Um...Mudhen...I just thought I'd share this link with you. Not only do you have "rainbow rodeos", you have a gay rodeo association in Oklahoma!!!! I know this cause I heard of them and I am good on the yahoo search browser!

http://www.okgayrodeo.com/

Well I guess I will have no more Bud Light now. and thanx TXTibbs for the info. What is this world coming too?????????????

It doesn't matter, Mudhen. Just as long as they don't start painting my truck pink. That would make me want to sell Mary Kay products instead of tending to business at the ranch. Just let those that are funny turned that way patrionize those rodeos and sit and giggle with them - personally, I don't care to; but, for those that do, I hope they have themselves a fuzzy little time trying to decide what restroom to use.

OldDog/NewTricks said:

As I see it:

Your TEST Score - - (F)

I have this mental picture of you ranting and raving while wearing a pink Square Dance dress, green high top boots, and some plastic Mardi Gras beads.

Mudhen said:
I do not believe in this, what do you think about this? I may have to trade in my Chevy in for a good horse and buggy. From what I have found Nissan is the only one not doing this. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Three Automakers Agree with UAW to Offer Health Care Coverage to Same-Sex Partners of U.S. Employees
Ford to offer Same-Sex Domestic Partner Benefits
DETROIT, June 8, 2000 (FCN) – Ford Motor Company, DaimlerChrysler Corporation, and General Motors Corporation will extend health care coverage to same-sex domestic partners of all eligible United States employees.

The coverage follows a commitment from all three companies to study the subject as part of the current UAW and other labor union contracts.

Offering health care benefits to same-sex domestic partners is consistent with each organization's commitment to diversity in the workplace, and is responsive to competitive trends among the Fortune 500 companies. Specifics of coverage and administration will vary by company.

Each company will make the expanded coverage available August 1, 2000.

Employees will be required to attest that their domestic partner relationship meets all eligibility criteria, including being of the same sex and having shared a committed relationship with each other for no less than 6 months.

©2000 Ford Communications Network -- reprinted with permission
this from http://fordglobe.org/2000/06/08fcn/big3uaw_dbp.html

GM gives gay center a $10,000 donation

Activists say they hope gift marks new attitude
March 1, 2000

BY AMY KLEIN
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Affirmations, the state's largest gay and lesbian community center, is getting some affirmation from General Motors Corp. to the tune of a $10,000 donation -- the first gift of its kind from GM.

The gay community hailed the donation as historic, saying the gift from one of the state's more conservative companies signals a shift in attitudes and could encourage gay and lesbian employees to come out in the workplace.

"First the closet doors came open and now the financial doors are open," said Leslie Ann Thompson, executive director of the Ferndale-based center that offers counseling and youth-group activities.

The donation -- the largest Affirmations has received from a corporation -- bought GM a spot on the marquee of the Royal Oak Music Theater for Affirmations' flagship fund-raiser in April, the Big Bash.

For GM, as well, the donation is a milestone. Although GM and its philanthropy arm, the General Motors Foundation, give $70 million to various causes each year, it never has donated money to a gay and lesbian organization. GM historically has turned down donation requests from other gay and lesbian organizations, such as the Triangle Foundation, said Jeffrey Montgomery, executive director of the advocacy group in Detroit.

"I think this signals an opening of the doors," said GM spokeswoman Marcia McGee, who added that the company was acting on the recommendation of some of its gay and lesbian employees.

In recent years, the state's auto companies have become more inviting to the gay community. GM, Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler all have internal employee resource groups for gays and lesbians, and all three companies have revised their policies to outlaw discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

In addition, Ford and DaimlerChrysler have made large donations to national gay and lesbian groups and to the Hope Fund, which funnels money to gay organizations.

However, gay activists caution that although GM's contribution proves the company is willing to put its money where its mouth is, there are still hurdles ahead. For instance, none of the state's auto companies offer benefits to same-sex domestic partners.

"It's just wonderful that they are supportive," said Montgomery. "But what should be noted is that companies are still reluctant to support gay and lesbian organizations."

Contact AMY KLEIN at 248-591-5629 or [email protected].
this is from http://www.freep.com/news/metro/naffirm1_20000301.htm

I don't have a problem with it, in fact I would say it's about damn time.

Please, let me try to understand this - You all, most of you anyway, have been and are very vocal about you feelings
BUT if I plainly state MY FEELINGS

OldDog/NewTricks said:
"""As I see it:"""

Your TEST Score - - (F)

I think your Avatar Fits You :!: :shock:

I am casting Stones. Excuse Me - What was I Thinking!

But comments like
I have this mental picture of you ranting and raving while wearing a pink Square Dance dress, green high top boots, and some plastic Mardi Gras beads.

Just let those that are funny turned that way patrionize those rodeos and sit and giggle with them - personally, I don't care to; but, for those that do, I hope they have themselves a fuzzy little time trying to decide what restroom to use.

That just makes me sick :oops: :x :(

And those belt buckles guys wear that say GRA,
dang sure doesn't stand for GIRLS RODEO ASSOCIATION!

What is this world coming too?????????????
are OK
It 's not like this is the first Time I've heard this type of Quotes – Women's Right to Vote – Prohibition – Cigarettes - Free the Slaves – Equal Rights - Woman's Right's – PETA - Vegans - Animal Liberation Frount - Terriorest - Etc..

One on hand "Bush and God" have taken us to war and Our/Your Childern are Dieing to Stop This Kind of Thinking … yet at home you carry on.
How many times must the Nation go through this before we learn :?:

You don't have to Love Them or Accept they - Give them Equal Rights and ignore them - - They bask in the light you cast upon them.

Not after any bone picking or anything but on the equal rights, what equal rights? If we had an all straight rodeo that would be wrong but it is OK to have an all gay rodeo. I am sorry I should take 5; I just got back from a house fire and a family lost about $400,000 home. Olddog just for the record I tried to get in the Marines just to fight for this county, I hold so strong at heart but I couldn't hear good enough. My family was grateful for that, that way I could tend to the family farm. But nu the less I have found where you all stand.

OldDog/NewTricks said:
You don't have to Love Them or Accept they - Give them Equal Rights and ignore them - - They bask in the light you cast upon them.

What mudhen was telling us about has nothing to with equal rights. Its special treatment. A lot of people want to do this kind of thing with other kind of minorities. Including illegal aliens. Some descendants of slaves want money from the government to make up for "their" treatment. However, they are not suffering, and its not by any living Americans hand.

HAY MAKER said:
Dont have much use for "HOTO's"..............good luck

I think any good spanish speaker would agree that it is "Joto" rather than "Hoto".........come on Haymaker you practically live in Mexico down there in the Hill Country you should know spanish better than that!!! :lol: :lol: Actually I take that back....I think I live more in Mexico here than you do....you have more of a German population down there I guess right?

Latest posts