• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What if...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rammtein7 said:
What if instead of spending all our money on weapons and defence, we fed, clothed, and housed everybody NOT one human being excluded, got rid of boundaries and simply became one race. I believe we could as one race explore space in peace and harmony. Wouldn't that be cool?

discrimination hurts people. it deprives a group of people their right to function fully in the community where they live. discrimination is the total process of isolating a group of people, and separates them in a way that is demeaning.
discrimination also hurts the discriminator, who lives life in a system of hatred and prejudice.
the laws and practices of discrimination enforced require denial of human rights, demand separation of people, and supports violence against the population.
it starts with the philosophy that one group is superior to another. the dominant group strengthens their philosophy by enacting laws that make it 'right' to deny others their share of life.
in the 13 southern states america had until 1964 laws that denied basic human rights to black americans who lived or visited thoses states.
for more than 700 yrs catholics in northern ireland made war against the british colonizers. the penal code was a set of laws enacted to oppress and degrade the irish people and was the model used by american southern states to draft segregation laws.
south africa has had a bloody history of apartheid, that is the white minority oppressing majority blacks.
jews have long been persecuted.
chinese workers, japanese immigrants, native americans all have had history of oppressions.
france is kicking roma gypsies out of their country as we speak.

how do we cope with discrimination that is sanctioned by law?

one person on their own cannot challenge discriminatory codes, but many people together can raise the public consciousness about racial justice.

some saner voices are heard.

we have seen a decline in funds and policy where peacekeeping is concerned here in canada. there must be some complexity that we dont all understand or is not reported and easily understood, but it would be good to imagine keeping peace is something that is still alive and well and can be nurtured even if only individually in communities, and perhaps even conceivably in virtual environments such as this place here.

it is important to remember here and elsewhere, we do have more in common than we do not.

rammtein7 said:
I fail to see how that's a loss on my part. It can't happen immediatly. Nothing does. The people of those countries need to decide for themselves that enough is enough.

In all of history it has never happened. And you sure ain't the first einstein to come up with that idea

Violence is never the answer.

sadly you are wrong,...

first in your thinking.. and secondly in your misuse of the word violence..

in the broadest sense.. you are misguided at least,

The word violence covers a broad spectrum. It can vary from between a physical altercation between two beings to war and genocide where millions may die as a result

it seems some have forgotten the meaning of words and use them incorrectly.. sometimes to justify an agenda... sometimes to make a statement that few could argue against...

vi·o·lence
/ˈvaɪələns/ Show Spelled[vahy-uh-luhns] Show IPA
–noun
1.swift and intense force: the violence of a storm.

2.rough or injurious physical force, action, or treatment: to die by violence.

3.an unjust or unwarranted exertion of force or power, as against rights or laws: to take over a government by violence.

4.a violent act or proceeding.

5.rough or immoderate vehemence, as of feeling or language: the violence of his hatred.

6.damage through distortion or unwarranted alteration: to do editorial violence to a text.

to equate violence to self defense and peace is incorrect..

I would agree in the narrow sense of the definition.. violence is never the answer...

but in the context of your what if.. statement... you are so wrong....

Can you show one example of a person you care about being subjected to violence, where you would sit by and not react ? I can't...

rammtein7 said:
Violence is never the answer. I don't know how you infer your conclusions and I'm the messed up one? All I was saying is that it should work itself out eventually.

Seem like it worked to rid the world of Hitler, what you think it would be better if no war took place, no violence and Hitler was ruler of the world?

aplusmnt said:
rammtein7 said:
Violence is never the answer. I don't know how you infer your conclusions and I'm the messed up one? All I was saying is that it should work itself out eventually.

Seem like it worked to rid the world of Hitler, what you think it would be better if no war took place, no violence and Hitler was ruler of the world?

His UTOPIA has him speaking German. :wink: :roll:

The desire for peace after WW1 resulted in the policy of appeasement toward the Nazi regime by the British and her allies. Hitler manipulated this to manouver his forces into a position of strength before engaging in outright war by invading Poland. The evil powers of this world will always exploit the desire for a better world on the part of the ideologists for their own ends.

Tam said:
aplusmnt said:
rammtein7 said:

His UTOPIA has him speaking German. :wink: :roll:

:lol: :lol:

andybob said:
The desire for peace after WW1 resulted in the policy of appeasement toward the Nazi regime by the British and her allies. Hitler manipulated this to manouver his forces into a position of strength before engaging in outright war by invading Poland. The evil powers of this world will always exploit the desire for a better world on the part of the ideologists for their own ends.

Good Point!!!

aplusmnt said:
andybob said:

Good Point!!!

Great point.

I'm not sure to what degree political correctness also had an impact on other countries not saying anything until they had to defend themselves and protect others, but I'm sure it also came into play.

To a greater degree, that will be our downfall the next time.

we have seen a decline in funds and policy where peacekeeping is concerned

many peace keeping actions are just military actions with the soldiers hands tied while holding empty weapons while the "enemy" shoots at them and civilians...

so why fool ourselves and endanger soldiers so we can feel good about doing nothing to solve a dangerous situation?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/episode-guide/series-2010/episode-15

Mugabe was put into power by those who believed he would develop a utopia in the prosperous, previously peacefull country of Rhodesia, these blood diamonds make the profits to keep him in power through murder and intimidation, the purchasers cut and re-sell them to make even bigger profits for Al Quieda!

Latest posts