• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What is happening to Packer Margins?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

agman said:
Econ101 said:
agman said:
In 1970, using the USDA price series the spread between the producer share and the packers share was 13 percentage points. In the last year I calculated, 2004, the spread was only 9 percentage points. For the third quarter of 2005 the spread was only 8 percentage points. In the early 90's the packer spread narrowed to 6 percentage points difference. The point is that if price manipulation actually occurs this spread would have expanded, not contracted as it has during the time frame mentioned. I just updated this series today to properly answer your question. Thanks, have a cool one.

Agman, the price manipulation benefit for Tyson is not necessarily found in the beef industry where you keep trying to look. Keep looking under the shell without the pea and saying that you win the game. Pickett didn't want to give up his money in that crooked game and I don't blame him.

Dancing around again are you?!!! You have switched from your accusation that price manipulation by beef packer is selective to now they manipulate the competing meats. Are you now admitting that Dr Taylor failed to find any eveidence of price manipulation? If so, that would be the first correct conclusion you have ever drawn since your appearance on these forums.

Sorry that you are such a total fraud which you display for all readers to witness in every post you make. Yes sir, you were set to put all of us mortals down with your self annointed Economics and Legal prowess. You have confirmed your complete failure once again with your aforementioned comment. However, your most hilarious statement is the one stating that "if supply does not go down prices cannot go up". Are you going to dance around that comment? I am waiting to see you do the TWIST on that one. That twist was made famous by Chubby Checkers. How low will you go!!

Agman, the evidence of manipulation was proven by the Pickett plaintiffs to the jurors. The arguments you bring were probably the ones that were brought "behind closed doors". It was your and SH's assertion that price manipulation in the beef industry did not happen because the profit margins in beef were not increased. That was never my assertion. I showed that it was just a diversion. The PSA never had that as an element necessary for the proof of market manipulation. That was just made up by the court. Same thing on the London case, the poultry case cited by the 11th circuit for the appellate decision on harm to competition.

You asked me before if I thought judges had the right to throw out jury decisions. My answer is yes, sometimes, but they better have some darn good reasons. They showed how ignorant they were with their appellate decision of economics. That is one of the reasons Israel had judges for just a short period of time. Only God knows everything. All the rest of us only get glimpses of truth. That glimpse of truth is often blurred by our own self interest. I thought OCM had that one correct. When we realize that is the case, we are better able to take a little of the blur out, hopefully.

What we have is a few judges that don't know squat about economics or markets trying to substitute their judgement for the jury. They have been talked to "behind closed doors" by people who want to blur the truth for their own self interests. I have pointed out some of those self interests.

As for being a mortal, I am in the same boat as everyone else. I don't look down on anyone. Jason, SH, MRJ, Tam, BMR, Murgen, and even you are unique in your own way and God loves all equally. Even you and I. I count myself no higher nor any lower than any other. All have sinned....

As for my statement you attribute to me, "if supply does not go down prices cannot go up", you will have to put that in context. Sometimes it is the case and sometimes not. I don't remember exactly what the context was for that quote. I was probably talking about the middle of the cattle cycle where there was too much supply for the market (consumption), but I do not remember. If you would like to share your laughter, you will have to post my whole comment, as I do not remember the context.

You like Chubby Checkers, I see. Personally, I like Little Richard. As I told BMR once, I like to dance. Gets the blood moving. I see again in this post your tell is showing. You are not going to win any poker games-- or arguments that way.

Conman: "The arguments you bring were probably the ones that were brought "behind closed doors"."

Conman: "What we have is a few judges that don't know squat about economics or markets trying to substitute their judgement for the jury. They have been talked to "behind closed doors" by people who want to blur the truth for their own self interests."

SING IT WITH ME CONMAN.........

"and when they get "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS"
Judge Strom lets his "HAIR HANG DOWN"
Tyson makes him GLAD THAT HE'S A JUDGE
OLD CONMAN KNOWS WHAT GOES ON "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS"

Still waiting for proof of these "so called" BEHIND CLOSED DOORS meetings. Were the plaintiff's phones tapped like yours?

Conman: "As for my statement you attribute to me, "if supply does not go down prices cannot go up", you will have to put that in context. Sometimes it is the case and sometimes not. I don't remember exactly what the context was for that quote. I was probably talking about the middle of the cattle cycle where there was too much supply for the market (consumption), but I do not remember."

I wouldn't sweat it too much Conman. Most everyone that matters has already figured out that you just make sh*t up as you go.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "The arguments you bring were probably the ones that were brought "behind closed doors"."

Conman: "What we have is a few judges that don't know squat about economics or markets trying to substitute their judgement for the jury. They have been talked to "behind closed doors" by people who want to blur the truth for their own self interests."

SING IT WITH ME CONMAN.........

"and when they get "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS"
Judge Strom lets his "HAIR HANG DOWN"
Tyson makes him GLAD THAT HE'S A JUDGE
OLD CONMAN KNOWS WHAT GOES ON "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS"

Still waiting for proof of these "so called" BEHIND CLOSED DOORS meetings. Were the plaintiff's phones tapped like yours?

Conman: "As for my statement you attribute to me, "if supply does not go down prices cannot go up", you will have to put that in context. Sometimes it is the case and sometimes not. I don't remember exactly what the context was for that quote. I was probably talking about the middle of the cattle cycle where there was too much supply for the market (consumption), but I do not remember."

I wouldn't sweat it too much Conman. Most everyone that matters has already figured out that you just make sh*t up as you go.

~SH~

SH, if you had a good voice and could dance a little with the tune, you might make it in Vegas.

You diverted again.

Where is your proof of these "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS" meetings?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
You diverted again.

~SH~

As I said before, SH, there is a time for everything.

Econ101 said:
~SH~ said:
You diverted again.

~SH~

As I said before, SH, there is a time for everything.

No there is not time for everything. There is no time for baseless conspiracy theories. You either have proof of "behind closed door" meetings or you don't and you have made it abundantly clear to all readers you never provide any proof of your endless conspiracy claims. You are a total fraud and fool no one but yourself.

~SH~ said:
Trimmed any lean carcasses lately Conman? LOL!

You are such a joke!

~SH~

What is your point, SH? Yes, I am a hunter and I have trimmed some very lean carcasses. I've made tamales too (mix lard with the meat). What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Latest posts