• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What would Brian Boitano do?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rammtein7

Reaction score
I'm getting the sense that we live in a very confusing age. Republicans supporting corporations that send our jobs over-seas and will eventually bring about the fall of America, and Democrats that support a government that won't do a thing about it. I just want to get some feedback for a solution instead of the blame game. Both parties are equally guilty in my book. What do you think?

rammtein7 said:
I'm getting the sense that we live in a very confusing age. Republicans supporting corporations that send our jobs over-seas and will eventually bring about the fall of America, and Democrats that support a government that won't do a thing about it. I just want to get some feedback for a solution instead of the blame game. Both parties are equally guilty in my book. What do you think?

Why don't you take a look at what impact the de-valuing of the US$ has had on the middle class over the past 70-80 years, compared to the loss of jobs offshore.

What impact does the deficit/debt spending have on the middle class?

Have you figured out all the reasons that corporations might ship jobs off shore, yet?

why not start with a list of reasons, and we can go from there.

I realize that the unions arn't helping anything, in fact I personally believe they've outlived their usefulness, but it's also how we maintain a good standard of living.

rammtein7 said:
I realize that the unions arn't helping anything, in fact I personally believe they've outlived their usefulness, but it's also how we maintain a good standard of living.

What do you mean by:

but it's also how we maintain a good standard of living

Are you adding unions/union wages to the list of reasons why Corporations move their operations off shore?

rammtein7 said:
Yes, it's much cheaper to pay a foriegner 12 cents as opposed to $7.25 and hour.

Labor is only one component of jobs headed overseas. What cost does regulation put on business? Business consumes raw materials, electricity, oil, gas, etc... Over Regulation has become in essence a defacto 'value added tax'.... at every step in production the regulation on one industry compounds expense into another.

Take the new iPhone thing-a-ma-jig. I heard recently that one can be made in china for around $300. If it were made in the good old US of A it would be around $1,000.

rammtein7 said:
Yes, it's much cheaper to pay a foriegner 12 cents as opposed to $7.25 and hour.

How does that difference in wages relate to 2 or 4% in taxes? How about capital costs?

Are any of these countries offering benefits to the corporation(s) that outwiegh the savings in labor costs?

How about sales volume? Will Corporation xyz sell x more units in the US because the American consumer will only buy their product if it is $1 cheaper?

Why not just start a list of all the reasons a Corp. might move off shore, and then we can have a logical and honest conversation about the issue.

You appear to only want to talk about one of the variables/talking points

$7.25/hr. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Union workers earn more
Wages and benefits for the average union worker in the private sector totaled $37.16 per hour in March 2010, compared to $26.67 an hour for the typical non-union worker.
taken from the UAW website.

Somehow I doubt businesses are moving out for $7.25 an hour. :roll:

I'm wondering where you get your info rammtien. John Kerry, the democratic hopeful for president in '04 is married to the Heinz ketchup heiress. Together they own 70 some odd companies under the Heinz corp. When old man Heinz was alive all of those companies were inthe US. Since his death and Mrs.Heinz marrying John Kerry 60 some odd of those companies are now based overseas. Did it ever occur to anyone that a heavier tax burden set forth buy the demacrats against those evil rich people and their companies are behind these US companies moving to a more business friendly environment. Those evil oil rich republicans have been trying for years to get new refineries built, but heavy taxes and green regulations make us dependent on other nations to do the same things we could do here. As far as unions go, they have basically got what they deserved by pricing themselves right out of a job. This country needs big business, but we have to change the tax structure to lure these companies back. By taxing them out of the country, we have cut our nose off to spite our face.

Triangle Bar said:
rammtein7 said:

Labor is only one component of jobs headed overseas. What cost does regulation put on business? Business consumes raw materials, electricity, oil, gas, etc... Over Regulation has become in essence a defacto 'value added tax'.... at every step in production the regulation on one industry compounds expense into another.

Take the new iPhone thing-a-ma-jig. I heard recently that one can be made in china for around $300. If it were made in the good old US of A it would be around $1,000.

Good point on the regulations, Tbar.

Maybe R7 should take a look at why American companies are moving to Canada, when our wages/salaries seem to be higher than they are in the US.

And then take a look at why Canadian companies decide to move their operations to the US.

A project like that R7, might give you a little more insight into how businesses work/think.

@ BarBar. Is it just the wages, or also the pensions that are pricing unions out of the labor market? And I don't think it is only the taxes. there are also other benefits that could be offered to companies to help keep them situated in the US, that could be aa beneift to both the company and the citizens.

rammtein7 said:
Why are you asking me? I didn't want to play the blame game. I'm just saying foriegn outsourcing is wrong.

Why is it wrong? And who causes the wrong?

corporations that send our jobs over-seas

No blame? If you did not intend to blame, then maybe you mispoke.

BAR BAR 2 said:
I'm wondering where you get your info rammtien. John Kerry, the democratic hopeful for president in '04 is married to the Heinz ketchup heiress. Together they own 70 some odd companies under the Heinz corp. When old man Heinz was alive all of those companies were inthe US. Since his death and Mrs.Heinz marrying John Kerry 60 some odd of those companies are now based overseas. Did it ever occur to anyone that a heavier tax burden set forth buy the demacrats against those evil rich people and their companies are behind these US companies moving to a more business friendly environment. Those evil oil rich republicans have been trying for years to get new refineries built, but heavy taxes and green regulations make us dependent on other nations to do the same things we could do here. As far as unions go, they have basically got what they deserved by pricing themselves right out of a job. This country needs big business, but we have to change the tax structure to lure these companies back. By taxing them out of the country, we have cut our nose off to spite our face.

Funny you should use Kerry as an example of businesess moving out. Mister Democrat John Kerry says he wants American jobs and the rich to pay more taxes. BUT he buys a big fancy yacht in New Zealand and docks it in another state so he doesn't have to pay the higher tax rate of his home state. Just another DO AS I SAY DEMOCRAP :mad:

R7, I believe you started the blame game by asking why people would support the republicans when they are sending the jobs overseas. When in reality its the democrats and their "Tax the Hell out of everyone and everything" that are the culprits in this mess. If you don't want people to tell you what the problem is don't ask the question by pointing fingers.

Whoa there with your bad self. I asked for a solution, not "blame the democraps that tax the hell out of everything."

rammtein7 said:
Whoa there with your bad self. I asked for a solution, not "blame the democraps that tax the hell out of everything."

R7, why not take my advice and start a list of all the contributing factors that might make a companny move their operations off shore, and then ask for opinions.

In all honesty, your opening post sounded like you were blaming corporations and repubs.

Granted that you did mention Dems. sitting on their hands and just watching the World go by, like they didn't have any control in the situation, when they have controlled Congress the majority of years out of the last 60-80

hypocritexposer said:
rammtein7 said:

R7, why not take my advice and start a list of all the contributing factors that might make a companny move their operations off shore, and then ask for opinions.

In all honesty, your opening post sounded like you were blaming corporations and repubs.

Granted that you did mention Dems. sitting on their hands and just watching the World go by, like they didn't have any control in the situation, when they have controlled Congress the majority of years out of the last 60-80

That is why I said "let it happen." Should government be involved in every little thing? No. But if its killing the economy, they should at least say something about it.

rammtein7 said:
hypocritexposer said:
rammtein7 said:

That is why I said "let it happen." Should government be involved in every little thing? No. But if its killing the economy, they should at least say something about it.

When did it become the Government's responsibility to monitor and control the economy?

I'm pretty sure if you check into it, it is the FED that controls more of the economic policy than the Government.

Unfortunately the US has moved away from a Free Market, to one that is controlled, not by economics, but by policy. Maybe that might be part of the problem?

Latest posts