• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Did it ever blow here yesterday afternoon. The news said it did 60 mph in Pendleton (they never say anything about this far east).

Yesterday morning we had around a foot of nice wet snow. It started blowing a warm wind during the night often in the 70 mph range and it hasn't let up yet. All the snow in the valley is gone and the sky is brown with dirt. Crazy! I've never seen so much moisture disappear so fast.
That is typical for around here in the spring. A nice rain is followed by high winds that keep us in a desert country.

There is a skiff of snow on the ground this morning. About 22 degrees out. I was at brandings the last two days. Cold wind about 20-25 mph that felt like it was coming off the north pole both days.

Been cold, windy and a few flurries for a week, supposed to change on the 16th. Was -17 celcius here this am, A few calves in the shop.

Today was due day, 17 born, 120 on the ground, most living.

Come and help H, criteria is getting low enough we will accept old, has been bull riders too.

Going straight into Summer from Winter here.90 during the day and 60 degree lows.No rain in sight until May 4th.We've had 1.3 inches of rain in the last 8 months.Thousands of acres of wheat have been disastered.Now I'm thinking hay will be short around here.Normally hay grazer is going in right now,but I've seen fields prepped but not planted.Fertilizer is outrageous.

We have a Winter Storm Warning from 3 AM Tuesday to 6 AM Thursday.
6-12 of snow predicted, with wind, of course. We got some wet slushy stuff yesterday morning.
Nice outside right now.

SE Montana has a BLIZZARD WARNING from 3 am Tuesday to noon Thursday.
Calling for 18" of snow and winds up to 40 mph.
That could be a disaster. Waiting all winter for moisture and getting it in one big calf killing
dump...😢 Hoping and praying it isn't that bad. Please add those folks to your prayers.

On our way to church and our yard yesterday. Thankful for the moisture.

Attachments

• 20220410_104959.jpg
    20220410_104959.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 20220410_090103.jpg
    20220410_090103.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Spring has been canceled until further notice. About 2 inches of sloppy wet snow and still coming down. I started out to do morning calf check on the quad just like usual. I barely made it into the field and turned around. The snow blowing in my face I could barely see. I got the pickup to do the check. The cows were hiding in the willows along the river. No obvious new calves. I will try again later. Two little flocks of turkeys marched across the upper field. They didn't look like they were enjoying the snow either. The apricot tree is in full bloom. I guess this means we won't have to worry about what to do with all the apricots. I came in and tried to get on the computer. Had to go out and sweep the snow off the satellite dish to get on line. Oh well, we certainly need the moisture. Happy April 11.

P4102821.JPG

Raining hard here now. Accompanied by a 50 mph breeze. Snow coming later if the weather guessers are correct. Not the best weather for calves. One old tail ender holdout looks like she could calve any minute. I'll be doing a check or two tonight just in case.

Dosarroys I sure feel for y'all. I had a good visit with a great friend. He had done his taxes and it's pretty dang bleak here too. He spent over $850 per head last year on hay for his cows. 😳
Said if things don't change soon, he will sell out. Hay is already being contracted to the big cubing operations for $300 a ton! 😳😳😳😳

We have 4+ inches of new wet snow, 23 degrees and 20 mph winds. Its currently a white-out.and still snowing. Weather forecasters say only an inch more today, nothing tomorrow.

Billings, to the north, is to get 8" today. SE Montana 100% chance of 9" today and 3" tomorrow with winds gusting to 45 mph. Looking terrible for those in that area.

BMR, how are you making out???

Our mineral trucks are loaded and on hold for making deliveries til this storm passes. I'm glad they made that decision.

Stay safe everyone!

Latest posts