• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I have never seen such overcast and all the signs of a thunderstorm and no thunder, lightening, or rain. On my morning walk, I checked out a new digging for another new expensive home, where pasture once fed cattle, and down at 4 feet, nary a sign of any moisture. I made a big 3 mile loop and all the hay fields are baled and stacked. I think old man rain is offended because the ranchers have beat him for 3 cutting now.

The hay report is 1st cutting, 112 bales, 2nd 108, and 3rd 102. All are 1500 LB bales from 30 irrigated acres.

Overcast is a high ceiling and partly smoke. No stars or moon showing this morning. The dryness continues and prayers continue.

Yesterday I saw B and hired man working on the swather. It is now moved to places unknown. The baler was parked in front of his house. It is now gone. I see a tractor and the rake parked by a field cut a day before the rain. With all this hay equipment moving....... it is now raining once again. I don't know where B checks the weather. But he isn't using the same site I use.

Where are you located? It doesn't say on your profile. I would expect hay would be very expensive where you are if you could even find it.
Based on the handle, Dos Arroyos (two dry creeks or gullies), with his posted temperatures and drought, I am guessing a bit west of the Hill Country in Texas.

Last edited:
Another day of idle threats of rain. It even has the smell of rain this morning, but an investigation of the weather map shows any possibility of rain going around here.

With fair and rodeo time coming this week, I see the possibility of a few gully washers. Nothing like deep mud and a good spectator soaking to test the contestants resolve and the fans dedication.

I know it is wrong and a selfish motive, but several days of rain over this month would save me $300 in water bills. I should turn off my sprinklers and save $$$ but then the lawn dies and the goatheads win.

Latest posts