• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Texan

Reaction score
It's obvious the seasons are changing - finally. I need a light jacket early mornings here - mid-40's lately. S'posed to be back in the upper-80's to low-90's for highs by the end of the week. Pleasant days for finishing up projects for the year compared to the 100+ days, but sure a challenging time to straighten out calves. They don't call it national dead calf month for nothing.

What's it like at your place?

We haven't had rain since June. Very dry here in the foothills of the Big Horn mountains. The cows on the allotments had to come off 2 weeks early. It's been windy everywhere it seems. It is to get 84 degrees here today.

The only livestock we own now is a cat that will be 18 years old in Nov. Dogs have masters and cats have staff. I can tell you that is a true statement.

Cooled off a bit here for a couple of days, but we're s'posed to be back in the 90's by tomorrow with no rain in sight for a week. We've had a really good summer and even had an unusually wet late summer, but getting to the point that we could use a little rain now.

Leaves are gone now. Daytime highs are down to about +8C (46F). Started raining after we finished preg checking at the neighbours yesterday. We had a wet year but the fall has been nice. Winter will be here any day. Hoping it holds off until after shipping.

Dry down in the Nebraska panhandle, to go along with a lot of country. We have been lucky and only had a few small fires, dry land corn burns pretty black. Roads are powder, there are cows on corn stalks already. It better not catch up the moisture this winter, hay was pretty short.

Wet and muddy here last winter, so I'm ready for a dry one this year. We're overdue for a cold winter, though.

Okay, it's 44° this morning and still has time to drop a couple more degrees before daylight. That's cold enough for me, winter can stop now. If I wanted that kind of brutal weather I'd live up north some place like Oklahoma or Arkansas. LOL

56 degrees this morning with a slight breeze. Suppose to warm up to lower 70's. Beautiful weather but dry. Could sure use some rain.

That's funny about it getting rid of the riff-raff, Fh. I bet that's true. I know I'd be headed south for sure. I realize you guys appreciate the snow, but you can keep it. LOL

Seventy at my place this morning and was 92 yesterday afternoon. Gonna be a warm week, but maybe a little cool down by the weekend. Hard to believe some of you guys are flirting with 0°F already.

Dry here too, been nice temps though. Supposed to be 14 sat night, hopefully won't last too long. Edited to add, I guess a high of 35 and a low of 9 on Sunday.

That's funny about it getting rid of the riff-raff, Fh. I bet that's true. I know I'd be headed south for sure. I realize you guys appreciate the snow, but you can keep it. LOL

Seventy at my place this morning and was 92 yesterday afternoon. Gonna be a warm week, but maybe a little cool down by the weekend. Hard to believe some of you guys are flirting with 0°F already.
We couldn't do 92, so guess we are even.
Our foot of snow melted, so now we are getting ready for 4-6" between tonight and 6 pm Thursday. Then another 5" on Saturday.
The snow isn't the problem, wind is the problem. And cold. Minus 7 Sunday evening. Still hoping this crappy weather will straighten up
and we will have a few good days yet.

Unusually warm and dadgum dry in SC Colorado I'm afraid. Good for building houses, lousy for grass and not great for wells.
Chance at snow Sunday. We need a slow, wet event, but it looks like bitter cold and blowing powder instead.

Latest posts