• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Supposed to snow here Sunday. Bad bad dry all spring/summer. Lost nine springs this year. I'm hauling water to my cows. ANY moisture will be a blessing for us. Been in the 50's during the day and high 20's at night. Headed for 30's and single digits nights Monday.

The weather looks kinda cruddy all across the country over the next few days. Fires in California and the southern Rockies, hurricane along the coast, snow and record cold in the Rockies turning into an ice storm in the plains, still the 90's in parts of Texas - a little bit of crappy weather for everybody. Here's a bit of the national forecast. More at the link.

A low pressure system interacting with a surge of arctic air from western Canada continues to deliver widespread snowfall from the northern Rockies to the northern Plains early this Sunday morning. As the entire storm system continues to push southward, moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop in the central Rockies and central Plains today before turning into mixed precipitation over the southern High Plains on Monday into early Tuesday. More than a foot of snow with gusty winds and plummeting temperatures is forecast for the higher terrain across the central Rockies while a wide swatch of 6 inches or more of snow is expected across much of the central to southern High Plains. Lighter amounts of snow and wintry mix will also extend all the way into the upper Midwest. Temperatures will fall to record levels from the interior western U.S. to a large portion of the Great Plains for the next couple of days due to this early season Arctic blast. Much of the northern and central Rockies are forecast to witness sub-zero temperatures Sunday and Monday mornings. In addition, strong winds behind the Arctic front will cause blowing and drifting of snow with blizzard conditions possible in the windiest locations. Bitterly cold wind chills ranging between -10 and -20 are also expected in portions of the northern Rockies and northern Plains. This will be in stark contrast with high temperatures still in the 90s over western Texas today!

Fall roundup 2020 has been nippy! Enough snow to require chains to pull away from chutes. We are suppose to warm up to the plus side of Celsius in a few days.

Attachments

• Oct26-2020 weather.jpg
    Oct26-2020 weather.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
Fall roundup 2020 has been nippy! Enough snow to require chains to pull away from chutes. We are suppose to warm up to the plus side of Celsius in a few days.
Hi SSAP. Glad to see you posting here again. We've missed you.
Very cold here too, but things are supposed to change big time for the better starting today. We might even see some temperatures in the 60's
later on. Our 10-day forcast through Nov. 3 looks great. We might take the boat out and do some fishing if we get temp's in the 60's.
Glad you got your shipping done.

I'm not gonna complain about our weather anymore after seeing what some of you have to put up with. Well...I'll still probably complain a little bit. Really good to see you back, @S.S.A.P.

I watch shows on TV about other planets like mars or Neptune,etc. Hearing about the weather on other planets makes ours not seem as bad.

I say it a. cold son of a gun but wife and kids said it feels good. Damp and cold doesn't work well for my old bone. Weatherman saying we will have a high of in the low 40's to upper 30's. We need need all the water we can get, its been dry.

It is definitely nice to see people who haven't been here in awhile posting! We had the cold snap with no moisture. Now in the 20's at night and 60's during the day. Opening day of elk season.

Looks like we'll have out first general frost this morning. Not a freeze yet - 33 is as low as I've seen it so far this morning, but we've still got another hour or so left to drop. Official freeze or not, all the conditions are right for a good frost that will burn a lot of our warm season grasses.

I know a lot of you are dealing with ice and snow and probably laugh at us just now getting frost, but this is a little early for us compared to average. We can usually tolerate a light frost like this without losing much grass if it burns off quickly, but looks to be more for Sunday night and Monday night that might finish us off.

Big frost here yesterday. That was our 3rd frost. I've got a patch of cane I'll turn in on in a week. It should be safe.

Clear and cold here. Been staying in the 40s during the day and getting into the 30s at night. Might see some snow soon. Nice to see the sun, even if it is cold out. The last three days were nothing but rain. Shouldn't complain because of the drought we are in but it sucks slogging through it all the time.

Clear and cold here. Been staying in the 40s during the day and getting into the 30s at night. Might see some snow soon. Nice to see the sun, even if it is cold out. The last three days were nothing but rain. Shouldn't complain because of the drought we are in but it sucks slogging through it all the time.
I'm 75 years old and I've learned NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT MUD!! :)

We've had a week of really pleasant fall weather here with highs mostly in the 70's and lows in the 40's, although a little warmer this morning at 60. No rain and it's starting to get a bit dry. Forecast looks to be more of the same over the next seven days.

Great weather to get some fall chores done. Labor and work ethic seems to be the big problem around here now.

Yesterday was 37 with a light rain and windy. Snowed on the hills around us. The 10 day forecast has a few lows in the teens With the high around 40. It looks like we are in for a few days of a little snow at night melting off during the day.

Latest posts