• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Webfoot and I have the same weather. We woke up to an inch of snow here at the place and the mountain is covered with clouds. Hope it's stacking up, up there. Probably will be in single digits at night and maybe 40's during the day for a few days.

Last edited:
I had 13 degrees on the back porch yesterday morning. A neighbor said his truck read 9 degrees. It is about 30 and snowing this morning.

We've had a really pleasant fall week here, other than being warm enough to break a sweat for a couple of days. Highs in the mid-70's to low-80's. Only needed a light jacket a couple of mornings.

A little unusual that we still haven't had a freeze around here, only a couple of light frosts that really didn't hurt much. But, I'm not really gonna be surprised at anything that happens, because this has been an unusual year anyway, right?

We were experiencing unusually warm weather. However, the temperature is dropping to below freezing tonight. A friend who drives snow plow is out on the road right now spreading salt as we are entering a freezing rain warning. Wind is now up to about 30 MPH and forecast to go higher. Up to about 50 MPH.
Fortunately we are fairly well protected by trees.
So it would seem that winter is on the way. We had a little snow but it has melted and we are down to grass again.
My perennial wish -
"A foot of snow on Christmas Eve day and all melted on New Year's Day."
LOL!
Not going to happen - I expect we will see early snow this year if this cold decides to stay and it will stay white on the ground until April.
My very best to all,
BC

Good to see you're still around, BC. It's hard for me to even imagine a place where snow stays on the ground for months. You guys and your stock are plenty tough to live like that.

Finally dropped below freezing here this morning at 31 with likely another degree or two to drop. A really pleasant week in store with highs around 70 most of the week and no rain in sight. It's getting a little dry, but the dry weather is allowing us to get some things done that we normally wouldn't be able to do this time of year.

sunny warm days , 30s to 50s , ice in the reservoirs and no bottom under the water , so hauling water to winter pasture. cows want cake instead of tubs. but the tubs are scattered

A sweaty week around here last week, but a little cooler and more seasonal coming up over the next week. It's been really dry, but looks to be a good bit of rain in the forecast over the next seven days.

As bad as we need the rain, I almost hate to see it start because I'm still so far behind on stuff I didn't get done from summer. Does anybody ever get caught up? I'm thinking probably not...

Here in the Golden Triangle we are Popcorn Fart Dry. Might get some rain this coming weekend. Putting in a new working chute and thought of digging some holes, went and got the water bucket.
Don't think we ever get caught up, after I retired I found a lot of stuff that should have been done before.
Guess if we didn't get behind we wouldn't have that problem.

Last edited:
Snow that we had a month ago is gone......nice and dry....temps in high 30's and low 20's......Dad's cousin used to say that winter is a good time for a drought.....I have to agree.....

The entire ten day forecast is the same as today. Low 20+/- and the high 40 +/- with no precipitation in the forecast.
The early winter migration has been occurring here. Nearly everyday a small bunch of cows and calves come marching by headed for the winter feed grounds. There is one group of 4 pairs that have been making pests out of themselves. They keep trying to come down my driveway everyday since Wednesday. They belong about 3 miles down the road. Today for the 4th time I headed them down the road. This time I took them about 2 miles in the right direction. On the way down the road on the quad at cow speed I was dressed warm enough. On the return trip at quad going down the road speed, long underwear, the stormy Kromer hat, and a wild rag would have been more appropriate wear.

Looks like we'll get a better taste of winter over the next week, and I'd really rather not. Mid-40's here this morning and that's already too cold for me.

Mid 40's for high temps here, but anything above freezing works for me. We don't need many fronts coming through, too much loose dirt for the wind to move.

We finally got some rain yesterday. Ended up with 2 1/2 inches as of sundown and still sprinkling. Looks like the cracks are filled again.
Warm enough for the grass to start greening back up.
Tuesday morning at 1:00 am will hit 32 then go down to 29 at 5:00 am till 8:00 am. Then warm back up to around 60.
Wild Rye and Clover should start coming in for winter feed.

Latest posts