• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cold as hell and dry here. Wish if it's going to stay dry, at least it could warm up. Have to chop ice twice a day.
Howdy Haymaker!!!!!!!!

Good for you, FH. Getting in trouble with Facebook now is something to take pride in. I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any of the commie social media, but I wish there were other alternatives for conservatives. If half the country would quit using them, it would give them the financial punishment they deserve. Okay...back to the weather - LOL.

Been a warm week here with highs in the 70's all week. Really, really nice for this time of year. That all comes to an end later in the week, though. Supposed to rain Friday, with a good cold front and more rain chances for the weekend and below normal through the end of the seven day forecast.

Good for you, FH. Getting in trouble with Facebook now is something to take pride in. I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any of the commie social media, but I wish there were other alternatives for conservatives. If half the country would quit using them, it would give them the financial punishment they deserve. Okay...back to the weather - LOL.

Been a warm week here with highs in the 70's all week. Really, really nice for this time of year. That all comes to an end later in the week, though. Supposed to rain Friday, with a good cold front and more rain chances for the weekend and below normal through the end of the seven day forecast.
Seems like a lot of conservatives are switching to Parler. Don't ask me how it works. But that's what I hear. I think Dan Bongino is part owner,

Seems like a lot of conservatives are switching to Parler. Don't ask me how it works. But that's what I hear. I think Dan Bongino is part owner,
Yes, he is. And I think he is part owner of Rumble too, that's similar to Twitter. MeWe is another one that people are using. I find them hard to navigate but I'm old and guess I don't do change well. ;) There were posts on FB that the fact checkers were from China!! I wouldn't doubt at all that it's true. I have gone to www.USA.LifeSocialNetwork a few times. Seems easier to navigate. I think Facebook and Twitter are getting in big trouble with the government. I guess we will see.

On another note, after a 70 degree day Tuesday and 65 degrees yesterday, our weather is turning. We had a dusting of snow this morning, delivered mineral to ranchers near Lodge Grass, Mt and they had the same thing.

Forcasters are calling for temps in the 30's for a couple of days, then in the 40's and back to 50 on Dec. 19. Wondering if we will have a White Christmas, but we usually do.

We have had beautiful weather the last 2 weeks. Tammy and Britt have been working on Britt's new house everyday. Yesterday they were putting steel on the roof, the forecast was for freezing rain and snow and wind. I helped them by drilling the steel and handing it up to them and we fought the wind in the late afternoon until 6:30 when they screwed the last sheet down happy we beat the snow. Woke up this morning to another beautiful day. Would have been a great day to put roofing on but Tammy decorated her house for Christmas and Britt helped me catch up on a bit of cattle work.

What part of Texas are you located in?

On another note, after a 70 degree day Tuesday and 65 degrees yesterday, our weather is turning. We had a dusting of snow this morning, delivered mineral to ranchers near Lodge Grass, Mt and they had the same thing.

Forcasters are calling for temps in the 30's for a couple of days, then in the 40's and back to 50 on Dec. 19. Wondering if we will have a White Christmas, but we usually do.
You guys had a dusting of snow, but I broke a good sweat before lunch and had to run the A/C in the tractor yesterday afternoon. Of course, the A/C in the winter isn't all that unusual here. Lots of times we have to turn it on low when we're putting out hay.

Well it's 13 here this morning which is the warmest low we've had for ten days. 30% chance of snow today. Wicked dry. Out of meadow feed so bringing the cows home today. Unless we get moisture soon I may have to sell my cattle. No grass in my leased pastures and no more places available to rent. Working with a good friend who summers in western Wyoming and southern Idaho but haven't found any grass available there either. Such is life. We will just keep working and praying until there aren't any other options.

Our weather cooled off yesterday after 70 Wednesday which is about 30 degrees above normal. The cattle seemed to enjoy it, they have too much hair for the warm temperatures. They were drinking double what they normally do this time of year which kept the water hauling busy. I finally got some more hot wire up for one group and should for another today. Dry here and looking to stay that way.

Well it's 13 here this morning which is the warmest low we've had for ten days. 30% chance of snow today. Wicked dry. Out of meadow feed so bringing the cows home today. Unless we get moisture soon I may have to sell my cattle. No grass in my leased pastures and no more places available to rent. Working with a good friend who summers in western Wyoming and southern Idaho but haven't found any grass available there either. Such is life. We will just keep working and praying until there aren't any other options.
So sorry to hear. Selling cattle because of dry conditions is hard to take. Hoping you still find pasture/feed.

Same old boring 20 for a low and 40 for a high, plus or minus a few degrees one way or the other. Supposed to snow tomorrow and a chance of snow shower most of next week.
Moved the cows to the down stream meadow yesterday. Lots of grass that way for them. They have to drink out of the irrigation ditch in that field. We had left a little water running for stock water. There was a lot more ice than the last time I checked it. I chopped ice in a spot that is easy for them to get to it. An hour and a half later after chopping 8 inches of ice, I went and opened the gate to the river. I really don't want them to cross the river because we save that field for when they start calving.

Sunny and upper 60's is the forecast for us the next few days before turning a little colder toward the end of the week, with only a small chance of rain mid-week. We don't need the rain, but I'll sure make use of those upper 60's.

Latest posts