• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Well much ado about nothing! Wind switched over to northwest in the night. Got four or five flakes of snow and that's it🤬
Weather men/women/robots are all about as helpful as nipples on a boar pig!!! No idea how they can always be wrong so consistently. Grrrrrrrrr

Well much ado about nothing! Wind switched over to northwest in the night. Got four or five flakes of snow and that's it🤬
Weather men/women/robots are all about as helpful as nipples on a boar pig!!! No idea how they can always be wrong so consistently. Grrrrrrrrr
If others in any industry made as many mistakes as the meteorologists, they would be fired. Years ago we had a meterologist from Billings, Mt be the guest speaker at a dinner. He told the room, "we can only accurately predict the weather for 24 hours, and then it is subect to change." He was right.

Our weather is snowy with a bit of wind, but we have many 50 degree days coming next week; or so they are saying now. I think of the changing seasons as 'fighting it out'. Winter changing to spring is a real fight, we know who is going to win, but we have to endure the battle.

If others in any industry made as many mistakes as the meteorologists, they would be fired. Years ago we had a meterologist from Billings, Mt be the guest speaker at a dinner. He told the room, "we can only accurately predict the weather for 24 hours, and then it is subect to change." He was right.

Our weather is snowy with a bit of wind, but we have many 50 degree days coming next week; or so they are saying now. I think of the changing seasons as 'fighting it out'. Winter changing to spring is a real fight, we know who is going to win, but we have to endure the battle.
John Pulaski?

We have only been getting snow when I feed. No matter what time. I am up on the back of the truck flaking off hay and it is snowing and blowing. An hour later the sun is out and it is 40 degrees and the snow has all melted. There has to be some sort of conspiracy.

I have had people asking me, "is there any snow at your house." The answer is it depends on which direction you are facing. Both of these pictures were taken from the same spot in the driveway. I just turned 180 degrees around and faced the other way.

Attachments

• P2282383.JPG
    P2282383.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 24
  • P2282384.JPG
    P2282384.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 24
Best to you, BC. From what you posted, it has to get better!!!
Thanks!
No matter what the folks who collect the big tax subsidies say about climate, the weather always changes and we will get warmer! LOL
Hope you have a great day.
As an aside we are planning a trip west as soon as the snow is gone - going to look for a new place if all goes well.
Cheers.

The snow conspiracy continues. The wife asked me what the weather is supposed to be. I look out at the thermometer it was at 34. The sidewalk showed a little sign of rain. I went out to feed and it started snowing. And snowing hard. The forecast says a high of 45 today but I am feeding so it snows. On the bright side no new calves this morning. If they can hold off until this afternoon it would be a good thing.

We have some moisture coming Tues evening and Wed morning. We have been concerned about the snow pack on the mountain, but Mr. FH cousin says it's normal snowpack up there. In SE Mt. friends say the only mud they have is where a tank runs over. I hope some moisture comes for those folks there. Doesn't look good.

Wish it would rain here.Other than the dry snow melt we had a couple weeks ago I think we've had all of a half inch of rain in the last 7 or 8 months.

We've had more wind than I'd like. It would be ok if it blew in a storm. But it just raises hell with the dust and drys things out. Been unseasonably warm here with highs in the 60's. Slight chance of a storm Thursday. Not holding my breath

Here in northern Colorado (Eastern Slope), we got some 2 1/2 feet of snow on Sunday. Denver forecasted a snowstorm, but Sunday afternoon/evening, it had turned into a blizzard for us. Very, very heavy snowfall, with tree limbs snapping. On Monday AM, lots of folks were digging out their vehicles along with a snow-removal crew with small front-loader, plough and several snow shovels. Luckily, we have our 2005 Dodge Durango in a garage. But, it has four All-Terrain tires and AWD plus 4-Lock. Even with 171,000 miles on it, it can still plough thru snow quite good.

We lived here, before moving to northeastern Florida, for 5 1/2 years and was in the March 2003 blizzard and the Holiday Blizzard of 2006. Since August 2019, we've been back in Colorado. Should've never/ever left Colorado in the first place. A snowstorm or blizzard, to us, is much better than a Tropical Storm or Hurricane. We had both when living in Florida.

59 degrees currently headed for the 60's today. Wind is dry and constant. Yesterday Utah's governor declared the state is in emergency status because of this drought. It's as ugly as I can remember for grass. There simply is no moisture in the ground at all. Without rain soon and plenty of it, we are in for extreme measures including selling out. Please God please, send what ya can. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Latest posts