• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I've had just enough to get me by another 45 days,because I know we are going to start hitting the 90's and 100's and I'm sure the wind will blow too.The rain has been spotty.Some people have had 4 inches and some have had 6/10ths.Even the one's that got 4" haven't had any run off from it.It was over a week's time and soaked in.Going to stay with my plan of lowering my numbers.Hate to see my old girls leave though.

CC9357C1-D1C6-4439-877B-3C51AA77C961.jpeg

Cool day (62 degrees) with a strong blustery and the coldest southwest wind I have ever felt here this time of year. I got in my 5-mile rural walk, wrapped in 4 layers, and here are some photos from it.

IMG_5414.JPG
IMG_5413.JPG
IMG_5350.JPG
IMG_5328.JPG
IMG_5325.JPG

It is 32 here. Last night the neighbor and I were talking hay price. The whole southern half of the state has no grass. There is lots of last year's hay left over but it is selling right now for $180 a ton. All the hay brokers are telling him $200 hay this fall.

It keeps freezing here. 28 degrees early in the mornings. Frost on the yard grass. Nothing is growing. We got some moisture, mostly we got wind. SE MT did get some moisture, though it was spotty. Heard from a tenth to .65. That .65 will get something growing, but they have had wind too. I heard that a rancher down on the Powder River here in WY doesn't think it will even green up there.

I know a couple of times it was very dry and we went to WY from SE MT to see our dads on Father's Day and it had rained 6" by the time we got back. We had grass and hay, when we thought there would be not much of each. So there is still time to hope for rain. I try to keep positive and think every day is a day closer to rain. I love rain.

-5 c with a wind. Been without much moisture since early April but not missing it. Enough water here from last two years to get us through this one. Hope you who need moisture get enough very soon.

Latest posts