• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

The weather pattern here has evolved to extremes, right now its a cool cloudy extreme. No general rain but I did see a couple puddles in the Hot Springs, SD area last Saturday. Scottsbluff is only 1.25 below normal precipitation for the year which is about what we have had, not counting dew. If you're counting dew, well, you know.

Several days of cool here and light rain yesterday night and also rain last night. Basically, just a dust settler, and the wind usually blows during the day to reclaim what little moisture fell. Shaping up to be a bad wildfire year.

It got downright COLD here. In fact, it was no higher than 37 degrees yesterday. 33 when we got up yesterday morning and it was 33 when we went to bed last night. We covered the flower pots and put the tomatoes inside since they haven't been planted yet. It got cold enough last night there was ice on the belts on the round baler this morning. Lots of wind, cold and not much moisture. But it was wet outside, so we got some. The rain gauges don't agree, so aren't sure how much we really received. I just know it missed a good chance to rain all day yesterday instead of just mist.

Only a slight sprinkle here, wind has been horrendous. Sure hope we get a rain. Don't know about the bad fire year...won't be any fuel to burn :(
Did you end up getting rain today? I was at Haines this morning for a clinic we were putting on teaching kids how to rope, wrestle, etc at a branding. It rained pretty good until about 10:30. On my way home it was pouring in Baker. It rained pretty good here in Durkee. It looked like Lookout and Little Lookout got some serious rain.

Did you end up getting rain today? I was at Haines this morning for a clinic we were putting on teaching kids how to rope, wrestle, etc at a branding. It rained pretty good until about 10:30. On my way home it was pouring in Baker. It rained pretty good here in Durkee. It looked like Lookout and Little Lookout got some serious rain.
Gee Mister! We're you a real honest to God cowboy at one time? Gosh!

Cool temperatures here also, but we have gotten close to a half inch of rain this afternoon. The heavy storms have missed us. That's almost an inch since the blizzard in March, getting close to two inches for the year. It's green, but the hay is awful short.

It is pouring out there this morning. HOORAY. The weather underground says 100% chance and they are predicting 0.68". The grass that isn't already burnt up will jump out of the ground.

Thunder and lightning and pouring down rain. Spraying weeds has been canceled for today. Once this passes I will go check the rain gauge again.

Latest posts