• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

That is in NE Oregon????
Yes, NE Oregon desert country west and a bit north of FH and Nicky. I just checked again and they are now saying 97. A nice breeze came up that helped but I think something was wrong with our area station before noon. I just checked the other local station and they say 98.

Last edited:
It is 95 here at 3:45. The forecast for tomorrow says thunder storms. Lightning, and high winds with very little rain. Oh boy. The whole is dry dry and we are going to have lightning with little or no rain. I was going to go see my new granddaughter this weekend but fighting fire would be so much more fun.

78 when I got up this morning at 3, but now at 5 has dropped to 73. 101 was the highest yesterday. They predict 97 today. It looks like the thunderstorm hitting WF is going to be way south of here.

Big thunderstorm with 60 mph gust and chance of hail headed to Webfoots area. Hope he keeps it over there. I tried to go irrigate but the thunder chased me inside. Have got a few raindrops, fingers crossed for more.

It came right over us. The satellite internet and TV both went down for a while. Lots of thunder and lightning. It rained hard at times but they were short in duration. I just checked the rain gauge. A shy tenth of an inch. I still hear an occasional roll of thunder but from a ways away. It headed out between Lookout and Little Lookout. Looks to be headed toward Richland. The weather radar shows some pretty big cells south of us around Ironside and one over toward Lime.

Last edited:
It's unusual how cool and wet the ozark mountains of Arkansas have been; in contrast to the north especially.

Finally cooling this AM, 68, with a breeze and high today predicted to be 89 which is good compared to the triple digit temps with no breeze of the last few days. Tomorrow and most of next week with afternoon temps in the 70's and early mornings plus or minus 50. No rain predicted.

We only ended up with a little more than 0.10 inch of rain. Lots of lightning. Loud booming thunder. A picture of the sky when the storms finally passed.

Attachments

• P6032560.JPG
    P6032560.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 21
We can't get a drop of rain, thunder or lightening. Weather people are calling for 98 today (it's already 89); 93 tomorrow,
then 82, 88, 95, 96, 86, 86, 89, 94 (that's to June 13!). No rain in the forecast. This country is going to be a tinderbox without our June rains. We depend on those to get us through the summer. This is arid country at best...it really is frightening seeing
these hot temperatures so early. We will wear out the knees of our jeans praying for rain.

We are getting some rains/sprinkles a few times a week and the pastures are as good as I've seen them in a long time,but we aren't getting any runoff from them.Now that the ground is wet down 16 inches or so,we could use a good 3 incher over half a day and it would fill some of the dry stock tanks around.Right now I'm concerned on where we'll be in late July and August.

I rented a dozer and I've been grubbing mesquites since the ground's so damp.Makes for easy deep grubbing and I'm trying to reclaim grass land from the darn things.Never ending battle

@DosArroyos Having spent some time in my teens on my great uncle and aunt's huge west-central Texas ranch, I understand your battle with mesquite. It sucks all the moisture out of the soil and roots can go as deep as 200 feet. They said as long as you get 2' of the taproot they won't come back. The ground has to be moist way deep as you said, so a limited window of opportunity. The main spots of removal were several hundred acres surrounding their deep well windmill-fed stock tanks. This was the 1960s and family had been at it since the late 1800s so no larger ones in the target area. My auntie and I hauled and piled up the mesquite and burned it taking several breaks to cool off in the stock tank since no one was in viewing range.

Much cooler here with high winds yesterday and lighter winds today. Overcast today, but no rain in the 10-day forecast. Amazing how much this wind dries the soil down a few inches. It got down to the mid-40s last night. Today high predicted at 70.

Latest posts