• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shining the flash light out the window at the thermometer that is out on the deck 15 feet away, it is 0 or real close. I am not going elk hunting this morning. Too cold to be shooting an elk.

I did my morning chores. Fed the barn cats. Fed the steers. It is 0, well maybe 0.5 (it is warming up). But the TV last night said it was going to be 27 in Portland. The TV was warming people that is would be below freezing....... Oh the Horror.

You still have a tag?
-3 here
Yep a cow tag good until the 31st. I haven't got to serious as I don't have that much room in thee freezer. My friend Kenny over in Haines also has a tag or two so I am mostly hunting for him. I will shoot it and tag it. He can butcher it and leave me some back strap and a couple roasts.

14 degrees F with a light wind. The weather station says feels like 14. It feels colder to me. A big ice storm is still to come and coming up the river. Almost have my drive cleared off of the 3" that fell last night.

I hope they are wrong about the ice storm.

Well it just turned to freezing rain. The road out of here is compact snow and ice. Freezing rain on top of that should make things real slick. I have a feeling that Edna and I will just be staying home tomorrow. Oh well who needs to travel on Christmas?

28 F here this icy morning. The ice storm was just enough to slicken things up but wasn't terrible last evening because the temp was around 11 F and the ice was thin and pelleted. With the warming this morning, it is slick and more dangerous than pissing off Tonya Harding. ⛸️

I see the radar shows another ice storm coming up the river and once out east, dropping to cover most of Northeast Oregon. That should add some more slickness to the already slick and make for some dangerous travel.

Latest posts