• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Rain several days in a row. Good heavy rains that are soaking in since we never had a very deep ground freeze. 43 F here and I see heavy snow at Mecham due to 34 F but I see the next few days in the high 30s and low 40s up there and I sure hope that doesn't mean an early run-off and little base left for summer.

About 34-35 with sleet and a heavy breeze. Most of the snow in the yard and front fields is gone. But the compacted snow/ice in the driveway was slick as snot this morning. One of those days it is nice to be retired and in the house and not out in it. One of my old timber falling buddies said on days like this, "It is the pits to hire on to be tough and then have to go out and prove it."

Has anyone ever slipped on snot? I use that saying also, but sometimes I question when I ever slipped on snot. Maybe I forgot. :ROFLMAO:

I think I slipped on bovine after birth once, but that doesn't have the same air of importance as snot. ;)

Has anyone ever slipped on snot? I use that saying also, but sometimes I question when I ever slipped on snot. Maybe I forgot. :ROFLMAO:

I think I slipped on bovine after birth once, but that doesn't have the same air of importance as snot. ;)
I have had several old cows blow snot up my back side. Fortunately it never got under my feet because that would have been a bad time to slip.

35 and raining here, muddy yucky. Hate to cuss moisture but sure don't like mud. Still have plenty of ice too. I'm still wearing my boot chains.
We only have one sod pasture and save it for the pairs. So we are feeding on stubble now, does have some not great grass areas in it but is kind of scary. We only had 9 inches of snow at the most, always amazes us how muddy it can get with little moisture. The gophers are digging up dry dirt.

35 and raining here, muddy yucky. Hate to cuss moisture but sure don't like mud. Still have plenty of ice too. I'm still wearing my boot chains.
We only have one sod pasture and save it for the pairs. So we are feeding on stubble now, does have some not great grass areas in it but is kind of scary. We only had 9 inches of snow at the most, always amazes us how muddy it can get with little moisture. The gophers are digging up dry dirt.
I think when it is so dry, the ground sometimes repels the moisture. I have seen where it falls on deep dirt powder and blows up dust. One place I remember was off Anthony Lakes road where it had a lot of talc in the soil. I love sandy loam with several fall rains falling on it and going down deep.

An Old-Timer in SW Montana always said "it's not good when snow falls on dry dirt."

We sorted heavies yesterday and moved the big bunch to where we normally save for the pairs. Got them out just in time, barely made it around in the side by side yesterday afternoon.
Mucky, yucky.... Surely it has to start going in the ground soon.

It rained this morning. Good old heavy rain at 36 degrees and a stout breeze to make things more pleasant. Stopped in at the corral to talk to B for a minute. They were about to start their second day in a row of preg checking in this lovely weather. The pens are mud about knee deep. I told him the weather reminded me of 20 years of falling timber on the coast. He said you would thing a person would retire. I said I did. Why do you think I moved over here. few days like this is no big deal. Try nearly every day November through March.......

49 F here. 😳 No way it's January 12th. Mud everywhere but the almost 2 feet of snow has all but disappeared now. More weather coming this Sunday. 48 inches of snow at the Snotel sight with an incredible 290% of snow/water equivalent and 222% of normal for total moisture since Oct 1st. This is exactly what the doctor ordered for busting up a drought.

49 F here. 😳 No way it's January 12th. Mud everywhere but the almost 2 feet of snow has all but disappeared now. More weather coming this Sunday. 48 inches of snow at the Snotel sight with an incredible 290% of snow/water equivalent and 222% of normal for total moisture since Oct 1st. This is exactly what the doctor ordered for busting up a drought.
It always rains or snows at the end of a drought........Cussin the mud yet?......

Wowie, that is awesome. We've been seeing how high all of Utah's snow packs are.

we fed late afternoon; cows eat drink eat bed down and next morning when it cold they clean up. Besides nite usually colder than day so feed means heat. Well today it is getting close to 50 so I fed this morning because the ground froze a and there going to be mud and puddles in the bare spots in the snow. Did feed on what snow was out there.

Latest posts