• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Our driveway.
20230130_150300.jpg

22 this morning.I'm leaving in a bit to go break ice and let cows get a drink.I'll give out some cubes too.I call them sack lunches.$14.10 a sack this year.Last year they were $10.75.

I haven't been outside to look at our thermometer yet. The computer says 11 degrees out. If you can believe what the computer says.

20 degrees clear and cold. Supposed to get 36 today. Blue sky and the sun is shining. 8:20, in another hour or so the sun will hit the house.

My local weather station is Democrat! They report 46 F and feels like 45 F, but it feels like 32 F to me. The wind and overcast aren't supporting their fake news air temperature or failure to get a correct "feels like" temperature. :mad:

We just have a few hard banks, lots of bare ground and Ice, lots of ice,
That's how it was in SE Montana when we were there.
We are in a 3- or 4-day Weather warning. Lots of snow, 6 to 12" and WIND from today to Thursday morning and then again on the weekend. We listen to Don Day weather and he says this is weather system is entrenched at this point and isn't going to change. He even covers Utah.

March doesn't sound good either.
This is an old-fashioned winter that we haven't experience for many years.

Bull sales canceled, most every highway in Wyoming is closed, No School in crook county. Tomorrows Board of Ag meeting in Cheyene looks Like a Zoom meeting for most every board member. Wind , snow with sub zero temps.

It's been a little breezy. Very little snow. Winds close to 120 mph were recorded yesterday.
Oh Ned, how devastating.
We have suffered loss from wind for years. Back in WY 1973, what was called "The Good Friday Storm" there was 98 mph winds. And snow. Lots of snow. It killed a lot of livestock as it lasted 3 days. In SW Montana we had a tornado on our place, took down 500 cottonwood trees. That was a real mess. Then in SE Montana we lost roofs and windbreaks due to wind. In SE MT
a young couple was putting up a solid large panel and a microburst hit. Both of them perished
when the panel blew over when a microburst hit it.
I hope no one was injured in the wind event in Co.

Here it is 18 degrees this morning with a couple inches of snow and still snowing. Our "local" news comes out of Portland 320+ miles away. They got 6 to 10 inches of snow over there. Watching the news one wold think the world is coming to an end over there.
Mean while in Baker County we just go out and feed the cows like every other day. The cows sure followed the feed truck this morning. And the 3 calves who are all 5-10 days old aren't bothered a bit. The steers were lined up wanting to know why I was late with their corn.

P2223086.JPG
P2223087.JPG
P2223089.JPG

Latest posts