• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We were on the edge of the storm this time! Only about nine inches and not as cold nor windy as predicted. Thankful though that we were prepared and had everything tucked in to protection. Also thankful we are nearly done calving. Really looking forward to those 70 degree days ahead! Maybe our glaciers in the hills and 20' drifts in our tree belts will start to melt. I am going to try to send a photo of yesterday, the day after the storm.

9688CEA2-F97E-4F6B-9823-C691A6C775F4.jpeg

It's a sweltering 8F here this morning. Supposed to get into the 60's by Monday. We are now at 422% of normal for moisture. 😳😳😳😁😁😁
It's going to be a wet weasel if this all melts at once.

It is supposed to be 50 here today. Rain tomorrow. No snow down here in the valley but there sure is up in the hills. Snotel says our snow pack is at 148%. They are listing down on the Owyhee it is over 200%. Good thing they really need the water.
Nice enough that there are 2 brandings today. Neighbors so one right after the other.

Oh man. We had 100 year flood in SW Montana. Rain on the mountain caused the snowpack to melt fast...took out our bridge, changed the channel of the creek even. It was a real MESS!
Hope that doesn't happen to you, Dave.
Over on the coast we had one in 2007. Several feet of sloppy wet snow in the Willipa Hills. A typhoon brushed against the coast. Wind on the mouth of the Columbia was clocked at 160 mph. 14 inches of rain the the Willipa Hills. The Chehalis River just down stream from my place was clocked at 90,000 cubic feet per second. Normally the river was about half a mile from my house. At the high water it was a 100 feet from my back door and running down the county road in front of the house. I was stuck on an island for an island for several days. I just had to rebuild some fence. But a lot of people lost their homes, a number of bridges washed out, and a thousand + dairy cows killed.

Sunday it broke 60 degrees for the first time this year. Monday might have made 70. If not it was close. Today I notice that the snow line on the hills has moved a lot higher. And the river is up a foot and a half.

Sunday it broke 60 degrees for the first time this year. Monday might have made 70. If not it was close. Today I notice that the snow line on the hills has moved a lot higher. And the river is up a foot and a half.
And it's only going to be in high 30's or low 40's today and tomorrow...

This morning I fed in shirt sleeves. Now at 1:00 it is snowing straight across. Snowing hard enough that visibility is under half a mile. It is 35 degrees and it is melting as fast as it hits the ground. But this afternoon project of burning the irrigation ditches is canceled once more

This morning I fed in shirt sleeves. Now at 1:00 it is snowing straight across. Snowing hard enough that visibility is under half a mile. It is 35 degrees and it is melting as fast as it hits the ground. But this afternoon project of burning the irrigation ditches is canceled once more
Please don't send it here...

Just cold overcast and looking like more rain here today. The 5 day grass seed I planted took 20 days to sprout. The wind is what makes it miserable here. I do have one blossom on my tomato plants.

We had a couple ugly days of wind and heavy wet snow,
Yearling cattle already turned out drifted, neighbor still missing 40 another fellow had some 8 miles west and others headed south into the USA last I heard 10 miles with no corrals in sight,
North of us heard a fellow lost 60 calves, another not much better and another one worse off. East of us had more snow, I'm sure we will hear of more losses when people know what they have.

Yearling cattle already turned out drifted, neighbor still missing 40 another fellow had some 8 miles west and others headed south into the USA last I heard 10 miles with no corrals in sight,
North of us heard a fellow lost 60 calves, another not much better and another one worse off. East of us had more snow, I'm sure we will hear of more losses when people know what they have.
We caught some of that crap here as well............will keep an eye out for the yearlings.........

It hurts to read that, BMR. I hope losses aren't as bad as feared.

Latest posts