• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where is everyone?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Was just wondering where all the ranchers have gone.
Back in the day this was a busy place,
I know we have had many pass away over the years, old friends gone,
Many have left for the broader reach of Facebook and greater ease of posting pictures.
Maybe we are a dying breed .

The younger folks are chatting away on "X" (Twitter). They have networks of cow-calf ranchers, backgrounders and feeders all "chatting" together (usually bitching about the futures trade, COF reports and packers!). They post pictures of their machinery breakdowns, snowbanks or drought cracks, their young kids sitting on tractor seats and talk nostalgically about the "good old" tractors of yesteryear that look a lot like the crap I still run! It makes me kind of proud of the younger generation, but mostly just makes me feel old!

You are all a group of dear friends. As winter evenings grow longer I hope to start creating Soapweed's photo book. I'll try to post a few sneak peek previews. 😉
I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving! We had a lovely "family" day with very grateful hearts.

You are all a group of dear friends. As winter evenings grow longer I hope to start creating Soapweed's photo book. I'll try to post a few sneak peek previews. 😉
I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving! We had a lovely "family" day with very grateful hearts.
Aww, love you guys!

This is a quiet place anymore. Nothing left to argue about that we haven't already covered I guess.

A photo book???? AWESOME! I can't wait!!!
I always hoped he would do that. I sent him a book that a dear friend,
Mike Logan, did because I wanted to encourage Soap to do the same thing.

Has everyone gone away?
No new posts since deff posted last Monday.
I heard Texan finally got that dream job at the circus. He's actually a midget that rides a big mastiff herding ostriches in one end of the tent. He also helps with the setting up of the "man with mustache and boobs" tent where his best friend and partner Juan works. Texan has also got bean poisoning which is common in Texas and makes your belly swell as you get older.

I heard Texan finally got that dream job at the circus. He's actually a midget that rides a big mastiff herding ostriches in one end of the tent. He also helps with the setting up of the "man with mustache and boobs" tent where his best friend and partner Juan works. Texan has also got bean poisoning which is common in Texas and makes your belly swell as you get older.

I'll be darned.That's the same thing I have,but have never been diagnosed.

Latest posts